Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tony police
Sep 22, 2006

i'm really bad at 3d geometry so this chat is cool

add this to the OP snipe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjOZtWZ56lc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
last year while unemployed i coded a bunch of vector functions in python so i could write a rudimentary 3d renderer in python, and i remember having an absolute bitch of a time with things like "okay say something is pitched 90 degrees up; how should i represent that so that rotations can continue to be smoothly applied" which i realize now is just gimbal lock

next time i lose my job i'll try out quaternions

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

current project im doing now has all three of quaternions, rotation matrices, and euler angles for three different reasons

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

fritz posted:

current project im doing now has all three of quaternions, rotation matrices, and euler angles for three different reasons

I'm calculating chern numbers cause I'm a baby

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Post your favorite touchdown

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
Anyone know what the theorem that proves the existence of ring extension that splits a polynomial is called? cf Kronecker's theorem for field extensions.

Greed is eternal fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 31, 2014

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Intruder posted:

hank hill

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Intruder posted:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMuUBZ_DAeM

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

all of those people have severe brain damage, are in debt, and are dead due to a lack of math rip

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

so skylark is the new mod i guess based on these title changes!??!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

fooled em good

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

maths own

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The only maths ya'll better be doing is adding 6 to the score because of a touchdown

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

A defensive linebacker who weighs 280 pounds approaches the opposing quarterback at an angle theta of 35 degrees at a velocity of 8 meters per second. If we assume the tackle is an inelastic collision, find a) the final yardage of the QB, and b) the

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

a train with chronic traumatic encephalopathy leaves new york at 9 AM travelling west at two miles per hour because the rising sun hurts its eyes and the vibration from moving any faster makes it want to vomit. a healthy stable family life heads north from bangladesh an hour later at sixty kilometres per hour. how long until these trains meet

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

at the start of the season it is projected that the packers have a 13.1% chance of winning the superbowl, while the giants have a 9.9% chance. what is the probability that the championship game will be between those two teams? if it is, what is the probability that the giants will win?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ur dead

This is you

You know, in the Browns jersey

Not the Steelers jersey. Cause if I was the one in the Browns jersey then I'd be the one who was dead

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

can we post about college football or just nfl

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

ArmZ posted:

can we post about college football or just nfl

both are fine as long as nobody gets all 'college is superior over NFL' about it becuase that is NOT true, they are just simply different in their respective ways and both should be respected for what they are!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ok

This is my favorite touchdown, and it should be yours too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfebpLfAt8g

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkpDz8YyVD8

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
alternatively

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GKmkD1pUG0

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idg grid iron how it's like te game stops every 3 seconds I mean sport is boring enough as it is wthyout it stopping all the god drat time

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

echinopsis posted:

idg grid iron how it's like te game stops every 3 seconds I mean sport is boring enough as it is wthyout it stopping all the god drat time

it might be an overused analogy, but american football is like chess sorta especially in that it's a collection of independent, single moves.

it's not a moving sport like soccer that is constantly moving and evolving, but happens in single, discrete moves. each move has very many factors, and sometimes many occur back to back to back, but it simply is a series of events.

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR
Does anyone else do work in convex optimization and LMIs?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Job Truniht posted:

Does anyone else do work in convex optimization and LMIs?
no what is it used for

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Sniep posted:

it might be an overused analogy, but american football is like chess sorta especially in that it's a collection of independent, single moves.

it's not a moving sport like soccer that is constantly moving and evolving, but happens in single, discrete moves. each move has very many factors, and sometimes many occur back to back to back, but it simply is a series of events.

this is why football owns, lotta room for 'tism

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bloody posted:

this is why football owns, lotta room for 'tism

also the athletes are killing themselves

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Math and football can go together! For example, to compute someone's quarterback rating, you simply

:suicide:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
football in the math thread is now probateable.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

get your own thread, sportos

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
.99 isnt equal to 1 you're a Mormon if you think it does but it IS equivalent so there

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it

echinopsis posted:

equivalent

these two words mean the same thing

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

echinopsis posted:

.99 isnt equal to 1 you're a Mormon if you think it does but it IS equivalent so there

.99 actually isn't 1 their difference is 0.01 hth

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tin Gang posted:

these two words mean the same thing

so now the argument is

equal != equivalent

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

your posting != good

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
Now how do I extend the zeta function to s<0?

\zeta(-1)=\sum_{n=1}^\infty n^{1} = 1+2+3+...=1/12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Greed is eternal posted:

Now how do I extend the zeta function to s<0?

verrrrrry carefully

• Locked thread