Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Awesome! Lets answers some common questions.

How viable is a Int build?

Int damage scales with the level of the weapon, not its power. So your stuck with fire rod being the highest damage you can do all game. And it caps a 1.9*int damage. A str build is doing the same damage with a 9 power weapon. So it is not really viable.

How viable is a luck build?

Chance damage does anywhere from 1 damage to your max luck damage. That means it averages out to luck/2. That is worse than an Int build.

How viable is a vit build?

It is possible. Vit raises your hp and defense so with enough you can survive anything. However there are problems with this build. Vit does not raise accuracy like speed does so you will still need a lot of speed to be able to hit things. Vit also doesn't protect from magic damage, so you will need a lot of Int. Int does raise accuracy by int/2 so that does help the build. Overall it just quicker and easier to pump speed and dodge most hits, never miss, and have some vit to survive a hit or two.

How viable is a speed build?

Speed is king in this game. Very quickly bosses will be able to one shot you quite easily. Around the 15km+ mark you will start finding enemies with a skull next to their name. These enemies deal 2k+ damage a hit. Being able to dodge hits becomes the best way to survive. Speed also raises accuracy with a 1:1 ratio. You will need more than 10,000 accuracy to be able to hit the last boss. Put some stats into power to be able to kill quickly and luck to get treasure, but speed should be your primary stat.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Potsticker posted:

I'm sitting at level 936 with a max distance of 17.2km at the moment. The brutal enemies that show up around 16km are tearing me up and it's kind of a pain to get back when I die.

Has anyone gotten chests in the Tunnel? I've been skipping using it because as far as I've experienced, chests never drop there and I don't want to miss out on getting pets I don't have yet.

I'm at level 1353 with a max distance of 18.1km. Yeah those enemies with a skull near their name are mean. I might put some stats in int just to survive enemies with magic damage,

And I have gotten chest in the tunnel but not during training.

Edit: I almost beat the my current boss dumbo. There is literally no more of his health left, just one more hit would have killed him :negative:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 16, 2014

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Good stuff, but I've got another one for you!

How viable is a spd build?

I'm starting to think that this might be the "true path," Getting 3x SPDUP30's from the CLEAVER/INCLOAK/SIRSLIME seems to be pretty awesome. The downside for me right now is that I have a POW of 200 so it takes a million clicks to kill anything, so I'm levelling with a one-hit-kill setup in the sub 16km regions.

Yeah a speed/ power build is the best build with some luck in there. I'm doing scissors/ incloak / berseker for arm twister (power adds to evade), spdup30, no guard (lower defense to 0 but doubles your damage). With 1.5k power I'm currently dealing 14k damage a hit.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Thanks both of you on my Tunnel question!

I wonder if I can just continue pumping SPD, then (Current: 1400) because doing 14k damage isn't an issue right now even with my INT build, it's surviving taking a hit. Though, getting a SPDUP30 to play nice with my ELEMUP30 and SPELL will be the real challenge.

I got 1.5k pow and 3.5k speed. And what is your int to deal 14k each hit?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

I'm at level 1800ish now, max distance currently showing 18.1 and my pow is at 3000ish and spd at 4000ish. Although I haven't really tried to make a useful build lately, I've just been leaving my deathmarch/golddigger combo on and respawning myself at the start every time I die and gathering enough gold to buy out all the weapons and armor in the latest shops. Then I just switch to the exp farmer/deathmarch build and autorun through the training tunnels until I get leveled up enough to move over another few screens. One the one hand, I keep advancing. On the other hand, I'm not exactly playing the game any more.

If you are feeling really min maxy you can do a demon march build and put some nail clippers on the right side of the screen. Basically it's death march without using up a pet slot.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Gegil posted:

I went back into some older shops and *2 level equipment showed up. Is that related to distance traveled or levels gained or do I need to use the base equipment to level up the opportunity to buy better ones?

I believe you can upgrade old weapon to the next level when you find a new weapon shop.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SmockJoc posted:

Uh, so does this game have an actual end at some point?

The last boss is dosboss but you can continue playing after that.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

:hellyeah: I took down dumbo. I'm now more than half way through the bosses. I think I might need to put more points into vit because just random mobs hitting me is what stops me. There is just so many of them that will roll a d20 soon or later.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah that is the boss killing combo I used. A truck full of trucks is a pretty good description.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I posted this in the Android thread, but let's try here!

I made it to the octopus boss (underwater area around 5.8k), and he one-shots me. I have over a thousand health, and I'm using WoodSwd-Kendo-Beetle for ultra-fast auto attacks. It was on that Google Doc and I'm really digging it, just melts anything else I've come across. Except the octopus. I can take out about 1/8 of his health before he just zaps me. Any tips? What gear should I use? I have a few thousand coins from just trudging through the tunnels over and over.

