Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

~*~ MINUTE QUEST ~*~

Come play this dumb game!
:roboluv:On the Play Store :roboluv:
:pranke:Also for iOS I guess?:pranke:

:siren:A Googledoc Spreadsheet with a bunch of info:siren:
:reddit:There's a subreddit to steal info from:reddit:

So what is it?

MinuteQuest is a retro-styled, one-finger, time-killing RPG!
A 2D field where the only choice is to advance or die!
Kill fearsome enemies, crush immense bosses, level up, acquire riches, and collect ridiculous equipment whilst gradually advancing along the world towards your goal!
If you've got a bit of pesky time to kill, why not try it out?
Kill slime, kill time!

Gimmie the pro strats!
  • You attack as fast as you tap. MACHHIT and SUPERMACH only speed up the autoattack from holding your finger down.
  • FURY weapons scale off the level of the weapon and not the power. So a ★9 weapon with FURY 9 will do more damage than a ★2 weapon with FURY 24.
  • Pets drop randomly from mobs, so to get a specific pet grind out that mob!
  • Toilet Castles "Propose" will select pets to suggest for you. The usefulness of this button is questionable
  • You can swap out all equipment at Rest Houses and Toilet Castles, but only your weapon at Weapon Shops and only armor at Armor Shops
  • Weapon/Armor/Pet combos are the focus of mid to late game strategies.
  • ZOMBLE (with an L) is a pet that grants DEATHMARCH to most combos, which moves you automatically without having to tap.
  • Outside the starting castle, sometimes a treasure chest will appear with a Full Heal or a Revive.
  • Check back at the starting castle from time to time. An option "Treasure" will be a levelled dungeon with a guaranteed chest at the end. (Contents not guaranteed to be useful)

:siren:Shwqa answers some important questions like three posts down so go read those:siren:

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I'm sitting at level 936 with a max distance of 17.2km at the moment. The brutal enemies that show up around 16km are tearing me up and it's kind of a pain to get back when I die.

Has anyone gotten chests in the Tunnel? I've been skipping using it because as far as I've experienced, chests never drop there and I don't want to miss out on getting pets I don't have yet.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Shwqa posted:

Awesome! Lets answers some common questions.

Good stuff, but I've got another one for you!

How viable is a spd build?

I'm starting to think that this might be the "true path," Getting 3x SPDUP30's from the CLEAVER/INCLOAK/SIRSLIME seems to be pretty awesome. The downside for me right now is that I have a POW of 200 so it takes a million clicks to kill anything, so I'm levelling with a one-hit-kill setup in the sub 16km regions.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Thanks both of you on my Tunnel question!

Shwqa posted:

Yeah a speed/ power build is the best build with some luck in there. I'm doing scissors/ incloak / berseker for arm twister (power adds to evade), spdup30, no guard (lower defense to 0 but doubles your damage). With 1.5k power I'm currently dealing 14k damage a hit.

I wonder if I can just continue pumping SPD, then (Current: 1400) because doing 14k damage isn't an issue right now even with my INT build, it's surviving taking a hit. Though, getting a SPDUP30 to play nice with my ELEMUP30 and SPELL will be the real challenge.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Shwqa posted:

I got 1.5k pow and 3.5k speed. And what is your int to deal 14k each hit?

1.6k INT with a ★9 weapon and SPELL, so it's not every hit, but not much I run into survives past that. Even the Brutal enemies only get one attack in on me, but two of those are all it takes to rob me of my 3k hp.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Aredna posted:

In the Android thread someone was talking about waiting for 20 or so levels before allocating points.

That was me. I do that instead of using the autolevel because I like the feeling of manually spending points, but doing it every level feels tedious for the small impact five stat points has.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Jorath posted:

What does getting higher levels of luk based items do?

Does chance stack? I think it might, but sure to the random nature it's tough to be certain.

What combination gives you double chance?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

BobTheJanitor posted:

The latest awesome combo I've been using is scissors / invcloak / berserker which gives you armtwister (power increases dodge), no guard (lowers defense, increases damage), and spdup30. It hits like a truck full of trucks, dodges almost everything, but of course one hit and you're dead.

I've been trying this out, and even going from 200 to 400 POW I can see the potential here. It's still more economical for me to go back and forth between 15-16km to grind out levels with my INT kit, but I've been pushing into 17km and up like a mad tapper trying it out and being rather impressed.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

m.hache posted:

When can you get those items/pets? I'm stuck using a club/leaf for the armtwister combo currently and want an upgrade.

