Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I have the Homeworld Remastered Collectors' Edition, including the kickass Mothership statue. It has LEDs that light up via a USB plug. Is it safe to plug this into an Apple AC to USB adapter or similar, or do I run the risk of burning it out somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

My mom needs an articulating sit/stand desk mount with keyboard&mouse tray that can support a 27" monitor without breaking the bank. Wondering what's best quality. I would go for Ergotron but yeah, loving expensive.

In the same vein, wondering what the best USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 dock is for the Macbook Pro 15" Touch Bar: looking to pass through 4k60hz, power, and a keyboard, don't need anything else.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Can you still buy mini-ITX boards compatible with an i7-7770k? I'm eyeing a Dan A4 case, and am down to buy a new mobo, but would rather not buy a new CPU.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I badly need a USB-C dock that's both Windows and Mac compatible; supports 2 monitors, one of which is 4k60 (on Windows anyway, thanks Timb); and has power delivery (cross platform)? There are a lot of negative reviews for docks/hubs with this feature set. Is there any particular model or brand people here recommend? Thanks.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

A friend of mine is an aspiring pilot who can't afford a computer for MSFT and I'm thinking of giving it to her. I'd need to build something to replace it.

If I were poking around Facebook for parts, what's the sweet spot for a graphics card these days? I'm ideally looking to spend no more than about $850 on the whole build. I'm coming from a 1080ti and didn't feel a super strong need to upgrade, so I'm not expecting much.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

slidebite posted:

Actually, maybe consider buying her an Xbox and keeping your computer if you're generally happy with it? I understand MSFS runs on an XBox reasonably well, but I've never used one so I have zero clue how it works with the controller, but I'm pretty sure you're going to want some input accessories.
Thanks, I had no idea about this option and it seems like the way to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I'm genuinely curious, how come you have four PS3s/PS4s?