Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

AE-35 Unit posted:

I cant imagine having that much money

like what do you even do with it

For reals

Like, how do you even store that much money goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

When you get that much money primal instinct takes over and you just KNOW what to do

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
finally we can have psychonauts 2

but probably not

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Notch gave money to triumph to finish age of wonders 3 and that games rad so hopeful he just sticks with dumping money on devs that know what they're doing.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Just give the money to Tim you nerd

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

xutech posted:

Notch was always clearly "sensitive" and it has shown over the years.

He absolutely hated being beholden to the community. I can sort of understand, in that it was a game he worked on and then got bored of, but everyone else discovered it and it ended up trapping him. He's the Susan Boyle of computer games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Minecraft is awesome OP.

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
somewhere in rural washington state the guy who makes dwarf fortress has completed his mail bomb and writes an address on the box with a red crayon. 'the spinning buckshot strikes the human in the head, shattering the skull, jamming the skull through the brain, and tearing the brain,' he explains to his cat. 'it explodes in gore.'

tupac holocron fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 15, 2014

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Axel Serenity posted:

For reals

Like, how do you even store that much money goddamn

scrooge mcduck money pool vault duh

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

brave nazi aviator posted:

somewhere in rural washington state the guy who makes dwarf fortress has completed his mail bomb and writes an address on the box with a red crayon. 'the spinning buckshot strikes the human in the head, shattering the skull, jamming the skull through the brain, and tearing the brain,' he explains to his cat. 'it explodes in gore.'

Dec 26, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
He "decided" that like 3 years ago OP.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

He "decided" that like 3 years ago OP.

whoa

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
ive got all the money now, cya nerds

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Hahahaha

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
ugh I can't take this imper fame

*retreats into literal golden fort*

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
For 2.5 billions I'd cash out too.

I can't wait for Minecraft 2, exclusive to the Xbone and Windows 8/9.

fakeedit: Why does Imp Zone have twice the viewers it usually has what did I miss?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Falsum posted:

For 2.5 billions I'd cash out too.

I can't wait for Minecraft 2, exclusive to the Xbone and Windows 8/9.

fakeedit: Why does Imp Zone have twice the viewers it usually has what did I miss?

Because your posts are on fire tonight matey! Rejoice!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Real Edit: Good lord! Thank you so much for the Imp Zone Gold!
Real Edit 2: Meant to say "Glorious and most Generous Benefactor"!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
notch you are a one hit wonder take the money and run away from videogames forever

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

so did whoever made infiniminer kill themselves yet or what

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
copies concept and execution from an existing game, never replaces terrible dev-art, has modders do half the work for him, then gets paid 2.5 billion.

AE-35 Unit posted:

I cant imagine having that much money

like what do you even do with it

buy up a shitload of lovely desert land, fill with mirrors, launch satellite, rule earth with heat death ray from space. Easy.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Sep 16, 2014

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
he can buy a hot wife now

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I didn't believe that people were actually upset with notch over this but I keep getting proven wrong

Jesus loving christ

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Widestancer posted:

I didn't believe that people were actually upset with notch over this but I keep getting proven wrong

Jesus loving christ

i just wanted to make fun of him for shits but then people started getting all serious and hardnosed about it

why can't we just have a good time making fun of a fat man who wears a fedora

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

People over in Games legitimately compared it to ruining the employees lives

When did Games become D&D

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
something something betrayal of the indie spirit something something

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Asking how many people are on public assistance in any given Games thread always leads to some interesting answers

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
well you're just an icky troll eh? i shall not be debating you any further about the concerns of notch. good day, goon sire.

honestly the games thread is funnier than notch selling minecraft now

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

sword_man.gif posted:

honestly the games thread is funnier than notch selling minecraft now

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I'm really curious what Microsoft is planning to do with Minecraft. I expect the purchase to backfire on them because the Minecraft playerbase is autismal and got really mad over dimension changes for the nether portal.

Also let's turn things up a notch and rent the MC thread.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Falsum posted:

Also let's turn things up a notch and rent the MC thread.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Falsum posted:

I'm really curious what Microsoft is planning to do with Minecraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

But I already see lovely foam 'diamond pickaxes' and the kids book area of my local Barnes and Nobel has like, an entire large display of Minecraft books (hey parents, if your kid buys 'a guide to using redstone' at a bookstore above any other child books, they have autism) and poo poo. I have a keychain with a lovely little block pig on it. They already merchandise the poo poo out of this game, which is what makes the "OH GOD MICROSOFT WILL TAKE OVER AND MAKE IT A COMMODITY" bullshit even funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
idk it depends really, microsoft could go full forza 5, change the codebase away from java without adding a modding api to kill off modding and then start adding lovely dlc so that i.e for $6.99 you add aluminum to worldgen or some poo poo like that

or they could realize that the game makes money as-is and mostly leave it alone

or they abandon it and exercise the name to make a minecraft 2 for $40 that's bone-exclusive

also since they bought mojang, not just minecraft, they could fart out some games and include "created by mojang, the guys who made minecraft!!" as a tagline

• Locked thread