Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
This isn't super PC specific, but I recently purchased 3 USB microphones to record podcasts with my friends and I can't seem to record all three at the same time on Audacity/Audition/anything. Is it not possible to use several inputs at once? Do I need a mixer and, if so, are there mixers that take USB input and not just XLR? Sorry if this is the wrong forum or thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
drat, sounds like I hosed up then. I don't really have a way to return these since I had them brought in from the US (I live in Brazil). I just thought it'd be as simple as plugging all three in and assigning each to a track in a recording program. I'm trying to mix them together into one input with VAC but it's not working super well so far. If anyone has any tips on how to salvage this mistake I'd love to hear them.

edit: I did manage to mix two of them into a virtual cable on VAC which seems to work OK. It sucks that I can't get each mic to be a different track, but whatever. It should work with three as well, hopefully.

edit 2: turns out Asio4All is a remarkable piece of software, and I can now record with multiple mics on multiple tracks with relatively low latency and great sound quality on Adobe Audition. Guess I didn't gently caress up as much as I thought.

Greedish fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 3, 2014