Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

The pre-credits part was really well filmed and my s/o was getting really scared by the bedcovers scene so at least the horror parts were done really well.

I think i'd have preferred the young doctor scenes to have ended with Clara getting him to go back to bed then not having the Clara's Big Emotional Speech bit, 'cos it was too overly labored. But overall I liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Spikeguy posted:

Has it ever been established why The Doctor took such a liking to Earth and hangs out there more often than not? I know he protects anyone he can, but this place seems to have taken a special place in his heart.

I think its covered in eps between nov 1963 - current day

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Noxville posted:

I generally feel that the m-word is overused, that overuse of 'misogyny' dilutes it's meaning in circumstances where 'sexist' is more accurate... but the constant belittling of a woman (particularly of her appearance) is such a key component of abusive relationships (the intent being to destroy her self-confidence and keep her from believing that she can do better) that it's really difficult to read these constant put-downs as being anything different. It's been present in every episode this season and hasn't really been in the past, and it's kind of hosed.

Theres a word for sexist towards women tho, so people should use that.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Occ's thread thought: would people say that where he is is the lowest point of revival who

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Eleven materialised it around clara in the snowmen

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

The trailer looks like too much wacky double life romance comedy for me but hopefully it won't be

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I recently rewatched snowmen and it was actually a really fun episode to rewatch. It really gave a wonderful sense of magic and fairytaleness to the doctor that was really charming

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

PoshAlligator posted:

Slam me for linking to TVTropes but here's a TVTropes link: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CelestialBureaucracy

It'd be enough of a twist for me if it's not really the afterlife though.

Um. Its not gonna be the afterlife dude

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Senor Tron. You monster

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

they're just... biscuits

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Space museum

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I unironically think its great. The doctors anti-establishment streak is just wonderful.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Autonomous Monster posted:

Though, The Shakespeare Code does stand out in my mind as an episode that wasn't just bad, it mad me embarrassed to be watching. All episodes where the Doctor writer masturbates over some historical figure are like that, but The Shakespeare Code is excruciatingly poorly executed to boot.

If you are including vincent and the doctor in this i will fight you

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Hang on. Is this weeks episode gonna be vashta nerada?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Trees. Ep title about shadows or darkness or something. I think it might

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I would be up or possibly down for secret santa-ing

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Or Chris Browns career being ruined. Or Russell Crowe

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I've only just started watching and hahahahaha dramatic drainpipe shots

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Wow its been a while

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I was just looking for dr who watching tips for me and mt child and you send me to goatass you monster

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Honestly this feels like the weakest moffatt season to me. I love capaldi but this season just fell flat to me

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Care to elaborate? I'm not saying you're wrong or anything like that, I'd just like to hear your thoughts in general on what didn't work across the season - did the season-long plot not resonate with you? The characterization? The structure of the episodes or even the general aesthetic. Or was it as simple as the show simply just didn't click with you this season?

The thread gets (bizarrely) accused of hive-mind consensus views a lot, so it'd be nice to hear a deeper discussion of the reasons why and how the season didn't work for somebody familiar with the show who watched the whole season and was left feeling it was flat.

I'm going to bed now but will try and piece something together tomorrow

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Can you livestream your chat window?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

At least keep gooncam available

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I get the feeling he will be hella mad

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I'm considering doing a Regenerated Dr Who Toxx Guessing game, but either I need to find a way to make score spread out more or run it over a longer period of time. Currently I'm wondering about running over the duration of the Amy/Rory Companionship so 2 and a half season. Thoughts? General feedback?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

That's the other option really

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

The main issue is that one season doean't give too wide a point spread so the scores are too clustered. With just one season its too likely there are muliple tied scores, especially if more people join.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Thats my thinking. People have had a quarter of a year to start reading the thread

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

I'll step in and say this is a bad idea, if only because there's no guarantee either one of us will even last that long.

I could take three seasons. And if you break off early decide what to do on what things look like at the time... Unless you're hinting that he got really angry at journeys end

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Attitude Indicator posted:

alternately take the thing really loving seriously, becuase if you cant take a game where someone guesses what someone else thinks of an episode of a tv on an internet forum seriouslly, then whats the point of it all.

Taking it seriously is like :(, not taking it seriously is like :) right now I'm :) not :(

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I am genuinely excited at the idea of someone getting to watch smiths run for the first time.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I've never watched 'the next doctor' for some reason. Is it actually worth watching?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

CobiWann posted:

drat it! My DVR didn't tape last night's episode. What happened?

Oh man it was the best revival episode you wouldn't believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Solaris Knight posted:

Keeping Up Appearances

Errrrrrrrrrrr what?

Cobi - move red dwarf up to the top of your list.

• Locked thread