Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
I bought a HDMI-VGA adaptor from ebay for about £6, which whilst functional produces a pretty fuzzy picture.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent HDMI-VGA adaptor that gives sharp output?

EDIT: To be clear, I know I will never get a proper super-sharp digital experience, but I need a stopgap for the moment until I can upgrade my two VGA only monitors, and the one going through the adaptor was like using a super low quality cable that smeared the picture.

Experto Crede fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Nintendo Kid posted:

What resolution are you running it at? VGA inherently tends to be fuzzy at high resolutions due to the analog design, and your cables can easily be manufactured poorly and introduce interference and fuzziness as well.

1080p, which my other monitor runs fine at (Though obviously not as sharp as pure digital would be.)

I think the issue mainly is that when I cracked this cheap one open I saw it has basically no shielding on anything and the soldering job is clearly janky as hell, so the hope is a pricier, and thus hopefully better put together one will be clearer.

Experto Crede fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 17, 2014