Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
What luck are you guys at to get all of these bonuses/abilities at? I've just beaten the octopus boss but I've only managed to get a handful of pets and have bought most of the weapons so far (not bought any 2* weapons yet though). The Halbred seems to be the best thing i'm using so far in regards to a weapon, but i'm not sure if i'm doing the math wrong on damage output. It certainly seems to be the best damage for weight ratio but maybe i should be switching to something else that does less damage but weighs next to nothing if speed and avoiding damage is key.

So far i've been applying stats like follows for each level:

Pow: 1
Spd: 2
Vit: 1
Luck: 1

So i'm fairly evenly spread and i have an HP of 500 just now but if it ends up being pointless i might start putting that stat into Pow instead.

Basically, i'm starting to get a bit lost. If speed is key should i be looking to wear the lightest armor and pick the lightest weapons whilst using the pets to give me some kind of bonus.

Also, where do i find the exp/gold bonuses? Prices are starting to get a little high and i'm only getting 1-2g per kill just now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So, how much luck should i have before reasonably expecting a Zomble to drop.

I can get to the area now but killing loads has given me nothing. My Luck is currently 300.

I'm using the Woodswd/Kendo/P.Shroom combo for supermach and was thinking of dumping everything into power now until i can oneshot everything up to the next boss.

I think i'm close to finding some shops that give me the gear for better exp/gold builds, but a lot of the combos i've read about online include the Zomble so i thought it best to go for that first.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

BobTheJanitor posted:

By semi afk running alternating xp and gold farming, I have apparently managed to buy all the armor and weapons now. Although I could keep getting upgraded versions as nothing is maxed out yet. I decided it was time to start pet farming so I got out a discovery set and put my trusty metal object on the screen, and a few minutes later glanced over to see that I'd just nabbed an oreslime. Apparently that's ridiculously rare, at least if the moaning on the reddit page is right. So, hooray.

Do higher * versions of items lead to better bonuses or is it basically just higher def/atk values?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Finally got Zomble earlier today and it's a whole different game now.

Being able to just passively play makes it much more enjoyable.

I also just unlocked the training room and i think i'm now at the point where the game just blows wide open right?

I've got gear equipped that doubles my exp and gives me a ton of levels when running through the training room and i've got a gold setup i've not tried yet (Golddice/Pirate/Griffon) that should give me a ton of gold to buy stuff once i level up enough to one shot my way through most of the mobs (i can two shot my way through everything up to 12k at the minute).

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Is there a way to get significantly more gold?

I've got the popsicle/ribbon/zomble combo equipped which is good, but i seem to only get maybe 10k by letting it run from the starting point to about the 15k mark (800G/m).

The prices of things just seem to jump up a hell of a lot higher though so there's no way that gold rate will do for getting everything in a timely fashion.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Opal posted:

So I'm completely stuck on Cannibis. He kills me in two hits before I've even got a fifth of his health down. What gives?

I'm lvl 63, using longsword, hero armour and a slime. 77 power, 61 speed, 66 vitality, 62 intelligence and 59 luck.

Add more speed.

Basically, that's the answer to almost all bosses. Get your speed up to 200 and you'll probably beat him (i cant remember the number i had).

Later on you get access to gear that can essentially stunlock bosses, but it still comes down to speed to avoid even getting hit by them.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So what's the maximum distance you can go? I'm looking at the wiki and it says the shops more or less stop at at 21.3km.

I'm up to 18.3km at the minute, so i take it i've seen the majority of items and should start focusing on upgrading the gear i've got equipped now?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Shwqa posted:

Yeah I found all the shop with items but shops keep showing up so you can upgrade everything to *9

So is there just nothing in the shops after 22km then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I've been letting the game grind away in the training room for the past week on and off.

I'm currently at level 2700 with:
Pow: 6445
Spd: 5500
Vit: 520
Luk: 1000

I've got a zomble EXP setup equipped an i think i'm just gonna keep letting it grind until i get 10000 in Pow and Speed and then let it try it's luck at the main path.

Presumably that should be enough to take it up to the last boss (and maybe beat it). Then i can just grind for money and buy all the gear.

edit: i'm not even bothering to put my stats in that often anymore either. It runs automatically for about 5 minutes in the training room without getting killed and i just do that for half an hour then plop the 1000 or so ability points into one of the stats.

I just watch TV or something and let it do it's thing.

Zomble really is a game changer.

Kin fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 26, 2014

• Locked thread