Scissors isn't until the shop at 17.1km, which is the furthest piece.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Does double paralyze help at all? My boss killer combo has been Snakewip/Dnasuit/Mr.Germs which gives paralyze twice plus poison and I'm wondering if it's really necessary or not. As far as I've seen it completely stunlocks bosses at least through LuciferX.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

BrightGreenLine posted:

How fast is too fast? Gotta go faster!

How high does your MOV get with three SPDUP30s?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Shwqa posted:

You gotta try the scissors / vampcape / berserker combo. No guard plus bide is crazy good for normal enemies. With 1.5k pow I'm one shot anything with 30k hp or less. I got training floor 384 with the build, which is where I finally couldn't one shot enemies.

Vampcape is at the 8.1 shop incase you don't got it.

Wow, even with only 600 POW this combo was still one-shotting things all the way into 17km.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

BobTheJanitor posted:

Bide is nice but its one-less-hit effect doesn't really help with bosses. I mean even if it does have some effect, one less hit out of 30 or 40 hits isn't much to write home about. I guess if you wanted to, you could use the vampcape up to the last house/toilet and then swap to the invcloak right before the boss so you trade bide for armtwister for the extra dodge chance.

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I did before, especially around the Lucifer/LuciferX sections. Have one combo get me to the area with as little threat as possible, then switch to my boss killing combo and hopefully it gets me through the minions. With Paralyze/Paralyze/Poison the bosses were no threat, but regular monsters aren't nearly as phased by it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Deep Winter posted:

Scorpion, priest, fallen is the same thing but also with PowerUp30. Crunch some numbers to see which is better with scorpion's lower base damage.

This combo is pretty great and I'm using it to farm the 18.1 & Castle areas until I think about giving Dumbo a shot. POW is at 1400 now, but I started using it around the 1k mark.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Gegil posted:

So, I'm constantly running out of gold to buy / upgrade my equipments and stuck with what I can collect at 15.4k. I'm currently farming with Gold Dice / Lord Robe / Gold Knight but how much Luck do I need for the cash to really start to roll in?

At 800 LUK and without any gold farming gear the meter shows around 500 gold/minute for me.

EDIT: With that combo I'm pulling in 790 golld/minute.

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 18, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Phenotype posted:

I'm at level 55 or so, with only the Slime and Hellhare as pets available, and I have no idea what I'm doing. Best run so far was with a Stick, Fabulous armor, and the Hellhare, which gives me 2 SpeedUp skills. How do I find more pets? What are the Training Grounds?

Pets randomly drop from enemies, so if you want a certain pet, grind that enemy and the Training grounds open up at the starter castle after I think the third boss gets defeated.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Pudding Huxtable posted:

Quite possibly the best supermach combo. Normally I can reach up to Lvl 200 in the training halls but this set just keeps going
:psyduck:

Hey Farthole, it would be cool to see your stat distribution as well!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

What training level did you make it to? I got to 328 earlier with this setup:

EDIT: Made it to 341, stopping at 1800 POW and going back to levelling SPD.

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 19, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Tequila posted:

Does luck have diminishing returns at around 1000? A lot of screenshots I've seen don't take it beyond that.

I was at 800 LUK for a long time and at the area I'm at I noticed minimal difference between 800 and 1k. I only rose it that high because of seeing others' screenshots.

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 19, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

★9 is the cap for weapons and armor. I would guess pets too, but all I've seen is up to ★3.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The thread title is a goddamn lie.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

bowmore posted:

Best combo you can get under 8kms?

Dunno about best, especially since at that level I was using FIRE ROD/PIGTAILS/WIGHT with my Totally Pro INT build (Don't build for INT)

Bow/DNASuit/G.Shroom at 7.3, replace with SNAKEWIP and MR.GERMS by 9.9 gives the boss killing PARALYSE(x2) and POISON

Leek/Leaf/Cannibis gives Mach Hit, POWUP20 and SPDUP20 which would probably be good for grinding

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kin posted:

I think i'm close to finding some shops that give me the gear for better exp/gold builds, but a lot of the combos i've read about online include the Zomble so i thought it best to go for that first.

Zomble is only good for AFK farming, and the best combos require having pets that give synergistic skills. Basically what I'm saying is if you're bored of trying to farm one, it's not so necessary that you've got to have one right away. Just like the mach skills can be replicated by tapping, deathmarch can be replicated by holding down your thumb. Even though I got a Zomble relatively quickly, having a helpful pet was way more important to me to farm the highest level areas I could, so I switched it out pretty quickly.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

I think this a once-a-day bonus sort of thing.

