Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pogue_Mahone
Aug 23, 2007

Pissehead in the Making
Hey guys, posted this in the new build thread, but think it is more apt here:

Any idea why my Mobo temp is saying it is 114 degrees C??? Just built my new pc, everything seems to be working fine, but checking temps the mobo is mental. What gives?

Thanks for any ideas!

Edit: Will just say that the temp is steady, it doesnt change, when I open HWMonitor, it says 113, 114, or 117 and stays at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pogue_Mahone
Aug 23, 2007

Pissehead in the Making

Gothmog1065 posted:

Probably a bad sensor or some such. I've never looked at any temps aside from my CPU, GPU and HDD's.

Thanks for the answer, guessing the same. I am thinking a bad sensor should be nothing to worry about? I just stress tested the build with p95, and my CPU hit 79 degrees C before I quit - since I have a Coolermaster Hyper 212 I thought I wouldn't hit such a high temp? Was expecting 70C at most? Should I take the cooler off and put on new thermal paste?

Sorry for the newbie questions, I rarely keep up to date with PC build until I am building a new one (every 4 years or so)

Pogue_Mahone fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 25, 2014

Pogue_Mahone
Aug 23, 2007

Pissehead in the Making
Thanks for the reply, Yeah I tried both of the tests, the second test you mention did bring in a lower temperature (75C?). I just played some Diablo 3 for an hour or so and max temp for CPU hit 66C, so that is alright I suppose. Would be slightly worried if it went above 70 on a game such as D3. Got to say my GTX 970 is pretty amazing though, fans barely even come on when I am playing run of the mill games.... Good purchase!