Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Released!
Check Servers here: http://nba2k.com/status

Long Overdue, Ricky Rubio FINALLY gets his proper respect with a 2K cover.

PS4 Main Menu

2K sport's yearly NBA franchise makes it's 2015 debut with a host of changes. 2k14's 360/ps4 release was a mostly incremental update with new controls and a few new features that didn't make uch of a splash. The PS4/XBone version, however, was noteable for the large graphic upgrade and revamped myPlayer which added additional between-game content. However, these additions also came with a VC focus, requiring you to spend VC to make trades or other basic actions in myGM mode.

Cleveland VS LA Gameplay footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdkDqYQPhPk

2K15 has a number of cool features that hope to fix and flesh out some of the weaker areas of 2K14

myGM posted:

n 2K15, if you promise a player more minutes in a conversation and don’t deliver on it in subsequent game play, his morale will get worst and it will affect the actual chemistry of the team you’re running.

Also, owners now have changing expectations throughout the season depending on where the team is in the standings. If you start off as a rebuilding club and end up in a playoff spot at the trade deadline, your owner will loosen up the budget and provide you more money to spend in order to acquire a few more players.

Another area where things get more complicated is scouting. This year the developers are incorporating the element of noise into the process. This means you’ll be reading about mock drafts from the media and there will be social media rumors about certain players.

Beyond that, the game engine can now support a full season of simulated college results, which means you’ll have actual stats to help you scout players. Also, incoming rookies will fall under a bunch of different storylines. You’ll have your sure-fire number one picks, late bloomers, and players with huge potential, but also with injury concerns. Some players will end up overcoming the injury bug, or fall victim to it throughout their career. So, just like the real draft, a lot of things are out of your control as a general manager.

Lastly, there’s a much stronger emphasis on managing your players this year to help with their progression in the NBA. Depending on a certain player’s characteristics, you’ll have to manage his workout routine differently or risk upsetting him or even worse, increasing the probability of injuries.

Add all these factors up, and it’s pretty easy to see why MyGM mode might end up being the one thing everyone will talk about when they play NBA 2K15.

myLeague posted:

2K Sports yesterday announced a mode for NBA 2K15 called MyLeague exclusive to the Xbox One and PS4 versions. Per Steve Noah of Operation Sports, who broke the news, here are some of the things fans will be able to control and/or include in their My League experience:

Customized Rosters
Season length (14/29/58/82 games)
Play a single season or 80-year franchise
Postseason series lengths
Fantasy drafts
Salary cap (decide whether to have a cap or if there will be a hard cap)
Trade logic settings
General settings, including team chemistry, lineup management and prospect scouting
Difficulty settings
Trade negotiations difficulty
Contract negotiation difficulty
CPU re-signing aggressiveness
Morale difficulty and effects
Chemistry difficulty and effects
Trade frequency settings
Blockbuster-trade frequency
Injury effects
Draft-class quality (full customizing and editing of draft classes)
Full create-a-player option
Player-progression rate
In-season training effects
Player non-financial ambitions factor
Normalize play to simulate minutes
Manage or play with all teams
The biggest addition has to be the “Injuries 2.0″ system. Here’s what Jones and Boenisch had to say about it:

“With ‘Injuries 2.0’, every player has a unique durability rating for 16 different body parts (think left foot, right foot, left ankle, right ankle, etc.). This level of control allows us to pick a player like Russell Westbrook and say that he has a right knee with a significantly higher chance of getting injured than his left knee, or any other body part for that issue. In short, player injuries are going to be a lot more relevant, and a lot less random.”

Also of note, some of these features will transfer to the completely separate MyGM mode.

myPlayer

I don't know what is new here, but I heard there are new voices to choose from so that's enough.

myTeam posted:

New to 2K15, Tournaments has evolved into a new feature called Challenges. Challenges are mainly single player games that create different “what if…” scenarios. What if you had to take on the NBA’s fastest players or some of the league’s unsung heroes? Weekly single and multiplayer challenges will be added throughout the year revolving around NBA events. We also will be taking ideas from the community so your challenge could make it in the game.

Another feature we are excited to announce is that our game modes now work with a dynamic MyTEAM Point scoring system in game, meaning the better you play the more points you will earn.

