Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is there such a thing as a cheap, affordable IP KVM? I’m looking for a way to remotely access PC’s while they’re installing windows or Mac OS (so Remote Desktop software solutions are out of the question).

What I’m looking for is a KVM that has a web interface. All I need is a video feed, keyboard and mouse pass through and a way to switch between machines and to access all of that over the web.

Searching for IP KVM might not be the right thing because I’m seeing 32 port monsters that cost $2 grand that allow you to make the KVM-switch-to-PC wiring connection over Ethernet.

That’s not exactly what I’m looking for, all of the PCs I need to deal with can be right next to the KVM switch and won’t need to be extended over Ethernet.

As long as I can access those PC’s remotely over the internet, switch between them and get KB/M pass through, I’m good. I’m thinking 4 ports, 8 at the max.

Ideally something like DRAC would work, but I’m talking end-user machines that don’t have that tech.

Does something like that exist in the couple hundred dollar range? I need the Belkin of the ip kvm world, not the Cisco, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ugh the dreaded YouTube face. But thank you I’ll check that out.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Upon watching, that only takes one source in. If I want 4 sources, I have to buy 4 of them at $300 a crack.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh yeah I suppose if I go the diy route. I just went to their store and looked at the prebuilt model

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

But I couldn’t switch that kvm remotely on the web as far as I understand it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

E: wrong thread

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 15, 2024