Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

DoctorWhat posted:

ABSLOM DAAK, DALEK KILLER

YOU MOTHERFUCKERS HAD BETTER KNOW WHO ABSLOM DAAK IS

YES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

PriorMarcus posted:

Do you have the colour version of this too?

Yup:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Rochallor posted:

Thinking back on it, I'm not sure the "Goodness has nothing to do with it" line was really earned. It doesn't seem to flow from how Clara acted in the episode.

I read it more as 12's perspective on what makes the Doctor, well, the Doctor - it's not how moral one is, but rather ruthless and ingenious pragmatism in the face of nigh-impossible odds.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

I feel like the Dreamlord is the closest exploration of the Valeyard we'll see any time soon.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Yeah, I enjoyed the episode, but the latter half mostly being exposition on the Cyber cover story before pulling the already-telegraphed "but 3W's entire business we just spent 20 minutes on is all bullshit because it was the Cybermen all along!" felt like treading, ahem, water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Yeah, and I'm ok with the Danny dilemma if deliberately choosing to have your emotions removed makes these Cybermen immune to their historical emotional induction weakness.

• Locked thread