Road to the Playoffs, Domination, and Play with Friends are all returning with new rewards and some changes to the way they play.

With the introduction of the auction house, we have shifted the packs to include a larger selection of cards to pull from and the cost per pack is lower so you can buy them more often. All of the standard packs have a chance at pulling a bronze, silver, or gold player so there is amazing suspense when opening packs. We do still plan to release some specialty packs, but they will be available at limited times only. The items that come out of packs are based on the odds of the pack so it’s entirely random. Overall, you should see fewer duplicates because of the larger selection of cards to pull from in each pack. Keep in mind, any duplicates you do pull can now be sold on the Auction House for a price you determine.

There has been a huge emphasis on community and content releases. You will see weekly updates from new packs, limited edition packs, new cards, new collections, weekly challenges, community challenges, throwback cards, biggest mover cards, and even some surprises. New Locker Code cards will be available and we’ve added a couple new gem colors so you can expect to see new versions of players with boosted attributes. We have focused our design on providing compelling and interesting content in the weeks to come.

This year we really focused on the feedback and how we could continue to build a community that brings people together. We tried to improve your first impressions by providing a tutorial, ramping game difficulty, and providing team building tools that show you the strengths of each player in the NBA. We also added some interesting ways to play basketball in Challenges and are looking forward to collaborating with everyone on new ideas. The introduction of the Auction House really puts the game in your hands so you can buy and sell exactly what you want. You can expect to see a lot of new content rolling out throughout the season. Last but not least, we wanted to announce that MyTEAM will also be available on PC. We are really excited for this evolution of MyTEAM to hit the shelves and are looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks.

Face Mapping! The NBA needs more Dorky White Guys making their 5'11 PGs with their own faces mapped on. (PS4/XBone only)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S0zH4Z57mY

Competitor NBA Live has already announced a delay, so we wish them the best of luck with their special little game.

Find a Goon:

SA Handle __________ PSN Name
Lockback: Lockback
The-American-Dream: king_tysy
IcePhoenix: DaDoviende
kddidit: kddidit
zelah: zelah
Mandrel: Mandrel71
Flou: fluoes
Holyshoot: tonic316
Reverse Centaur: leidend
D_I: Vermars
inSTAALed: NO_GRANDMA_NO

SA Handle __________ Steam Name
Steam
STEAM GROUP: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NBA2KGoons
Ishin: Ishin527

Lockback fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Is anyone planning on rolling the PC version? I will probably get that. The last one I got was 2K12.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Is new voices for MyPlayer confirmed? That's been overdue for loving years. That dorky white dev trying to sound ambiguously racial voice makes me mute the TV in embarrassment any time other people are around.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Libertine posted:

Is anyone planning on rolling the PC version? I will probably get that. The last one I got was 2K12.

I play the PC Version every year (don't own a last/current gen) so if this new PC game has the new engine it'd be a surprise for me.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Tae posted:

I play the PC Version every year (don't own a last/current gen) so if this new PC game has the new engine it'd be a surprise for me.

I think the PC version this year is gonna be on par with the current console gen ports. I played the Xbone version of 14 recently and it has so much stuff that the PC version doesn't it's ridiculous.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The PC is version is going to be the Xbone/PS4 version this year. Make sure you have a very good PC if you want to play it with console levels graphics

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

The PC is version is going to be the Xbone/PS4 version this year. Make sure you have a very good PC if you want to play it with console levels graphics

So does this mean I can't run it smooth on the lowest settings like the previous games? Because ugh.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

So does this mean I can't run it smooth on the lowest settings like the previous games? Because ugh.

The minimum specs have been posted on Steam, but I don't know what the game looks like on them

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo or better
Memory: 2 or more GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 10.1 compatible (512 MB) or better
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 50 or more GB available space
Sound Card: 9.0c compatible
Additional Notes: Keyboard or dual-analog gamepad

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i7 or better
Memory: 4 or more GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11.0 compatible (2 GB) or better
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 50 or more GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Additional Notes: Dual-analog gamepad

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Pretty excited to play this game a bunch. These games are way more fun than I ever expect them to be.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Tae posted:

Are you really annoyed that modern games have higher PC requirements?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Are you really annoyed that modern games have higher PC requirements?

