Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Autonomous Monster posted:

Seriously, enough with the Doctor pissing on Clara please.

Nope. More please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Surely it's a fear because there could be some fucker hiding under there and it's a pretty vulnerable place.

He might as well be asking why some people are afraid to open the fridge in case a murderous clown head jumps out at you. :/

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

e: This episode is structurally bizarre.

It's like it's been made by a bunch of schizophrenics.

This nonsense is what the previous series were like right?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So the entire thing was just for her having been there when the Doctor was a kid? :raise:

loving hell, this is bad.

Edit: why is there so much loving "serious drama" being poured over this. :psyduck:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So I guess it really was a kid under the bedspread.

It could have been some fucker there to murder the kid too, maybe rob them blind at the same time and they just let him get away to rob and murder someone else.

Edit: and there was stuff knocking on the door at the end (when everything was supposed to be dead).

Oh and did he really need a magic screwdriver to make the door go from "locked" to "unlocked"?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So is this a human bank? It seems very human for a bank that only holds money for solar system owning types.

It seemed even more human when everyone went "*gasp* something alien" in a bank known as the "Greatest bank in the Galaxy".

Would it kill them to, you know, have a few more aliens in it, maybe looking a bit more like, you know, aliens?

Hell, Farscape had ridiculous levels of puppetry and animatronics on alien characters that were only used in one episode.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Welcome to Doctor Who. :geno:

They had a partnership with the Jim Henson company, mind.

Yeah, but the BBC could also throw a bit of money at this couldn't they? It is one of their Flagship shows isn't it?

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair, even the Doctor had never seen it before.

If the others knew what a Teller was, that they'd gasp makes sense since who the hell doesn't feel guilt about SOMETHING, especially astonishingly rich people?

Possibly for the latter although i'm willing to bet it was for looking alien rather than what it did seeing as feeling guilty is a stupidly ambiguous thing to detect.

I guess i'm more thinking that Dr Who should have the Doctor floating from extremely alien world to extremely alien world doing cool alien adventures with the constantly human companion going "coo, wot's all this then?" with the doctor explaining it to them with various levels of contempt. If you make things too human you kind of make the purpose of a companion irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-OTYT02W7E

Here's a full version of Don't Stop Me Now by Foxes and it's magical. There's also some very brief clips of what seem to be future episodes so spoiler warning I guess?

Man, i can't stand that at all. The entire song is about speed and energy (hence why the original was all kind of staccatoish) and this cover just slows it down way too much.

Adding a female voice and a jazzy/swing melody does not always make a good cover of a song.

• Locked thread