Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
My boss at work swears I look like Jay Cutler, especially when people come up to my desk to ask question and Im tired. That's not a reputation I like.

its a reputation I love. Jay Cutler rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I used to clean beer taps for a living. I assure there is no probably about it, your beer lines are deplorably filthy.

Worked in bar, can confirm.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

AAA DOLFAN posted:

My boss at work swears I look like Jay Cutler, especially when people come up to my desk to ask question and Im tired. That's not a reputation I like.

its a reputation I love. Jay Cutler rules.

Walk around with a cigarette hanging out of your mouth all day from now on.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Chris James 2 posted:

@AdamSchefter
LB James Harrison scheduled to meet Tuesday with Steelers coaches. Assuming it goes well, he signs with PITT.

as an assistant coach?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sour Diesel posted:

Rick Wagner seems to be doing a decent job as a first year starter at RT. He was a 5th round draft pick last year and it's good to see he's doing fine. He's still a bit raw, though. On the last two plays of the Bengals game (both sacks) Cincy simply overloaded Wagner and got a clear shot on Joe.

Eugene Monroe is battling a leg injury right now, so I hope he ends up being alright because he's a pretty badass LT. Kelechi Osemele seems to awesome, dude is a complete mauler at guard.

Hopefully the line can hold, as they've been doing great at creating space for the runningbacks. Lorenzo Taliaferro is probably going to end up beating Bernard Pierce for the #1 RB spot if Pierce can't stay healthy. Lorenzo had really good vision and it was nice to see him do so well, especially since I didn't like the pick and was sad about missing Terrance West.

To be fair West also looked really good Sunday. I sort of wrote him off as a product of Cleveland's good line and poor defensive competition but West took a good couple plays that should have gone for a loss or short yardage and added 3-5 yards to them. He seems to excel at the Ray Rice move of getting low underneath tackles to gain a free 2 yards.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Magicpants posted:

as an assistant coach?

Steelers lost like no less than 14 people due to injury against the Panthers. They are desperate.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Magicpants posted:

as an assistant coach?

To end Manziel in 3 weeks.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also I figured TFF loves this poo poo.

There's tons of rumors swirling around about Jason Taylor.

Hes been around the team more in a coaching/executive level. Hes been in Stephen Ross's ear all season.

https://twitter.com/dolfan565/status/496736156269432832/photo/1

Immediately after the game, JT posted this (and subsequently deleted it 5 minutes later)

https://twitter.com/BreakinDownFilm/status/514050475964899328/photo/1

The gently caress

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I used to clean beer taps for a living. I assure there is no probably about it, your beer lines are deplorably filthy.

Shut up shut up shut up shut up

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Danny Woodhead officially on season ending IR

:smith:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Also I figured TFF loves this poo poo.

There's tons of rumors swirling around about Jason Taylor.

Hes been around the team more in a coaching/executive level. Hes been in Stephen Ross's ear all season.

https://twitter.com/dolfan565/status/496736156269432832/photo/1

Immediately after the game, JT posted this (and subsequently deleted it 5 minutes later)

https://twitter.com/BreakinDownFilm/status/514050475964899328/photo/1

The gently caress

I don't know where you are, but you can always listen online or on a smartphone, but his sister Joy is on the local sports talk morning show (104.3) and apparently she is going to talk about it tomorrow morning.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rasczak posted:

Shut up shut up shut up shut up

Tip of the iceberg on this one. Wait til someone starts mentioning the horror stories of going to some bar to clean the lines and it hasn't been done in months.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

AAA DOLFAN posted:

The gently caress

I'm not sure what this is about. I don't follow the Dolphins. Is Jason Taylor going to join the team as a coach / executive or what? Is Jason Taylor going to come out as gay? What?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chris James 2 posted:

ed: also :lol:

@AdamSchefter
LB James Harrison scheduled to meet Tuesday with Steelers coaches. Assuming it goes well, he signs with PITT.

