Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

I have a deskbed I can't identify with any of this. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Oh okay.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

At least I know Gallifrey now has barns and hay.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

The scene transitions are really screwing with me.

ps black people dying first that's cool.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

This is some nice crow I'm eating now.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Oh. Okay.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The reason the episode fell down, I think - and it did fall down - was that it completely half arsed the genre conventions. If you watch something like Ocean's Eleven the structure is:

1. Describe the security of the bank, get some people whose special abilities will help you. This is the majority of the film.
2. Do the break in which goes mostly smoothly (minus some small drama on individual jobs) with a twist at the end.

To me it felt like they were trying to make it more like Hustle, but they still sort of bungled it for reasons I can't quite think of. Besides it really lacking that "Wow, what a twist!" factor.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

This episode is so weird but I like it way more than I should.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Then of course there's The End of Time, which is one utterly dreadful episode followed by an episode that is much better if only because it isn't part one, and because of the amazing Matt Smith debut.

Yes but in Part 1 you get 40 minutes of sheer incoherence followed by 5 minutes of pure loving hilarity.

It's actually so bad it's good.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I'm really digging this episode so far, very atmospheric and a lot of lovely dialogue.

Well this is interesting in the hindsight of 20 seconds ago.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

My comment still stands, though obviously it is a very different atmosphere now! :)

I'm just hoping it ends well since I like this way too much right now.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Her nervous system :stare:

This is too scary for me.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

This episode is making me crack up and I have no idea why.

The loving hug jumpcut just now made me lose my poo poo.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

HD DAD posted:

Speaking finales, I honestly do not remember a thing that happened in The Wedding of River Song. In my memory, it's just a string of unrelated scenes and zero context that ends on a pyramid? There's eyepatches or something too.

That was a bad episode.

Wasn't there a blue head in a box screaming "DOCTOR WHO?!?!" repeatedly right near the end?

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Well this is loving dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

This is really growing on me now after the entire "It was all a test dream" first five minutes.

• Locked thread