Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ximen
Aug 18, 2013
I've currently got 2x http://www.kingston.com/us/hyperx/memory/predator dual channel because I hosed up when I first bought them some time ago. Their total capacity should be 16GB, but only 7.96 GB Ram is usable. Can someone here help me?

CPU-Z info:
Memory
Type DDR3
Size 16 GBytes
Channel# Single

Motherboard
Model: 990FXA-UD5
Chipset: AMD RD9x0 Rev 02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ximen
Aug 18, 2013

Rexxed posted:

It could be a number of things, although if the memory's plugged in correctly you should have 16gb available. Do you have the memory in the correct slots? I notice it says it's running in single channel. The manual for that motherboard has an atrocious online version but you usually would put the ram in slots 2 and 4, or 1 and 3 (1 being closest to the CPU socket) to operate in dual channel. Have you reseated the RAM and tried it in different slots? Also, what voltages are you running at and what speed?

Thanks for the reply! Here's a paste with all the cpu-z info:
http://pastebin.com/QCEcLbpS

I've tried switching their slots to the extent that I can. And it doesen't yield other results than the current. Info on the voltage should be found within the paste :).

Ximen
Aug 18, 2013
Current build is a work over the years, switching out old and replacing new as I see fit :P I'll have a look at the pins after I've tested your tip about the voltage. Thanks :)!

EDIT: My current windows version is Home Premium, so I should have access to 16GB ram.

Ximen fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Nov 2, 2014