Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

inSTAALed posted:

is 13th age supposed to be good?

probably the most tolerable fantasy d20 system if you absolutely must play fantasy d20

my friends are sorta resistant to non-3.5 fantasy stuff and even they liked 13th age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

known furry Scyther weighs in

scythers have exoskeletons not fur lamer scrub

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Grim posted:

to me a big part of D&D is that it has lovely rules so you can laugh at them / ignore them :shrug:

Lol.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Widestancer posted:

But this entire website is basically hipsterism in its distilled form
congrats on getting roughly half of this website to hate you

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Fellis posted:

probably the most tolerable fantasy d20 system if you absolutely must play fantasy d20

my friends are sorta resistant to non-3.5 fantasy stuff and even they liked 13th age

It's cool but my players are starting to chafe at missing all the drat time.

Dec 26, 2012

Nihnoz posted:

It's cool but my players are starting to chafe at missing all the drat time.

i highly recommend giving troops that lunk modifier in the diy monster section (-3 defenses, +40% hp) by default

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
I've got a post-apoc FATE game I did some prep for, I'm probably gonna switch to that once the players reach level 5 or so. Prep here means I just came up with some cool stats and aspects for settlements.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
the subtext here is that I'm not gonna run it because FATE is honestly pretty boring.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

Which half :eek:

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I greatly enjoy GURPS, unironically. Please discuss.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Mach2 posted:

I greatly enjoy GURPS, unironically. Please discuss.

I'm sorry, but it's not responding to medicine. We'll have to operate.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fallout was originally supposed to use GURPS instead of SPECIAL, correct?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think DW is pretty cool but I can see why it's not everyone's favorite system, honestly I'd say FATE and its assorted spinoffs were better for the story focused games if I absolutely had to pick one or the other. DW has a lot of good ideas but there are some parts of it that are hamstrung by wanting to stick to being like D&D.

Anyway that's my RPG opinion of the day thanks.

Dec 26, 2012

Widestancer posted:

Fallout was originally supposed to use GURPS instead of SPECIAL, correct?

yep, then it fell through at the last minute so you got the D&D array + luck

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Effectronica posted:

I'm sorry, but it's not responding to medicine. We'll have to operate.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the half that loathes "hipsters" because they think it means "person around my age that dresses differently and has all the sex that i don't have"

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

the half that loathes "hipsters" because they think it means "person around my age that dresses differently and has all the sex that i don't have"

Oh that's okay then gently caress those people

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

gently caress off hipster

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

What's wrong with being hip cool and with it as the kids say

I can't keep up with trad games

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Effectronica posted:

dungeon world isn't even the worst apocalypse world hack

Link. Sauce plz.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Nihnoz posted:

Link. Sauce plz.

i got two:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1227949612/tremulus-a-storytelling-game-of-lovecraftian-horro

https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2F881e931z1qdawdk%2FPlaybooks%2520PG%252013.pdf&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHUdIpTgvIlatG7_oGHZkKPraesTg]

but i just backedthe spirit of 77 kickstarter so...

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

yeah but it's the hipster half so who even cares

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
i don't like it, op

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
So is there an even storygamier fantasy ttrpg out there, with hopefully even looser combat mechanics? I guess I could always run something in FATE but last I heard the core set of it had a bunch of good ideas from its variants taken out because ???.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

ive created a new AW hack, its called 'bad posting world' and its pretty much this thread

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
i found another game even worse than tremulus, this thread, my posting, nihnoz's posting, or ferrinus:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1044009969/last-one-standing-your-guide-to-death-and-gloryp

24 basic moves, distinguishing between attacking and sneak attacking... this one's got it all baby

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Heavy Lobster posted:

So is there an even storygamier fantasy ttrpg out there, with hopefully even looser combat mechanics? I guess I could always run something in FATE but last I heard the core set of it had a bunch of good ideas from its variants taken out because ???.

there are some random indie 1 page games but eh

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Heavy Lobster posted:

the only loose thing here is your rear end in a top hat once im done with it

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Effectronica posted:

i found another game even worse than tremulus, this thread, my posting, nihnoz's posting, or ferrinus:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1044009969/last-one-standing-your-guide-to-death-and-gloryp

24 basic moves, distinguishing between attacking and sneak attacking... this one's got it all baby

hell yeah.

Dec 26, 2012

Effectronica posted:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Asimo posted:

yeah but it's the hipster half so who even cares
they're having sex and you're not

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

all rpgs are bad and have bad rules, hth

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ban

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I see that OP got banned for "being Plutonis"

What is wrong with Tradgames

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH

Widestancer posted:

I can't keep up with trad games

Lurking trad games has both made me want to play ttrps and also never ever play ttrps, ever.

Board games are neat, though.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Complexcalibur posted:

Lurking trad games has both made me want to play ttrps and also never ever play ttrps, ever.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Widestancer posted:

:shrug:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Widestancer posted:

it was a six-hour probation, which are traditionally given out for no reason at all

I mean I'm pretty sure he's actually been banned for "being plutonis", but not this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Complexcalibur posted:

playing ttrpgs is wildly less insufferable than watching people discuss ttrpgs in theory

• Locked thread