Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

HJB posted:

This isn't a replacement, the intention is that the local lads taking part benefit from the experience of the whole thing, working with some of the stars of the sport, and then they'll filter down into the national league, I guess helping the national team grow in the long run.

I don't really know how it'll work with contracts and things though, I mean these teams are separate from the national league, they're only active for a couple of months each year.
I imagine it'll be one-season contracts only for the imports, and either they'll formally loan the players from the ISL or just sign them on one-year deals too. ISL clubs won't want to give players multi-year deals anyway at this stage because the league could very easily go bust after one year (that's an offical Chris de Sperg Suggestion right there), and I don't think many I-League clubs are committing to long-term contracts either because that doesn't really happen at that level of play. FIFA regulations would stop the the sort of contracts you see in some sports where players sign with more than one league I think but in practice given the structure of both leagues it'd just be a matter of settling formalities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

This thread is disrespectful and I hope you're all ashamed.
No need to throw your poop out of your pram

• Locked thread