Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I'm using Hose-Penguin-Megaslug to get Recovery 5 so I can take the boss out in a few rounds at level 279. Hose was a random pickup from a treasure run, but I'm sure you could find things to replace Hose and Megaslug. The important bit is being able to survive his attacks, Penguin does that nicely. I'm taking two hits with 204 Vit/1020 HP.

Fake edit: Or I suppose you could go nuts on Speed for avoidance, but it seems like you need to be close to all-in for that work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Thiefswd/Ninja/Zomble might be better with Demondash and Deathmarch letting you clear your AFK runs faster, even though you don't double your gold. It's also ready to go as soon as you find a Zomble.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Double Paralyze almost certainly works better than single, I've been using it with Bow/DNASuit/G.Shroom and I get attacked less than the single version.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Paralyze also helps, although that's more a general strategy for most bosses.

Edit: If you're at Octoblue, you have access to the Shogun/Zaplance and DNASuit/Longsword or Bow combos to get a single paralyze.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 25, 2014

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Zhent posted:

For just starting out, like 1-2km, should I just run until I die, then rinse/repeat? I have bought everythign in the first two stores, but don't have the gold for anything in the third. I have club/dragon armor/muddy at the moment, guard10/pow20.

Yeah, grinding is an inevitably in this game. Make runs, get a treasure room eventually, hopefully that drops an item that'll slingshot you ahead of the curve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Higher level monsters drop more gold on average, they're better to grind if you don't get killed while doing it.

• Locked thread