Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Songs of Innocence is a bad, generic album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
U2 only went downhill from Boy.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
pop is still their worst but songs of idiots has definitely wrested the #2 spot from no line on the horizon

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Blackula69 posted:

i don't think so at all. it's all over the place and the last few songs sound the most post-punk of anything they've done in a long time. and the lyrics are actually about specific things
maybe it's the production or something but it all sounded like lovely whoa-oh-whoa coldplay/imagine dragons/whatever else radio trash to me

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ShadowHawk posted:

Honestly I think it's more this:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/03/06/286786987/for-some-people-music-truly-doesnt-make-them-happy

The researcher in the article calls it music-specific anhedonia and they made a little online quiz version.

Here were my scores:

The mean is 50 and standard deviation is 10, which puts me way out of "normal" for everything but sensori-motor responses to music.
hoyl poo poo

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
anyone else pumped for the next metallica??

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

PleasureKevin posted:

I really like the U2 album
I'm happy that it gave you pleasure, Kevin. :)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
paul hewson and david evans

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Yeah, that's his nickname: The Edge. I used to think names like "The Edge" or "Spike" were cool, but then I turned 12.

The only way I could ever respect him is if he shouted some stupid catch phrase before every concert like "WATCH OUT! THE EDGE WILL CUT YOU!"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
there is no reason to listen to the '80s king crimson albums after discipline because the live performances on absent lovers are like 1000x better

studio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6MpVJtoewg

live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwOeYCz_XI0

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ShadowHawk posted:

Granted, but why wouldn't you filter out the crowd noise at least?

I'm the last person who should be judgemental about this sort of thing but I honestly do wish to understand.
poor soul clearly hasn't heard johnny cash at folsom prison oh wait it's shadowhawk never mind

• Locked thread