Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

ShadowHawk posted:

also I have zero comprehension of why people record live music and put it on services like Pandora, the idea that someone would prefer that rendition to a studio version is just completely beyond me

some bands can actually play their instruments well (or at least decently) and can put on good live shows. so the question becomes: why wouldn't you want to hear a quality recording of a good live show, where the band was having a good time and playing their songs differently or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

ShadowHawk posted:

Granted, but why wouldn't you filter out the crowd noise at least?

I'm the last person who should be judgemental about this sort of thing but I honestly do wish to understand.

That's why I said well recorded. On a well recorded live album you don't hear the audience much, and usually only for situations where you'd want to hear them (audience interaction, etc.). Like, a recording taken off the microphone inputs or whatever instead of just some chucklefuck holding up a mic in a crowded room.

• Locked thread