Most games can still be run at the barest specs perfectly smooth, but whatever it's not like I have to pay for it (unless Amazontony's account runs out on me).

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Current Gen consoles don't have terribly beefy hardware. The recommended specs for 2k15 are just an 11.0 directX card, a 560 or 660 will probably play it pretty well.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Do they usually let you import your myPlayer from the last year? I'm not sure how much I want to go through the process of leveling him up again instead of just clowning on fools

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Adun posted:

Do they usually let you import your myPlayer from the last year? I'm not sure how much I want to go through the process of leveling him up again instead of just clowning on fools

Negative, and I didn't hear anyone talking about that feature.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It would be so hard to transfer characters because almost everything changes every year for whatever reason. One year you can increase shooting while moving, the next year you can't. Double tap the shoot button for the euro step, the next year nope!

Psychos on whoever keeps dramatically changing it :argh:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Tae posted:

It would be so hard to transfer characters because almost everything changes every year for whatever reason. One year you can increase shooting while moving, the next year you can't. Double tap the shoot button for the euro step, the next year nope!

Psychos on whoever keeps dramatically changing it :argh:

Yeah they've always been a mess, it's annoying having it described as a shot stick when you can't even do all the shots just using the stick.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Really excited to get my fat spergy PC fingers on the next gen version, the PC version has been getting neglected pretty horribly since 2k12, so us getting the ps4/xbone version is fantastic.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Adun posted:

I doubt they'll let you import but I hope at least this year it's gonna streamline the process of actually playing the game. Kind of ridiculous you're benched for the first two games complete with all the loading this entails and you only get to play your first game because of a scripted injury.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

MLB the Show JUST started a way to bring your Road To The Show guy this year, but that means this year's player can be imported into next years...you can't import anyone into this years. So 2K will likely make a big announcement about this feature when we have source-data. Though I think myPlayer might get kinda boring if you started it in the middle of a career. It's a lot harder to build out things that happen in the middle of your career vs starting everyone as a rookie.

What I'd like to see if different myPlayer paths. Like you select if you want to be a sure thing (picked #1-#8), Project (#9-20) or scrapper (20+). It'd be cool if you weren't always selected by the same handful of teams. Maybe the lower tiers would start with lesser stats but get bonuses to XP or something.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
There's a rumor that you might start out undrafted this year, or that there will be an option at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

hopterque posted:

There's a rumor that you might start out undrafted this year, or that there will be an option at least.

I kinda missed the option that once you got drafted, you play summer games to further determine if you make it to the team or not.

Undrafted at least gives you more options to start out on a non-lovely team, although this year's weird because being drafted 1st overall means Lebron James is your teammate :v:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Tae posted:

I kinda missed the option that once you got drafted, you play summer games to further determine if you make it to the team or not.

Undrafted at least gives you more options to start out on a non-lovely team, although this year's weird because being drafted 1st overall means Lebron James is your teammate :v:

You misspelled Ricky Rubio.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I am usually terrible at these games but god drat that myGM mode might sell the game for me, I've wanted an OOTP kind of game for basketball for ages and that seems pretty close.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On being drafted, i hated being drafted.by portland as a pg and having lillard on the team too. I wish theyd basically redo the draft after you get picked.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

This year's PS4/Xbone versions will support using the PS4 Camera/Kinect to map your face and put you in the game.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

What's the O/U on the percentage of dick faces? 60%? I may still take the over.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I mean it's cool and all but every other sports game has had this since forever

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Chris de Sperg posted:

Please list the ones that scanned your face and mapped it rather than plastering your face on a pre-existing model.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Chris de Sperg posted:

wtfmoses posted:

Please list the ones that scanned your face and mapped it rather than plastering your face on a pre-existing model.

