Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Intruder posted:

Why is the Texans being undeafeted a surprise? We played Washington and Oakland

A win's a win. Plus, the Texans had a terrible season last year so I don't think many people had them starting the season undefeated.

I mean I might be wrong, but then I didn't really look at anyone's schedule prior to the season starting other than the Eagles'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

axeil posted:

A win's a win. Plus the Texans had a terrible season last year so I don't think many people had them starting the season undefeated.
The Eagles started 2-0 in 2012, sooooooo

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

The Eagles started 2-0 in 2012, sooooooo

Well poo poo.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

Percy Harvin stepped out of bounds tho

What I'm saying is this is another way football is a weird small sample size game

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Holy poo poo the Seahawks win, we argue about the Seahawks. The Seahawks lose, we argue about the Seahawks.

Just contract the Seahawks.

Yeah, LWB actually found a way to make me feel upset when the Seahawks inevitably win the Super Bowl again this season

TFF giveth and TFF taketh away

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Guys instead of the Seahawks let's talk about: coach's challenges on penalties.

A good idea or a bad idea?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Seattle Seahawk Defense is the leagues worst defense on 3rd down, with a 55% conversion rate

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

What I'm saying is this is another way football is a weird small sample size game

I think the Chargers won because it was destiny

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

axeil posted:

The Texans had a terrible season last year so I don't think many people had them starting the season undefeated.

I mean I might be wrong, but then I didn't really look at anyone's schedule prior to the season starting other than the Eagles'

Yeah, but if you would've broken their schedule up differently, and went through and said "Ok, the Texans will win 5 games, who will they beat?" The Raiders and Kikes would've been on that list. Those two being week 1 and 2 don't really say much. But they loving crushed the Raiders goddamn.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

axeil posted:

Guys instead of the Seahawks let's talk about : coach's challenges on penalties.

A good idea or a bad idea?

Terrible idea because the difference between the being a flag or no flag on a given play depends on where the refs look. There's holding every single play by some side.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Blitz7x posted:

The Seattle Seahawk Defense is the leagues worst defense on 3rd down, getting stops only 55% of the time

The Seahawks only choose to be terrible because it is their strategy to do so, they are in fact The Perfect NFL Team

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Terrible idea because the difference between the being a flag or no flag on a given play depends on where the refs look. There's holding every single play by some side.

What about plays that are pretty easy to see like 12 men on the field, encroachment, etc?

This came up in detail from the MNF talking heads in the post-game. Ray Lewis was arguing for reviewing the holding non-call on the Eagles which is pretty :lol: but another one of them pointed out you could review the horsecollar and see it wasn't really a horsecollar.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Two greatest teams of all time: Seahawks and Sounders. I am gay.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ostentatious posted:

The Seahawks only choose to be terrible because it is their strategy to do so, they are in fact The Perfect NFL Team

*twirls mustache* losing to SD was all part of the plan

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

If it was included as part of the normal challenge process, the effect on the duration of the game would be marginal and many of the most egregious errors in the refereeing of the game would likely be rectified. My only question would be if a non-penalty could be reviewed and subsequently penalized.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

axeil posted:

What about plays that are pretty easy to see like 12 men on the field

I'm pretty sure you can review 12 men at least. Partially because Bill Cowher shoved a photo down a ref's shirt at halftime back in the day and made the rules committee talk about it after the season.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Yes you can review 12 men because it's not a judgement call and you can literally count them

The NFL has drawn a line in the sand about reviewing judgement calls

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

I think the Chargers won because it was destiny

actually they just wanted it more

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I'd like to present without comment that the Bengals have not allowed a turnover, not allowed a sack, Andy Dalton leads the league in YPA, and the team has allowed a grand total of 26 points across two games

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The horsecollar should be reviewed because that's not a judgement call. The guy either grabs inside the collar or not. The defensive holding/DPI I would say can't be reviewed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd like to present without comment that the Bengals have not allowed a turnover, not allowed a sack, Andy Dalton leads the league in YPA, and the team has allowed a grand total of 26 points across two games

They'll be 4-3 after week 8

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
In the most important news of the 1st day of Week 3: Eagles Linebacker Mychael Kendricks should be okay. Our long national nightmare of Starting Linebacker: Casey Matthews is over.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/9/16/6163837/mychal-kendricks-injury-calf-spasm-update-eagles

Bleedin' Green Nation posted:

Philadelphia Eagles inside linebacker Mychal Kendricks is expected to be OK despite leaving the team's Monday Night Football game against the Indianapolis Colts. Kendricks left the game late in the third quarter with a calf injury and did not return. Eagles backup linebacker Casey Matthews had to fill in for Kendricks and the results weren't pretty.

Following the game, Kendricks told reporters in the locker room that he only suffered a calf spasm and he expects to be fine.

Geoff Mosher of CSN Philly reports that Kendricks looked fine walking around the locker room.

It appears Philadelphia dodged a bullet here. The Eagles are already thin at outside linebacker because top backup Najee Goode suffered a season-ending pectoral injury in Week 1 against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Goode was placed on injured reserve last week.

The Eagles reportedly worked out some free agent linebackers last week. The team might continue to keep their eyes open on available options just in case.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm sorry your scrub teams will bounce immediately in the playoffs after looking like poo poo during flukey early-season wins while the 17-1 Ravens meet the 17-1 Seahawks in the Super Bowl

I'm not sorry

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

They'll be 4-3 after week 8

Patriots and Colts games definitely favor the Bengals, the Panthers game is a little bit more questionable. But football is a weird game and that's why we watch

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm sorry your scrub teams will bounce immediately in the playoffs after looking like poo poo during flukey early-season wins while the 17-1 Ravens meet the 17-1 Seahawks in the Super Bowl

I'm not sorry

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Patriots and Colts games definitely favor the Bengals, the Panthers game is a little bit more questionable. But football is a weird game and that's why we watch

My 2-0 team on the other hand is going to win every game

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
N: Seahawks chat

V: They basically play the same base defense no matter what the offense does, talent is the difference of why this strategy often is successful at winning football games.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I look forward to Cam Newton vs. Ginger Cam Newton

nobody's get this will they

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Spoeank posted:

Niners are going to be losing to Drew Stanton only to have John Abraham accidentally return a Kaepernick pick the wrong direction because...

Hmm. This is good stuff. Avatar worthy even.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ramadu posted:

Your avatar text could be "I'm just bird brained! :downs:"

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
N: I'm finally home

V: I'm now officially the shitlord of TFF

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ramadu posted:

Chichevache posted:

Your avatar text could be "I'm just bird brained! :downs:"

I'll miss "That's our O-line" though. :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Where'd birdclap.gif I forgot to save it

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

wheez the roux posted:

all hail wheez :jeb:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Seahawks are going to destroy the Broncos and I will drink myself to death

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

wheez the roux posted:

The Last of The poo poo Lords

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I think the Texans are a much better team than they're being credit for, but I didn't expect them to be leading the division with a 2-game start over the Colts. :stwoon:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Is it 7 months ago again already

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bhsman posted:

I think the Texans are a much better team than they're being credit for, but I didn't expect them to be leading the division with a 2-game start over the Colts. :stwoon:

QB is the only position we're weak at. What a difference a Bortles would make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Excuse me but the :siren:MADDEN CURSE:siren: is in full effect and we are cruising to 5-11/

• Locked thread