Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks should stop using the strategy that wins them a ridiculous amount of games and a superbowl, Imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Hey let's hope the Colts come out mad next game and throw all over the place.

They play the Jags.

If they lose that, they have no excuse.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

How are we still responding to Jim Harbaugh and Lord Waffle Beard?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Seahawks should stop using the strategy that wins them a ridiculous amount of games and a superbowl, Imo

Seahawks should stop using strategy that allows them to be steamrolled yes I agree

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

conditions change bruh bruh

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Intruder posted:

Seahawks should stop using strategy that allows them to be steamrolled yes I agree

I do not.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

I feel super bad for the Jaguars, they were already going to get stomped but now the Colts are going to be so mad

Well look at it this way, it's a step closer to them starting Bortles.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Maybe they could have a variety of strategies for a variety of situations.

Crazy, I know.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well there's a chance they might start Bortles next week so hope you're ready for 0-3

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Russell Wilson should throw the ball more and farther and better

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Intruder posted:

The Seahawks hadn't lost by more than 8 points in 46 games, and certainly didn't get steamrolled by the Chargers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Maybe they could have a variety of strategies for a variety of situations.

Crazy, I know.

The Seahawks have a good strategy for beating the Broncos, therefor they don't need to adjust it

(this is actually probably true)

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Quaraterbacks Aren't The Best, though.

It's a team effort

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Mike Tanier's Monday Morning Hangover is loving crazy this week.

He wrote a eulogy for RG3 and suggests we'll see him on the all-time bust list. I think he'll still have success in this league. Just, not with the Redskins.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bengals/Titans is going to be a shitshow of a game but you're going to see some cool runnings.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Intruder posted:

Hmmm yeah I went and did the math on this and it turns out you're wrong and they should keep getting steamrolled.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Volkerball posted:

He throws it far and good, and just the right amount

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Niners are going to be losing to Drew Stanton only to have John Abraham accidentally return a Kaepernick pick the wrong direction because...

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

This isn't Goldilocks. This is the NFL. And in the NFL, you grab that bowl of scalding hot porridge, shove it down your throat, and ask for seconds. Wilson has NEVER eaten the hot porridge, and until he does, he will never be elite.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Volkerball posted:

This isn't Goldilocks. This is the NFL. And in the NFL, you grab that bowl of scalding hot porridge, shove it down your throat, and ask for seconds. Wilson has NEVER eaten the hot porridge, and until he does, he will never be elite.

Kaepernick tastes the hot porridge, immediately does 3 pass plays in goal territory, Ravens win the Super Bowl

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Agreed, reverent Hank Hill

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

I mean in that situation it was absolutely a bad idea. But I don't think it is as simple as you're making it out to be.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

It's worth noting that it took unrepeatable fumble luck to lose to the Chargers by what was really 6 points. In other words the Seahawks are still good and football is a weird small sample size game

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
something something out of bounds

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
News: The undefeated teams in the NFL are:

Broncos
Bengals
Panthers
Cardinals :stare:
Texans :psyduck:
Bills :vince:
Eagles :woop:

Views: This season is hilarious and amazing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why is the Texans being undeafeted a surprise? We played Washington and Oakland

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

It's worth noting that it took unrepeatable fumble luck to lose to the Chargers by what was really 6 points. In other words the Seahawks are still good and football is a weird small sample size game

They also got gifted seven points, and had 3 or 4 drives to try and take the lead, but couldn't cross the 50.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Percy Harvin stepped out of bounds tho

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I'm trying to explain sample size and statistics to my Niners-fan friend right now, but he just keeps going "well homefield advantage doesn't exist because the Browns keep losing at home". That is actually a pretty drat accurate paraphrase of what he said and I kid you not I'm not exaggerating for effect.

Some people just don't get stats. :negative:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Intruder posted:

Why is the Texans being undeafeted a surprise? We played Washington and Oakland

Something something proof that the Era of the Quarterback is dead something something.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Something something proof that the Era of the Quarterback is dead something something.

Fitzpatrick would have to try very hard to be worse than Schaub was last year, so the team is improved at QB

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
The Seahawks were likely to score 7 points even if Harvin was called back to the 15 yard line or whatever

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

The Seahawks were likely to score 7 points even if Harvin was called back to the 15 yard line or whatever

i disagree they were likely to fumble :)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Go Bengals.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

I'm trying to explain sample size and statistics to my Niners-fan friend right now, but he just keeps going "well homefield advantage doesn't exist because the Browns keep losing at home". That is actually a pretty drat accurate paraphrase of what he said and I kid you not I'm not exaggerating for effect.

You should explain the Eagles to him so his argument is better.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Holy poo poo the Seahawks win, we argue about the Seahawks. The Seahawks lose, we argue about the Seahawks.

Just contract the Seahawks.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

Percy Harvin stepped out of bounds tho

gonna determine the probability of being given a gift touchdown and report my findings to aaron schatz

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This is what we get for romanticizing a Seahawks win over noted playoff choker Peyton Manning

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

But they really shouldnt be starting Bortles yet :sigh:

Intruder posted:

Well there's a chance they might start Bortles next week so hope you're ready for 0-3

I love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
I recall some talking head going on about how a rule change made the running game more viable, but I do not remember any specifics, anyone know what he was talking about or is it just me making up false memories?

• Locked thread