Yeah, this is actually quite a bit different. Other games could do it since you character would have a helmet and hide the fact that it looks like poo poo. Actually mapping your face is unique.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
All (well, or most) of the EA sports games have it, including Fifa, where there aren't any helmets.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

UFC has a pretty accurate face thingie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cdiyppFN-k

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

wtfmoses posted:

As mentioned, EA has it via the EA Gameface system on a bunch of titles, and while the implementation of that in-game has varied in terms of quality (I believe that on old-gen Madden it is a straight texture-swap because lol Madden), nothing I saw in that video suggested to me that what they've done in 2K15 is significantly improved over that system in titles that use it properly. 2K has been a mile behind the field on face technology for a while now; that new stuff is a nice change, but it's not revolutionary by any means. Really, it's more amazing that a big-market sports game, covering THE most 'personal' sport (bar actual single-competitor sports), and having such a focus on MyPlayer, was still rolling out those loving awful faces and that 2005-level character customisation poo poo in 2013.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Chris de Sperg posted:

As mentioned, EA has it via the EA Gameface system on a bunch of titles, and while the implementation of that in-game has varied in terms of quality (I believe that on old-gen Madden it is a straight texture-swap because lol Madden), nothing I saw in that video suggested to me that what they've done in 2K15 is significantly improved over that system in titles that use it properly. 2K has been a mile behind the field on face technology for a while now; that new stuff is a nice change, but it's not revolutionary by any means. Really, it's more amazing that a big-market sports game, covering THE most 'personal' sport (bar actual single-competitor sports), and having such a focus on MyPlayer, was still rolling out those loving awful faces and that 2005-level character customisation poo poo in 2013.

To be fair "in 2013" they rolled out back to back releases of a sports game on two generations of consoles and had a decent amount of content in the next gen version whereas pretty much everyone else phoned it in and even EA poo poo the bed with NHL 15 a full year later. I am not fully understanding your complaints but I will concede that the next gen customization in 2k14 was fairly poor but I'm a realistic person with realistic expectations. Furthermore, chaining yourself to EA's AWFUL franchises and touting player customization as one of its redeeming qualities speaks volumes regarding the absolute pile of recycled poo poo EA peddles on a yearly basis. So really if we are talking about next gen and the fact that EA has a better face-map thing again shows that 2k was more focused on making a complete game to have as a launch title where EA got an extra year. But hey at least they are caught up now and can continue to absolutely crush EA in the basketball sports game business to the extent that can only release one poo poo game every 3-4 years or so. I think if 2k could get ahold of some licensing rights they could make a great product for other sports too.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
I think 2k15 is also going to take a big step back towards being a complete game that had as many features as last gen. If you compare 2k11/2k14 last gen to pretty much any other sports games in terms of presentation/features/animation/feel and think it's anything less than superior (and that's talking as a guy who purchased every NHL from 02-13) I don't know what to tell you. Unless basketball just isn't your sport I guess. I also haven't played FIFA so maybe I'm being ignorant of a good sports game on that end but jesus christ I'll never buy another NHL game again. I should also state I believe EA is the devil so I'm biased. VIDEO GAMES

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I know some people are too cool to be impressed, but here's a video of NBA's face mapping and it looks way ahead of other franchises. Subjective opinions and all that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S0zH4Z57mY

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Added a few things to the OP. I haven't spotted any good pre-order deals so I used up some Dell Coupons to get mine from there.

Added this video, pretty cool to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdkDqYQPhPk

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Ronnie2k looks like a fetal alcohol syndrome baby, Christ.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Ronnie2k looks like a fetal alcohol syndrome baby, Christ.

He's a tremendous fame whore.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Some news about myCareer. Sounds like they are crafting an actual story so to speak, which sounds pretty cool.

quote:

The end of this video provides some exciting insight into what players can expect when they boot up MyCareer for the first time. Gone are the days where the ridiculous Rookie Showcase, a game that literally doesn’t exist, determines a player’s draft position. Instead, players go completely undrafted, allowing them to essentially choose their own destination at a later date. Though this means that one’s rookie season doesn’t start until January, midway through the NBA season, it eliminates the most frustrating problem in past MyCareer modes. Generally, players will be drafted by a team that they don’t really want to spend countless hours playing for, though in fairness, I did love the hilarity of creating Andrew Wiggins in NBA 2K14 and having him play on the Timberwolves (since I’m a psychic, does anyone want next week’s lottery numbers?). MyCareer players will have to earn their way into the NBA by playing for 10-day contracts, much like real NBA outcasts do.

Also, you can apparently chase your agent around your living room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Sounds awesome, actually.

gently caress I can't wait for this to come out.

• Locked thread