Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
I couldn't find a "short questions" thread in IYG so I'm hoping it's alright to post this here. Anyway, does such a thing exist as a male-to-male 90-degree HDMI adapter? I recently received a PlayStation TV and I want to wire it into a small 4-port HDMI switch without having a bunch of stiff cable sticking out behind the switch. Something like this:

The M-to-F adapter is a piece of cake to find - I purchased one a few months back from Monoprice. Unfortunately, it seems as though no one needs a M-to-M variant of that adapter so it's all but impossible to find. Have you guys seen anything like this? Is there a better way to accomplish this setup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Gothmog1065 posted:

I've never seen one like that. I've seen a male-male straight, but not a 90 degree bend. You'd probably be just as easily served by getting a short 1.5' cable and just keeping it looped. That way you still have flexibility on the line if something gets moved for whatever reason. My only question is do you know if the PSTV is going to sit at the perfect height for the two 90 degree adapters to work right? If not you're looking at possible stresses breaking something over time, or using gap spacers of some sort. I would just go with a short cable in this case.
The PSTV won't sit flush with the top of the switch so I knew I'd have to put some kind of spacer under it no matter what. The reason I was looking to do something crazy like this is because I wanted to mount the HDMI switch towards the back of my desk, where it only has a few inches of clearance from the wall. I had previously used a short HDMI cable (about a foot long) but all that extra coiled-up cable was ugly and pushed the switch forward more than I wanted. It also prevented the PSTV from resting nicely on top of the switch, as the TV is pretty light and can't help but get jostled around.

I think at this point I'll just reconnect the short HDMI cable and use some of those 3M Command strips to stick the PSTV and switch together.