Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dr. Faustus posted:

Since Car Clubs are back in with FH2, what do you all want to do about creating a goon club?

I am going to just create GRC on Tuesday morning and I'll send out some club invites if it works like the clubs used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I finally got mine ordered. It was way too hard to convince Microsoft that I wasn't Canadian than it should have been.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Mine is ordered and installed. The license says it unlocks tonight at 12:01am EDT. I will be there, trying to launch it. The sooner you start, the sooner you can get past the unskippable intro B.S.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
Welp, broke down and pre-ordered the game. It's 7% downloaded. I really hope it's fully installed by midnight!

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I'm going to say this here since I think the first game's thread is lost to archives, but I'm playing through the Horizon Rally for the first time (Got the Season Pass during the holidays when it was heavily discounted) and holy hell the AI drivers cheat. They'll magically gain seconds on sectors that are nearly wide open. So much for playing through it on hard AI difficulty. Insane is probably impossible...

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Well, paid for my Oldbox 360 version today. If any of you still exist on that platform, hit up Pvax for some synchronized freeway speed-test shenanigans.

I seriously almost spent 460 bucks instead of the 50 ... almost. I'm actually kind of happy the ports seem a bit different, I'll get to replay it once i DO finally get an XBOne. It IS kind of nice to be getting a version that isn't trying to upsell like 40+ bucks of DLC passes (Car Pass/VIP) on day one for once.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
My loving xbox has turned off two times while downloading this game. Why don't they make it so that can't happen? 81%...

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Someone should start a SA club.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

deathmerc posted:

Someone should start a SA club.

GutBomb posted:

I am going to just create GRC on Tuesday morning and I'll send out some club invites if it works like the clubs used to.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
I would love to play the game but my preload download simply says unavailable.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Playing it now.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm just refreshing and trying to launch until the cloud or whatever lets me in and in the meantime enjoying this thread: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst22589p3_Unavailable.aspx?=

quote:

It is absolutely killing me watch these horrible drivers muck up the beginning of the game on twitch. Turn 10 needs to let me play this game right meow.

Hehe. I'm sure it'll let me in soon. Really soon. Any minute now, really. Yep!

quote:

Still waiting on my side of things, talked to support on text and they said they were working on it and it might be up in the next half hour or so
:f5: :f5: :f5: :shepicide:

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 30, 2014

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
So, should I start thr club thing, or what? It let me right in.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Atmus posted:

Did you preorder digitally? If so what version and do you have your console set to be always on?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Yes, Ultimate, Yes.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

I think you should, if it will let you.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

I think you should, if it will let you.

Okay, GRC, or what?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just pretend you're GutBomb and... no, wait, don't do that!

I don't know what the options are. Club tag GRC, name Goon Racing Club, Lifetime President By The Grace of Our Lord His Eminence Captain Howdy 0, something like that...

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Atmus posted:

Okay, GRC, or what?

I'll join but won't be able to play till November time.

This inside sim racing review made me really want to buy a wheel and pedals, I'm trying to resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqcqt4jiG2w

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status?icid=furl_status

Xbox Support posted:

9/29/2014 11:58:39 PM CST:

Hi Xbox members. Is your preorder for Forza Horizon 2 not unlocking? We’re working to get this fixed and get you on the track ASAP! We appreciate your patience in the meantime. Please check back in 30 minutes for an update on this issue.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Jesus,this takes forever to get to the club bit.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Game working fine for me but I downloaded it days ago.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

Jesus,this takes forever to get to the club bit.
Or is it Goon Racing Championship?

I DON'T KNOW!!

WienerDog you gotta upload dat logo.

I'M IN.
Only two hours and forty minutes late! Woohoo.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 30, 2014

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Looks like they took a bit of a step backwards from Forza 5. All of the "extra" cars seem to require a purchase in game, as opposed to being free like they are in Forza 5.

Aside from that gripe, this seems to be a lot of fun so far. The physics seem to be slightly different from F5, since oversteer seems to be a bit more gradual in Horizon, so you end up drifting rather than snap-oversteering into things all the time, which is probably a good idea for a game that's not just about shaving down lap times.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Okay, I give up. I don't know what series of hoops you have to jump through to start a club, but I ain't pulling it off tonight. Good luck, whoever.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
The only thing worse than an unskippable cutscene, is an unskippable cutscene of people having more fun than me while I'm alone, trying to play a game that I can't play because of an unskippable cutscene

E
Game is fun, but is it just me or is it WAY easier to lock up than it was in f5? My drivatar was bad in that, in this it's going to be a total menace

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Sep 30, 2014

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I still say the cross country events are stupid. No one ever has said "hey, you have an FD, I have a supra. Let's go race across some vineyards"

In an appropriate car, sure but it's not like some desire of mine to take a small sports car out into farmland and drive where I can't see.

