Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
Where can I get a decent, cheap USB bluetooth adapter from for my desktop? I don't know what version bluetooth I want but it would just be for wireless mouse/keyboard so I imagine I'd be fine with at least 2.0?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."

MrMoo posted:

This device looks neat if a bit stupid, use your computer keyboard with a smart phone:

http://buffalo.jp/product/peripheral/wireless-adapter/bshsbt04bk/

Not exactly what I was looking for, I have a bluetooth keyboard that I already own that I'm trying to use to control my desktop from a distance.

I did see a bunch of >$10 dongles on Amazon but that seems a little expensive to me for such a basic product.

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
How do USB 3.0 to HDMI adapters work? Does it just install drivers or will there be a weird program running constantly in the background converting video to some weird USB format?

I was thinking of getting one as a way to add an additional HDMI output to my PC. I only have one HDMI out and a DisplayPort out and they're both being occupied. I thought a DisplayPort output could be split into multiple HDMI connections but I can't remember where I read that and nothing in Google supports it. (As in DP to 2x HDMI where each is treated like a different monitor)

StickFigs fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 30, 2016

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."

fishmech posted:

They are typically a a low-performance video card chipset that communicates to the PC over USB. Not usually usable for modern games, but more than enough power to play back video, browse most websites, or for another excel/word/chat window.

Thanks for the info, since I will be playing games with the connection it looks like it's a good thing I asked first!