Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I want the possibly to play a starter from the get go if I play like a god in my combine. Doesn't that happen in real life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Holyshoot posted:

I want the possibly to play a starter from the get go if I play like a god in my combine. Doesn't that happen in real life?

Pretty rare for a player to come out after being drafted and be a legit starting-level NBA player. Plus the game would be pretty boring if there is very little progression for your player.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lockback posted:

Pretty rare for a player to come out after being drafted and be a legit starting-level NBA player. Plus the game would be pretty boring if there is very little progression for your player.

It would be nice to have the option to skip all that on new playthroughs.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Lockback posted:

Ya looking back I guess it took Kobe and Jordan a year or so before they were playing 40 min games? I am not sure about Lebron as I didn't follow basketball that much during his early years.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Holyshoot posted:

Ya looking back I guess it took Kobe and Jordan a year or so before they were playing 40 min games? I am not sure about Lebron as I didn't follow basketball that much during his early years.

A lot of rookies who play lots of minutes are still not net positives on their teams. Usually they are inefficient scorers, or bad defenders, or turn it over a lot, etc. Some guys figure it out after a year, most take two or three. A couple guys have been good players right out of the gate, but its rare.

Here's the last 5 years. Some of those guys were good, but you start going down the list you see guys who were probably drags even if they had numbers.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...order_by=ts_pct

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
http://imgur.com/a/AKcrt

Will we actually get to play college ball or will it probably just sim us through it?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

Will we actually get to play college ball or will it probably just sim us through it?

More importantly, is that uniform/court/arena designer exclusive to MyTeam or can we use it for relocation in franchise mode?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I see that you can request trades after a while in MyCareer, but does the team ever trade you away on their own volition?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Is myTeam only on Xbox One?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Holyshoot posted:

Most of what they're representing are the same features in 2k15. Whats new is 3 way trades, a supposed expanded GM mode, an editable logo in MyTeam, a storyline written by Spike Lee, and supposed college ball. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. What 2k really needs is quicker loading times, better optimization on the PC, better bug fixing, and smarter AI. Also splitting the MyPark into 3 different parks is silly for the userbase on PC and should really just be one park.

For high school/college ball I think they might do a NCAA approach where you play in a high school tournament (the better you do the more highly you're recruited), then you play in a college tournament (the better you do the more highly you're interviewed). I'd be okay with that.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I don't think it's been mentioned but 2K has a license to include (only?) the following 11 schools in NBA 2k16:

Arizona
Arizona State
Connecticut
Georgetown
Kansas
Louisville
Michigan
Texas
UCLA
Villanova
Wisconsin

I assume that these are the schools that will be recruiting your MyPlayer when you are still in high school. I can't wait to make Jesus Shuttlesworth a UConn Husky in this Spike Lee Joint.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Zona is the only real option

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

Zona is the only real option

My goofy 6'11 SF will stick to Wisconsin, thank you

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Are we gonna get to play some games early on where we're dominant athletic freaks against high school children because holy poo poo that would be hilarious. It'd be like that thing lots of games do where you play an intro level or two with all the powers and guns before they get stripped of all their powers/equipment.

Here, completely dominate these high schoolers in the state finals and then go to college/the nba and get crushed by players that are older and bigger and better than you.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

ihatepants posted:

I can't wait to make Jesus Shuttlesworth a UConn Husky in this Spike Lee Joint.

:gizz:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
They just released a link to the soundtrack on twitter: https://play.spotify.com/user/-2k-/playlist/3R9svIhyXfazcYAhVJg2Ts

Already spotted my intro song of choice.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

hopterque posted:

Are we gonna get to play some games early on where we're dominant athletic freaks against high school children because holy poo poo that would be hilarious. It'd be like that thing lots of games do where you play an intro level or two with all the powers and guns before they get stripped of all their powers/equipment.

Here, completely dominate these high schoolers in the state finals and then go to college/the nba and get crushed by players that are older and bigger and better than you.

that would be really smart if they do that so chances are no b/c 2k are bad at making video games

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
2k sports makes good games :colbert:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Man, I really want one of those boomboxes

Metapod posted:

2k sports makes good games :colbert:

I knew I liked you :unsmith:

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

I just scored 55 points on 80% shooting. We were up by 20 and the starters were taken out of the game with 2 minutes left. As my guy sits on the bench the assistant coach walks up to him and screams TOO MANY TURNOVERS.

I had 3 man chill out.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

hopterque posted:

6'9", grey haired, Harden beard, tattoo'd up jacked SF laying out 15 year olds would be a fantastic start to the game.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'm going to be 'not just a shooter' at Michigan.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Pro-Am trailer just released:

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...ation-more.html

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Wow this looks loving awesome.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

So are we making a goon team?

Edit: I'm going to be a wing this year

Metapod fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 31, 2015

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
So, are we gonna put Rib Kid or Lowtax on our jerseys?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Also nba 2k15 is the only game I've tried so far that is actually broken on windows 10. None of the online features work, you can't connect at all.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Count Mippipopolous posted:

I just scored 55 points on 80% shooting. We were up by 20 and the starters were taken out of the game with 2 minutes left. As my guy sits on the bench the assistant coach walks up to him and screams TOO MANY TURNOVERS.

I had 3 man chill out.

I averaged 40 points a game with a ton of rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks, won the playoffs and probably the series MVP, and then immediately went to a cut scene where my agent was having trouble finding me a free agency deal because I didn't do enough last season.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Metapod posted:

So are we making a goon team?

Edit: I'm going to be a wing this year

PS4?

I'd play on PC but the playerbase is like 1/10th of the console base

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm getting it on PC ofc so I'll want in on having a goon team there, if some of the other handful of dudes who got 2k15 get it and online isn't loving busted in 2k16 (haha yeah right) it should still be rad.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Duggler posted:

PS4?

I'd play on PC but the playerbase is like 1/10th of the console base

Yes

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm surprised this game/series doesn't have cross platform play. There's no inherent advantage in either control scheme (and if anything, I'm willing to bet most PC players use a gamepad anyway).

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I might finally have to buy a PS4 for this...trying to play online on PC with 2k15 is awful.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Stevie Lee posted:

I might finally have to buy a PS4 for this...trying to play online on PC with 2k15 is awful.

Its awful on PS4 too if it makes you feel better, there is just more people playing it. I'm hoping that 2K really does something about the lag this time around

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

If that works it'll be pretty awesome. Custom logos and text seems like a bad idea though.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I've said it before but I really really really hope that custom team stuff is in franchise mode.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

That all looks really cool and means exactly nothing when it still plays like absolute garbage because 2K has sworn a blood pact to not upgrade their servers before the heat death of the universe

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Lockback posted:

If that works it'll be pretty awesome. Custom logos and text seems like a bad idea though.

I give it a week or two before they start censoring the poo poo out of it or just disable it all together.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Glumslinger please tell whoever had the idea to put curry chewing on his mouth guard in the game that I hate him/her tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iSqziKeJ9A

• Locked thread