Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I'm gonna buy it on PC, I don't necessarily trust 2K but the fact that they're bothering to move over stuff like MyTeam this year after the bullshit loving excuses beforehand ("we don't know how to make VC secure" bitch are you for real) makes me think that they, much like the branch of EA that develops the FIFA games back in ~2011, have realised that, while they're never going to touch console sales on the PC, there's enough of a potential market to justify the effort of porting it properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I cannot loving wait for this to come out, goddamn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHv9iLPqh_c

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/welcome-to-mypark/10152341150522267

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I watched the mentors trailer from the related videos and Durant seemed like the only player who was even trying to make it sound like normal conversation.

Has any more information on the GM mode come out? That's the kind of thing I could see losing myself in if it's done well enough.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

IcePhoenix posted:

I watched the mentors trailer from the related videos and Durant seemed like the only player who was even trying to make it sound like normal conversation.

Has any more information on the GM mode come out? That's the kind of thing I could see losing myself in if it's done well enough.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/759985/nba-2k15-mygm-to-distance-itself-from-vc-be-more-dynamic/

http://www.operationsports.com/news/754715/nba-2k15-myleague-interview/

Also, details on The Stage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmn1xVS7e6A

Wager matches

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 1, 2014

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I like how it says Ps4 exclusive when they actually mean "not coming out on other systems till novemeber 7th".

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I'm going to be out of town for five days starting the day after this comes out, so I'm gonna play the hell out of it on Tuesday.

Have they said whether or not you can have more than one MyPlayer? It really bugged me that if you wanted to make another player at a different position you had to use the same guy, even with a different save file.

Inside Outside fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 1, 2014

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
if ya'll got a ps4 and are buyin this game put yo PSN in this poo poo.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Chris de Sperg posted:

I'm gonna buy it on PC, I don't necessarily trust 2K but the fact that they're bothering to move over stuff like MyTeam this year after the bullshit loving excuses beforehand ("we don't know how to make VC secure" bitch are you for real) makes me think that they, much like the branch of EA that develops the FIFA games back in ~2011, have realised that, while they're never going to touch console sales on the PC, there's enough of a potential market to justify the effort of porting it properly.

Get a ps4 Chris!!

Edit: I'm not 100% sure but very likely getting it, if I'm getting it yet but if I do it will be on ps4. Will post psn if/when I do.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Gotta get some good PC goons together so we can dunk on pubbies in the park.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Steam preload is confirmed to start tomorrow, woo.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

5 days until I can play this game until I hate it and then play it some more for ~365 days

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think for once I won't complain about the controls because they already hit rock bottom for me as a button-only shooter. It can only go up.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

hopterque posted:

Steam preload is confirmed to start tomorrow, woo.

50GB required? Crazy. I hope GMG releases the code early because that'll take me at least a day to download.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ihatepants posted:

50GB required?

uh what, what the gently caress

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

uh what, what the gently caress

It was that large last year on ps4 and xbone.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Steam says 50gb hdd space required. I'd be surprised if the download is more than half that

E: fixed auto correct

Copper For Lyfe fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 3, 2014

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

GMG just sent me my Steam key. Looks like I won't have any problems with preloading.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Steam's space requirements are the size of the install + unpacking size + headroom. It'll probably be more like 20-30GB.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Preload just went up. Disk space required is 47.8GB and the download itself is 40.8GB.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

wtfmoses posted:

king_tysy

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

wtfmoses posted:

Started a list in the OP that I'll half-heartedly update

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

wtfmoses posted:

maybe you should post yours if you're gonna go asking for everyone else's :colbert:

Lockback my PSN is DaDoviende but I will probably be terrible at this game.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Pre-loading successful for steam, Ishin527 if anyone wants to add.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Updated people as we go.

New Gameplay trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxMcDQiw4gE

One thing I was worried about reading the updates was shooting was going to be easier since it's more based on release point than whether or not it's a good shot. This video makes me think that's a valid concern.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You can put down kddidit for PS4 goons. I'm also shamefully waiting for the stupid MYNBA2K trading card phone app.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

KDdidit posted:

You can put down kddidit for PS4 goons. I'm also shamefully waiting for the stupid MYNBA2K trading card phone app.

I wasted so much time on that. Is that coming back?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lockback posted:

I wasted so much time on that. Is that coming back?

Yeah there isn't a release date yet, but it should be soon. I think they already have the WWE2K card app out and the console game isn't out yet.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Lockback posted:

One thing I was worried about reading the updates was shooting was going to be easier since it's more based on release point than whether or not it's a good shot. This video makes me think that's a valid concern.

This is adjustable with sliders. It is a good thing for association for when random rookies have unintelligible release points.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

For those of you playing on PC/Steam, what affiliation or squad are you all planning on joining? Reports are that you can't team up with people that aren't in the same affiliation as you. We should get a Goon squad going.

For reference, these are the options:

My steam id is ihatepants.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ihatepants/

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 5, 2014

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Do yall ever do a draft league with like an 18 or 29 game season?

Figure it would be interesting enough.....

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

ihatepants posted:

For those of you playing on PC/Steam, what affiliation or squad are you all planning on joining? Reports are that you can't team up with people that aren't in the same affiliation as you. We should get a Goon squad going.

For reference, these are the options:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThlhSnRk21E

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Yuzenn posted:

Do yall ever do a draft league with like an 18 or 29 game season?

Figure it would be interesting enough.....

They are until someone starts off 0-5 and stalls/gives up

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'm picking this up on PS4, psn: zelah.

So hyped that I took Wednesday off in case the servers poo poo the bed again. Not sure if that was a 2K thing or a PS4 launch day thing though.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Just pre-ordered this. I thought it came out later than this week.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Yeah, this is what I'm gonna pick too.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I'm not sure why you'd pick anything else tbh

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
PC goons add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tubestank

Should we make a steam group?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Not a terrible idea.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

I made a Steam group.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NBA2KGoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

PSN: Mandrel71

ready to roll with the ruff ridaz

• Locked thread