Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Can I use Silverstone cables with a Seasonic PSU?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So I have a SilverStone PS07W Case, and it has a ultra-bright blue LED whose light bleeds through the side vent of the case. Is there anyway to dim the LED? Alternatively, is there a reason why I can't just unplug the LED from the motherboard.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So when playing some games my computer restarts suddenly, as if due to a power surge. I've eliminated overheating by monitoring the temperatures of the parts, but is there any way for sure to make sure it's the power supply and not something else? Everything's under warranty, so as long as I can figure out what's faulty I can get a replacement.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Earl of Lavender posted:

The times that I've seen this, it was because the system was trying to pull more power than the power supply could handle. What's your graphics card, and what brand and model is your power supply?

MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card with a SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply .

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

wangvicous posted:

This might be stupid but make sure all your connections from the power supply to your graphics card/motherboard/CPU are connected.

It's not stupid at all, especially in that you might be right. It seems to start working again for a few days everytime I unplug stuff and plug it back in so maybe there's just something wrong with the cables or something's putting stress on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So I know that WD is the goto for internal drives, but are they also the goto for external drives? I'm frequently moving between a desktop, two laptops, and various lab computers, and need something I can just toss in my bag.