Jay Cutty looks like Robin Thicke here. About to get all non-consensual on the Jets d.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
James Harrison loving Owns

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Roasted Donut posted:

Yeah, that too. Funny that he had to become a Bengal for me to come to Know and Love Him.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

I don't even understand how I can see this post, I don't have archives access.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I wish James Harrison would tackle Goodell and have them both explode into a cloud of dust

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

Rob Bironas reportedly tried to run woman off road

Former Titans placekicker Rob Bironas reportedly tried to run a woman off the road in the moments before his fatal car crash over the weekend, according to a report Monday from Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean.

The report cites audio from a 911 call that the woman had made at 11:03 p.m. moments after the crash on Saturday on Battery Lane in Nashville, Tenn. In that call, she said to the emergency operator that she and her husband were passed in their car by a white SUV:

quote:

"We let him go on past us because he was trying to run us off the road and we don't know who he is ... We just pulled out of his way, and we saw all this smoke and pulled over .. There is something wrong with him ... He gave us a mean look. We don't even know him, and he tried to run us off the road."

According to police cited in The Tennessean, the vehicle veered off the road, hitting multiple trees before ultimately coming to a halt upside down in a drainage culvert. The 36-year-old Bironas was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center where he was pronounced dead on arrival, according to the report.

Bironas went undrafted out of Auburn in 2001 and made his NFL debut in 2005 with the Titans, the team for which he would play his last NFL game in 2013.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/22/rob-bironas-run-woman-road-fatal-car-accident-titans

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I wish James Harrison would tackle Goodell and have them both explode into a cloud of dust

I'm envisioning more of a murder suicide that looks like the intro to The Last Boyscout, except James Harrison is literally covered in guns.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Yet another miss wide right

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Yet another miss wide right

:thurman:

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

The Bucs are working out Terrelle Pryor.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Danny Woodhead officially on season ending IR

:smith:

Jesus, that's a bad sprained ankle.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A Pale Horse posted:

loving Yes

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

A Pale Horse posted:

Bring it on :unsmigghh:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I hope they sign and start Pryor and they start owning immediately.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

A Pale Horse posted:

Hire Pryor. School Steelers. Praise Allah.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Scrub players work out with teams all the time.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

davecrazy posted:

Scrub players work out with teams all the time.

Hell, EJ Manuel never loving leaves

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Petey posted:

Jesus, that's a bad sprained ankle.

He also fractured his tibia

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
gently caress, they're dropping like flies

Manti Te'o has a foot fracture and is out for a few weeks
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/sep/22/chargers-manti-teo-foot-fracture/

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

ughhhhh

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Dr Tran posted:

Has Manti been any good for you guys? Haven't heard his name pop up too much.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

Has Manti been any good for you guys? Haven't heard his name pop up too much.

He hasn't made any spectacular plays, but he's great as a run stopper and leads the team in tackles

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Have a lot of you guys never really seen the upside down beer keg? Pretty sure its been around for like 2-3 years now.

But I would understand. There's not one place where I'm at that has one. They are either expensive as poo poo to install / have for just a bar or people think its beer black magic. Who knows.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

A Man and his dog posted:

Have a lot of you guys never really seen the upside down beer keg? Pretty sure its been around for like 2-3 years now.

But I would understand. There's not one place where I'm at that has one. They are either expensive as poo poo to install / have for just a bar or people think its beer black magic. Who knows.

Few bars want to pay a proprietary bullshit charge for a gimmick.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Marketing New Brain posted:

I'm envisioning more of a murder suicide that looks like the intro to The Last Boyscout, except James Harrison is literally covered in guns.
No James immolates himself and Roger Godell, thus fulfilling his promise he made all those years ago.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gerund posted:

Few bars want to pay a proprietary bullshit charge for a gimmick.

Yeah true, and I think only AB shells out for them cause of that good ole Bud and Budlight cash flow. Ewww.

Also the Redskins special teams unit is still a garbage fire and likes to cost us football games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Probably aggression due to all the CTE

• Locked thread