I'm disappointed that it doesn't look like I can import designs from fm5.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
While the physics seem a lot more dumbed down in this release of Horizon, I still have no regrets purchasing it. I REALLY wish I didn't have to work today :(

Maybe it's just me, but I swear that the graphics have much improved from the demo to the actual game. Driving through the country roads, so much looks very photorealistic. There really are times in the game where it looks like a real life, on-board camera footage!

I can't wait until you complete enough of the game that you can go and buy more cars. I REALLY want to buy the GMC Vandura. I've been using it in Forza 5 and MAN does that piss people off in multiplayer. Especially when you're competitive with the field! (Even won a race in the van. Against actual sports cars!)

GutBomb posted:

I still say the cross country events are stupid. No one ever has said "hey, you have an FD, I have a supra. Let's go race across some vineyards"

In an appropriate car, sure but it's not like some desire of mine to take a small sports car out into farmland and drive where I can't see.

Seriously, gently caress those cross country events. I placed dead last in the first cross country event you gotta do because I could never find some of the checkpoints. Or get bounced into a tree and come plummeting to a stop.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Dr. Faustus posted:

Or is it Goon Racing Championship?

I DON'T KNOW!!

WienerDog you gotta upload dat logo.

I'M IN.
Only two hours and forty minutes late! Woohoo.

Not my design dude. I downloaded it from someone. GutBomb I think.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
I should have my copy waiting for me on my doorstep when I get home from work today. So theres a bone racing club, right?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
This is basically how I feel when tearing up the countryside in a bitchin' Camaro:

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I should have my copy waiting for me on my doorstep when I get home from work today. So theres a bone racing club, right?

There will be soon (if not already), I stayed up way too goddamn late trying to unlock the club thing and gave up after like 3 hours.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
I'm just wondering when the club unlocks. I've done 3 championships and still can't access that tab.

Also, gently caress all of your driveatars for veering into me and hitting me head on in freeroam frequently.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Atmus posted:

This is basically how I feel when tearing up the countryside in a bitchin' Camaro:

There will be soon (if not already), I stayed up way too goddamn late trying to unlock the club thing and gave up after like 3 hours.

awesome. I wasnt sure who in this thread was playing on bone versus the 360.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
To anyone playing it on the 360, is it still worth picking it up? I don't really care about the lack of weather and drivtars as long as the rest of the game is the same.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Croccers posted:

To anyone playing it on the 360, is it still worth picking it up? I don't really care about the lack of weather and drivtars as long as the rest of the game is the same.

I think the multiplayer component has been cut down a bit too, but I dont know to what extent

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Atmus posted:

Why the gently caress do they do this? Don't they know that Clubs is a big feature pretty much everyone wanted back? Why do they make you grind through the beginning of the game to access a key feature? What if I don't want to start on the story right away and just want to hoon around with my friends? loving come on!

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Why the gently caress do they do this? Don't they know that Clubs is a big feature pretty much everyone wanted back? Why do they make you grind through the beginning of the game to access a key feature? What if I don't want to start on the story right away and just want to hoon around with my friends? loving come on!

Yeah, it's kind of a dick move. Some guy answered me on the Forza forums, so it looks like I only had about a half hour's worth of stuff to get through before opening up clubs. If no one beats me to it, I'll start GRC up in like 9 hours :(

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Yeah, this is pretty annoying. Not just the car clubs, but having to play through what's basically an unskippable tutorial disguised as an easy to win championship and two other events before leaving the first city.

I was hoping to be able to start like the first Horizon where you can choose a car right away. ANY car. Luckily, the game is pretty easy, driving wise, so I've already won the championship. Just gotta do the other two events (the bucket list event and the showcase against an air force demo team).

I just don't get what is it with Turn 10 and their hard on for unskippable videos (that are either pointless or designed to tell us the same poo poo as the explanation text already on the screen!) and grinds for features that should be available right away.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
So what's the word on the mountain pass driving? Anything similar to Fujimi. It is seriously one of the biggest deciding factors for me. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

ROOMBA floorvac posted:

So what's the word on the mountain pass driving? Anything similar to Fujimi. It is seriously one of the biggest deciding factors for me. :v:
Sounds like everyone's stuck on the tutorial levels so far!

• Locked thread