You attack as fast as you can tap the screen. So super Mach is great for mindless getting to the boss, but not great for bosses. You would prefer combos that either make your dodge more, make you hit harder, and/or paralyze the the boss.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SilverMike posted:

I'm using Hose-Penguin-Megaslug to get Recovery 5 so I can take the boss out in a few rounds at level 279. Hose was a random pickup from a treasure run, but I'm sure you could find things to replace Hose and Megaslug. The important bit is being able to survive his attacks, Penguin does that nicely. I'm taking two hits with 204 Vit/1020 HP.

Fake edit: Or I suppose you could go nuts on Speed for avoidance, but it seems like you need to be close to all-in for that work?

You can check out my first post on build questions but you either need to be all in for speed or all in for vit, int, and be much higher level.

You need a lot of accuracy to hit the end game boss. Speed gives 1:1 ratio for evade and accuracy. Int gives a 1:2 ratio for accuracy. Though you can use the unfair ability which doubles your accuracy.

There is no impossible builds but you might need to grind longer.

Edit: people have beaten the game at "low" levels with perfectly balanced stats.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 17, 2014

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

I recently got the afro armor, allowing the afro / bouquet / zomble combo for deathmarch, exp farmer, expup20 and I'm wondering if anyone has found anything similar for gold, or if the thief / bouquet / zomble set for deathmarch and golddigger is the pinnacle of afk gold farming. Some of these later shops are ridiculously pricy when you still only make 10 to 20 gold per kill.

Edit: I guess bouquet / thief / mimic and resting a metal object on the screen is the best way to do it. That gives golddigger, goldup 30 and treaup 30 for an extra bonus. Just hard to find an object around my work desk that has a metal bit and balances on my phone very well. :v:

I found a spoon works really well to balance on a phone.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Time for a boss strategy guide (can't believe I'm doing this). This applies to all bosses but it not as necessary early game.

Step 1) Don't use Mach or super Mach. Tapping the screen quickly will have you attacking just as quickly.

Step 2) Be able to have a decent chance of dodging hits or tanking a few hits. Spd30/ arm twister/ scapegoat/ guts/ big guard/ magi wall/ wall are all useful for this. If you can tank a hit you can hang back and lets your health regen, boss will not gain their health back over time. However they will get full health back if you leave the map.

Step 3) Find a build that lowers the amount of hits you have to dodge/tank. This can be done with pow30+/paralyze/no guard and focusing on their weakness if you can.

Step 4) Tap like crazy and hope for the best! I would save item for the last 2-3 bosses.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 17, 2014

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Don't be afraid to step back and heal, if the boss gets a lucky hit in, and drops your HP to red, or if one hit drops you under 1/2 HP.

Just walk left, leave the app, and come back after ~5 minutes.

Oh yeah that is good. I added that in. I wonder how long poison last and if you could just let a boss die? Also is there any build that give big guard and wall/ magi wall?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Does double paralyze help at all? My boss killer combo has been Snakewip/Dnasuit/Mr.Germs which gives paralyze twice plus poison and I'm wondering if it's really necessary or not. As far as I've seen it completely stunlocks bosses at least through LuciferX.

I don't know but I think so. Every other skill stacks so I don't see why paralyze wouldn't.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hook / thief / genie/mimic is the first gold combo I came across.

Gold is based off luck and enemies level but no one knows the exact formula.

Edit: I don't think move and evade are the same thing. Move is the speed of which your character moves across the map and it is effected by armor and weapon. I think evade is simply 1:1 ratio of speed plus any abilities that add to it. But no know ones for sure.

Edit2: I actually have 3k hp and I like it. I can survive a hit from a 18km+ skulled monster.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 17, 2014

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

Depends how much you have. It might be worth putting a couple hundred in there so you can survive a random hit, although it might be more effective in that case to use a pet that gives you scapegoat, which kills the pet when you would die, or guts, which makes a deadly hit take you down to 1 hp instead (although presumably with some kind of internal cooldown so it doesn't just make you immortal, but the mechanics are never well explained). That would give you an extra hit too. Pumping vit still isn't going to do much past a certain point, because they're always going to be able to one shot you anyway. I got my HP up to 1800 before I realized how useless it was, and that seems to allow me to take one random hit, and that's it. Anything more and I'm toast. The latest awesome combo I've been using is scissors / invcloak / berserker which gives you armtwister (power increases dodge), no guard (lowers defense, increases damage), and spdup30. It hits like a truck full of trucks, dodges almost everything, but of course one hit and you're dead.

You gotta try the scissors / vampcape / berserker combo. No guard plus bide is crazy good for normal enemies. With 1.5k pow I'm one shot anything with 30k hp or less. I got training floor 384 with the build, which is where I finally couldn't one shot enemies.

Vampcape is at the 8.1 shop incase you don't got it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man I had a great run with no guard / bide and switching to double paralyze for bosses. I beat 2 bosses in one run and was a few screens away from the next one.