Even though the background is otherwise static, I like how the sky changes depending on the time of day you're playing.

Also:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Do TreaUp skills help with spawning an oreslime or mimic?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kin posted:

So is there just nothing in the shops after 22km then?

All filled with stuff you can buy earlier.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Opal posted:

On a related note, how does the auto level feature work?

If it matters at all, I've noticed the auto leveller revert back to previous settings a couple of times.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

nexus6 posted:

This game is like crack.

Are pets dropped by enemies? For example, If I wanted a bat pet would I have to grind loads of bats? If so I guess the drop chance must be pretty low because I feel like I've killed loads.

That's exactly how pets work except for normal bosses who always drop as a pet on the first kill.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

nexus6 posted:

Cool. Does anything affect the chance of finding a pet? I've gone up 50 levels since I last got one.

There's a skill that increases chance of treasure I think, but I've never used it and just relied on LUK to fill out my pet list. Once you start pumping that the first pets from enemies should drop after a little bit of grinding.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Shwqa posted:

gently caress yeah I killed Frankie! I have stuck on that douche for like a week.

Congrats!

I haven't been playing too much this week, just trolling around with a discovery set and not getting anything but pity levels so far.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Shwqa posted:

Yeah I was been basically doing the same, but work was slow today and I wanted him dead.

What level are you up to now?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Shwqa posted:

Level 1902
Pow 2098
Spd 5301
Vit 834
Int 111
Luck 1160

I haven't touch the game since I beat Frankie.

Oh wow, my stats are pretty close. Maybe I should push forward a bit. I got to level 2000 the other day, but I'm still working off that 1600 INT I had built up.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Potsticker posted:

Oh wow, my stats are pretty close. Maybe I should push forward a bit. I got to level 2000 the other day, but I'm still working off that 1600 INT I had built up.

Blasted through both Peaches and Franky. 27k STR and 41k SPD. Died a couple of screens away to a brutal Luminos. I'm kind of dissapointed in how many recycled enemies are out here. With all the pet slots left I would've figured there was still more variations to go, but I guess they're all snuggled into the dungeon areas.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Zhent posted:

Struggling with the Bost at 9.5km. I can get there no problem, but he 1-shots me every time. Just need more speed, or is there some combination that works well for him?

The bosses don't seem to actually need that different of strategies from each other. Mostly it's just making sure you've got the stats and combo to deal with them. Around 9.5k I think I was still using the Snakewip/DNASiuit/Mr.Germs combo-- Nope! Just checked it out and Snakewip is at 9.9, so that was before I discovered how terrible itemization was on INT so I was using FireRod/Pigtails/Wight.

Looking at the spreadsheet you should be able to get Bow/DNASuit/G.Shroom combo, and then switch over to Snakewip/Mr.Germs at 9.9. Remember that these two combos are dedicated Boss-killers and don't do that well against normal minions. Good luck!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

nexus6 posted:

Does death march only work in game? I was grinding zombles for ages thinking I could do some off screen grinding.

No off-screen / sleep mode play. The app has to be active for stuff to happen.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Opal posted:

Stupid question probably but is it worthwhile to upgrade weapons? I can't really find any stats on them.

Weapons seem like the most worthwhile thing to upgrade over armor or pets! Though, depending on your money situation, buying a newer weapon might be better than upgrading an old one.

Unless you're using FURY weapons in which case just upgrade the FIRE ROD all the way! :toot:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Bandire posted:

I just got to Dossboss at about level 6150. He has five million hitpoints and 100k speed. :eyepop: This might take a while.

:negative:

4000+ levels to go.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

nexus6 posted:

Is there a difference between sets that give the same skill? For example, if I can pick between two sets that give the same three skills will one be better than the other?

The equipment stats will be different. For example for the Paralyse/Paralyse/Poison set you're going to want whatever the best equipment is because the damage you do is still important and that's determined by your weapon's stats.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Unfortunately, not. It seems to be keyed to specific weapons.

If I were you (and not on my phone) I'd do a ctrl+f on the spreadsheet tab for armor+pet pairs for Deathmarch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Toshimo posted:

drat. If I'm reading that right, they all need a weapon. :saddowns:

You might just be better off finding something you can set on your touchscteen, then. :(

The carabiner clip on my keyring worked for me.

• Locked thread