Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

In terms of 7.1 gaming headsets, the Logitech G930 is number 1 on Amazon. Is that the one to get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Wow, that got technical really fast! So it sounds like for the same price I should be looking at a stereo gaming headset instead, or that there won't be much difference in it either way.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I hope this is the right place to post this, it's a long shot:

I bought this to use a wireless 360 controller with my Windows 8.1 laptop.

I installed it as per the instructions in the reviews, and it works, but it randomly disconnects my controller. Sometimes after half hour, sometimes every minute or two, and I have to sit there and wait for it to randomly connect again. It is so. ANNOYING.

It's plugged directly into a USB 2 port (no hub), I've turned my wireless mouse off, even tried turning wifi off. No dice. It's installed correctly, and no-one mentions this problem on the Amazon page. Could be defective?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I was hesitant to get it cos like you say it's fake, but it's got great reviews and no one else has the same problem. Also I couldn't find an official one. Balls.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

*Wrong thread! How embarrassing*