Edit: double paralyze is so bad against normal monster. The 23.2km boss is like 15 screens away from the nearest house. :argh:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 18, 2014

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I figured out why my snake whip/ DNA suit combo kept dying around 23km. The enemies have more speed than me; they got about 4300. Turns out since I was one shorting all the enemies I never notice they leveled up so much :v:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Seriously try the scissors / vampcape / berseker combo. I got up to training floor 384 with similar stats. One shooting everything means not having to dodge their attacks. Too bad boss will laugh at that combo.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kin posted:

So, how much luck should i have before reasonably expecting a Zomble to drop.

I can get to the area now but killing loads has given me nothing. My Luck is currently 300.

I'm using the Woodswd/Kendo/P.Shroom combo for supermach and was thinking of dumping everything into power now until i can oneshot everything up to the next boss.

I think i'm close to finding some shops that give me the gear for better exp/gold builds, but a lot of the combos i've read about online include the Zomble so i thought it best to go for that first.

A real life spoon on the right side of your phone is the exact same thing as zomble. I prefer the spoon method because there are much better combos with other pets. For example gold digger with gold30 is better than gold digger with death march.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kin posted:

Is there a way to get significantly more gold?

I've got the popsicle/ribbon/zomble combo equipped which is good, but i seem to only get maybe 10k by letting it run from the starting point to about the 15k mark (800G/m).

The prices of things just seem to jump up a hell of a lot higher though so there's no way that gold rate will do for getting everything in a timely fashion.

Price evens out at 20k for the most expensive stuff while gold has no cap. Gold formula is somehow tied to your luck and the enemy's level. I get a few thousand gold on my normal runs now.

My gold build is bouquet / thief / mimic with a spoon or quarter on the screen.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I like putting point in vit because I want tank at least one hit from random monsters but it would take quite a vit and int heavy build to be able to tank bosses. It possible but it just takes a lot of grinding and big defense (reduce damage by 50%) suuuuucks to play. Big defense lowers your move to the slowest it can be, so it takes forever to make across the screen. To make matters worse you still need a ton of accuracy to hit bosses and pow to lower the amount of time you need to be tanking. While int gives int/2 accuracy it likely won't be enough.

So a vit build needs a lot of (in order of importance):
Vit
Int
Power
Speed

A speed build needs:
Speed
Power

So the speed build allows you to power through the game at a faster rate in terms of both how few levels you need and you speed at which you move. And because you got more stats to throw around it is easier to find time to build up your luck for more money and chest.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kin posted:

So what's the maximum distance you can go? I'm looking at the wiki and it says the shops more or less stop at at 21.3km.

I'm up to 18.3km at the minute, so i take it i've seen the majority of items and should start focusing on upgrading the gear i've got equipped now?

Yeah I found all the shop with items but shops keep showing up so you can upgrade everything to *9

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

gently caress yeah I killed Frankie! I have stuck on that douche for like a week.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Congrats!

I haven't been playing too much this week, just trolling around with a discovery set and not getting anything but pity levels so far.

Yeah I was been basically doing the same, but work was slow today and I wanted him dead.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Potsticker posted:

What level are you up to now?

Level 1902
Pow 2098
Spd 5301
Vit 834
Int 111
Luck 1160

I haven't touch the game since I beat Frankie.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, Devil is OHKing me, too. Using Longswd/DNASuit/Icebird for Paralyze/Paralyze/Poison. Level 437.

I just got a G. Shroom, so I guess I need to grab the Bow.

Are you tapping the screen to attack?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

I don't understand this game. I beat the first boss but now it seems like I just cannot make any progress. Normal monsters two hit me...

Either pump your speed so they don't hit you. Or pump vit and some int so you can tank more hits.

Speed makes more sense so most people go that route.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Alright I finally got a witch pet. Now bolt cane / cyborg / witch is my double paralyze boss killing set up.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Toshimo posted:

drat. If I'm reading that right, they all need a weapon. :saddowns:

It is my understanding that zomble (with an L not an I) gives death march with about 95% of most weapon and armor combos. The only time it doesn't is when it gives something else.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

Stealing more good combos from reddit, try mimic, pirate, longswd. This gives treaup30 x2 and a treaup20. And the result is more chests than the numbers would suggest. I'd say I'm averaging one every 3 or 4 screens, and sometimes streaks of several in a row. I almost feel like this obsoletes grinding for gold, because it's quicker to just get all the loot handed to you directly instead of saving up for it.

Dang that combo is awesome. In two test runs where I died about 15km I got about 20ish pet upgrades, 10ish armor upgrades, 15ish weapon upgrades, 3 new weapons, and about 2000 gold from chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

some redditor dude posted:

I've tested the TreaUp50 and TreaUp80 and have come to the same conclusion as you did, namely that the extra TreaUp30 does a lot more than just 30% more drops.
After going 4.7 km:
popsicle/swinder/bdragon (TreaUp30+TreaUp20+Lucky) gave me 0 treasure chests
longswd/pirate/mimic (TreaUp30+TreaUp30+TreaUp20) gave me 16 chests o.O
The increase appears to be of at the very least an order of magnitude...
(I have about 4000 luck)

• Locked thread