Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

It looks like Zombie armor gives deathmarch with almost any combo, but you have to be able to get to 14.1 to buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Toshimo posted:

drat. If I'm reading that right, they all need a weapon. :saddowns:

It is my understanding that zomble (with an L not an I) gives death march with about 95% of most weapon and armor combos. The only time it doesn't is when it gives something else.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Shwqa posted:

It is my understanding that zomble (with an L not an I) gives death march with about 95% of most weapon and armor combos. The only time it doesn't is when it gives something else.

That's how the Zombie (with an I) Armor works. The Zomble (with an L) Pet doesn't always give deathmarch, and I don't see any combos that work with Dice specifically.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
It seems like it might be a balance thing. I just forced myself over the hump to get T2 weapon+armor and my dude is now an unstoppable juggernaut of carnage that literally takes 0 damage hits from most enemies. That + deathmarch would be too much.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
I ran with Long Sword (+9), DNA Suit and Blade all the way up to Devil and it almost feels like cheating. I don't know if the Poison does much but the incredible attack speed paired with Paralyze and high Spd makes mincemeat of everything before they have a chance to hit me.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Opal posted:

I ran with Long Sword (+9), DNA Suit and Blade all the way up to Devil and it almost feels like cheating. I don't know if the Poison does much but the incredible attack speed paired with Paralyze and high Spd makes mincemeat of everything before they have a chance to hit me.

This is by far the most powerful set I have used. Previously I couldn't reliably get to 12km but with this I got all the way to Lucifer. Even beat a couple bosses on the way on my first attempt.

update: beat LuciferX on my first try with this set, his HP just vanished.

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 2, 2014

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I prefer Icebird over Blade. Double Paralyze instead of Supermach. I two-finger tap as fast as Supermach anyway.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Found another one on Reddit: Scorpion (14.7) / Zombie (14.1) / Fallen (7.8) for Mach Hit, No Guard and Deathmarch. This one is ridiculous. You can switch out Fallen for Zomble (9.0) for Demondash instead of No Guard but with high speed there's no real point. I did ~2k base damage at lvl ~700 with my lvl 9 longsword but this one does 6,2k a hit un-upgraded.

Opal fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 2, 2014

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I've been rocking a Pistol/Cluck/Zomble combo for Deathmarch, Avoid Risk, and Unfair. I never miss. I've gone through three bosses with this combo.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Opal posted:

Found another one on Reddit: Scorpion (14.7) / Zombie (14.1) / Fallen (7.8) for Mach Hit, No Guard and Deathmarch. This one is ridiculous. You can switch out Fallen for Zomble (9.0) for Demondash instead of No Guard but with high speed there's no real point. I did ~2k base damage at lvl ~700 with my lvl 9 longsword but this one does 6,2k a hit un-upgraded.

How much power do you have?

Opal
May 10, 2005

Aredna posted:

How much power do you have?

My stats are 1018 power, 1849 speed and 429 luck for about ~6700 dmg per hit.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

I prefer Icebird over Blade. Double Paralyze instead of Supermach. I two-finger tap as fast as Supermach anyway.

Me too, but after 14km I'd rather just hold on the screen than keep tapping.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

nexus6 posted:

This is by far the most powerful set I have used. Previously I couldn't reliably get to 12km but with this I got all the way to Lucifer. Even beat a couple bosses on the way on my first attempt.

update: beat LuciferX on my first try with this set, his HP just vanished.

This with Snake instead of Longsword works well too, brought me through LuciferX without a problem.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Opal posted:

Once you replace that armor with Priest that combo becomes even more amazing. That was my grinding gear, with Scissors/Invcloak/Berserker to kill bosses after Snakewip/DNASuit/Mr.Germs wasn't cutting it any more.

Unrelated, I'm not getting dialy chests any more. I guess 3 rull heals + 3 revives is the limit?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Potsticker posted:

Unrelated, I'm not getting dialy chests any more. I guess 3 rull heals + 3 revives is the limit?

Correct. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Opal
May 10, 2005

Potsticker posted:

Once you replace that armor with Priest that combo becomes even more amazing. That was my grinding gear, with Scissors/Invcloak/Berserker to kill bosses after Snakewip/DNASuit/Mr.Germs wasn't cutting it any more.

Cool, I'll check that out! I'll be up to 15 pretty soon (been grinding money to buy up all the weapons and armour for a while).

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Stealing more good combos from reddit, try mimic, pirate, longswd. This gives treaup30 x2 and a treaup20. And the result is more chests than the numbers would suggest. I'd say I'm averaging one every 3 or 4 screens, and sometimes streaks of several in a row. I almost feel like this obsoletes grinding for gold, because it's quicker to just get all the loot handed to you directly instead of saving up for it.

Opal
May 10, 2005

I wish Mimic would drop for me :(

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I think I need more HP. 104 VIT isn't doing so great past 11km.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Opal posted:

I wish Mimic would drop for me :(

I wasn't able to get either Mimic or Oreslime with a Discovery combo. (Dice/Queenly/P.Shroom) After a couple of days of light, boring play I went back to farming xp and killing new bosses.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I'm only missing three total pets: Mimic and OreKing plus Dossboss (gently caress that guy.) I've been using Lexicon/Monk/Wisp for Discovery/TreasureUp20/ExpUp20, but it still won't drop. :argh:

I'm level ~8600 and I only put 1000 into Vitality with my Speed/Power build. Nothing but Dossboss can consistently hit me, and that's enough vitality to survive a single hit from most things. I just kept adding 100 points to Vit as progressed through the game and hit a new area where I was getting one-shotted by random poo poo.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

Stealing more good combos from reddit, try mimic, pirate, longswd. This gives treaup30 x2 and a treaup20. And the result is more chests than the numbers would suggest. I'd say I'm averaging one every 3 or 4 screens, and sometimes streaks of several in a row. I almost feel like this obsoletes grinding for gold, because it's quicker to just get all the loot handed to you directly instead of saving up for it.

