Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

It's plausible. What model is your current modem? DOCSIS version and number of downstream+upstream channels are the factors here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

It's still their property, and they could nail you for damage to company systems if you wipe it. I'm surprised they don't issue a remote freeze command to it.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

You might want to ask in the home networking thread, but for now - is this a personal VPN or a corporate/work VPN? If it's the latter, my first hunch is either DNS or split tunneling - but to be honest I haven't had to touch VPN for a while now. Might need to talk to your company IT about it.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The c920s comes with a lens cover for privacy, if that floats your boat. However, the c920 series doesn't swivel. The c615 is able to swivel.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Drama in the hardware thread

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is this bad, and can it be fixed? Monitor is out of warranty.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Eletriarnation posted:

Club3D's DP cables are high quality and VESA certified, though they do have the button locks as well.

If you don't like the button locks, I've had good experience with the AmazonBasics cables.

Seconding Amazon Basics, their DP cables don't have the lock.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yep.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

What's the difference between a 60w USB-C to USB-C cable, and one of the same wattage but labeled Thunderbolt 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Thanks, that's exactly my situation - I have a ThinkPad dock that is missing its cable. New ones are $40+ from Lenovo and even more on Amazon. I initially ordered the linked cable and wondered why it didn't do anything. Googled and found it needs to be a TB3 cable. I've since ordered a 100w TB4 cable, waiting for it to arrive.