Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
This is depressing to me because there is a rich history of club football in India with some awesome narratives and rivalries and it's going to get drowned out next to this gaudy shitpile of a league. I can't wait for goals to be renamed DLF Maximums, saves to be renamed Tata Incredible Stops, and white cheerleaders from Eastern Europe to be flown in. Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

HJB posted:

It'll be interesting to see which way it all goes, so far it seems like they're really striving for Indian development over full-blown gimmickry, but if at half time in the opening game they trot out Janet Jackson I think you can dismiss that idea.

Then invest in the I-League! Invest in coaching and youth academies! This seems like the same song and dance that was trotted out when MLS teams were introduced to Canada, end result, the number of pro minutes played by Canadian players is way, way down in favor of foreign imports that can barely compete with the players richer US based teams buy.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

advanced statsman posted:

Atletico De Kolkata....
likhbe notun Rupkotha....
fatafati football
let's do some hottogoal

from tagore to this, bengali culture sure has come far

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
So is the I-league running concurrently to the Super League? How do the two fit together?

• Locked thread