Dang that combo is awesome. In two test runs where I died about 15km I got about 20ish pet upgrades, 10ish armor upgrades, 15ish weapon upgrades, 3 new weapons, and about 2000 gold from chest.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Is there a similar, shittier version that doesn't require a mimic?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

At what point should I transition from the leaf/club set? I'm nearing 400 power and 600 speed and can get to about 5.5km

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Potsticker posted:

Is there a similar, shittier version that doesn't require a mimic?

The next best that I see is Longsword/Pirate/Lamia. It only gives TreaUp30/Treaup20, and it doesn't seem to give a substantial amount more treasure after some quick testing. I'm not a Mimic-haver though, so I can't really compare.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Thanks!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

some redditor dude posted:

I've tested the TreaUp50 and TreaUp80 and have come to the same conclusion as you did, namely that the extra TreaUp30 does a lot more than just 30% more drops.
After going 4.7 km:
popsicle/swinder/bdragon (TreaUp30+TreaUp20+Lucky) gave me 0 treasure chests
longswd/pirate/mimic (TreaUp30+TreaUp30+TreaUp20) gave me 16 chests o.O
The increase appears to be of at the very least an order of magnitude...
(I have about 4000 luck)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Longsword/Pirate/Lamia got me 2 chests by the time I was around 15km, which seemed pretty good, but as soon as I switched to a power combo to finish out the space to a 20km store, and on to the 25.3k boss, I got two more. To be fair those second two were just pets I hadn't gotten yet.

Toshimo posted:

I think I need more HP. 104 VIT isn't doing so great past 11km.

600 VIT lasted me into the 20s. I'm at 25.3km now and bumped my VIT up to 800, probably going to take it all the way to 1k soon.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Potsticker posted:

Longsword/Pirate/Lamia got me 2 chests by the time I was around 15km, which seemed pretty good, but as soon as I switched to a power combo to finish out the space to a 20km store, and on to the 25.3k boss, I got two more. To be fair those second two were just pets I hadn't gotten yet.

600 VIT lasted me into the 20s. I'm at 25.3km now and bumped my VIT up to 800, probably going to take it all the way to 1k soon.

Counterpoint, I'm at 32.9 with 400 vit. And I really don't need even that much, if you could respec I'd take it down to 1. Speed is just such a better stat all around, and 10,000 vit still isn't going to let you tank a hit from king or dossboss.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

BobTheJanitor posted:

Counterpoint, I'm at 32.9 with 400 vit. And I really don't need even that much, if you could respec I'd take it down to 1. Speed is just such a better stat all around, and 10,000 vit still isn't going to let you tank a hit from king or dossboss.

I'm just trying to round all my stats to the nearest 1k these days is all. Everything that can hurts me one-shots me anyway, I just like all the numbers to look uniform.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Potsticker posted:

I'm just trying to round all my stats to the nearest 1k these days is all. Everything that can hurts me one-shots me anyway, I just like all the numbers to look uniform.

You would not like my stats, then....

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Toshimo posted:

You would not like my stats, then....

:stonklol:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I just finally got a Mimic and it is totally broken. You go from getting one or two chests in a 30km run to getting one every third screen or so with Longsword/Pirate/Mimic.

I also cheesed Dossboss at level ~9160 with Bouquet/Trunks/PokeKing which gives Unfair (Double accuracy) and Paralyze. I burned all three of my revives, but I killed the bastard. The only item/pet I don't have is OreKing.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Does anybody not go through the tunnel? It might be confirmation bias but I feel like enemies down there seem to have a better chance of hitting me. It just takes so long to get anywhere on the surface.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

nexus6 posted:

Does anybody not go through the tunnel? It might be confirmation bias but I feel like enemies down there seem to have a better chance of hitting me. It just takes so long to get anywhere on the surface.

Tunnel enemies have a chance to be Brutal. (The skull icon)

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

ASK ME HOW FAR LEBRON'S DICK CAN FIT INSIDE MY MOUTH

nexus6 posted:

It takes forever to go anywhere in the tunnel too. They really need to add a skip option.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm using it to farm Gold right now.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Occasionally you will find a suit that seems so OP it's like cheating -- don't worry.
It's not uncommon to 1-shot every mob for 100 (or whatever) maps, while taking 0 damage, and then the next area boss kills you in 2 hits. later on it's all about elemental strengths/weakness for bosses, and using gimmicks suits to even get to a boss.

Tunnel enemies can be Brutal like an above poster said. Brutal mobs are super hard to dodge, so it's best to just use the tunnel up until the point where you start taking significant damage. There is a skill that makes it so brutal enemies don't spawn.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 5, 2014

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Baldbeard posted:

Occasionally you will find a suit that seems so OP it's like cheating -- don't worry.
It's not uncommon to 1-shot every mob for 100 (or whatever) maps, while taking 0 damage, and then the next area boss kills you in 2 hits. later on it's all about elemental strengths/weakness for bosses, and using gimmicks suits to even get to a boss.

Tunnel enemies can be Brutal like an above poster said. Brutal mobs are super hard to dodge, so it's best to just use the tunnel up until the point where you start taking significant damage. There is a skill that makes it so brutal enemies don't spawn.

Yes, the Cluck suit gives you Avoid Risk. I got lucky and got one from a treasure spawn in the starting castle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opal
May 10, 2005

So today I discovered that a Mimic dropped for me after all at some unknown point. Time to grind treasure!

• Locked thread