Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

GutBomb posted:

It's open to my friends so I'll friend you and then you can join. And this goes for any other goons that want to join.

awesome, thanks man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
Finally made it to Nice last night. I LOVE the scenery and the map layout. The road trip to Nice felt like running in a Gumball rally!

The physics are still pretty arcadey, but the environment, the sounds, the graphics all make it worth it. This game is going to take up all my time. It's going to ruin my relationship, get me fired for no showing at work and all that.

I'll end up having to sell plasma to pay the rent and utilities to play this game. And I will have no regrets.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Dolemite posted:

Finally made it to Nice last night. I LOVE the scenery and the map layout. The road trip to Nice felt like running in a Gumball rally!

The physics are still pretty arcadey, but the environment, the sounds, the graphics all make it worth it. This game is going to take up all my time. It's going to ruin my relationship, get me fired for no showing at work and all that.

I'll end up having to sell plasma to pay the rent and utilities to play this game. And I will have no regrets.

Yeah, like I played for like 4 hours last night and I cant wait to play when I get home today. I dont get pulled into games like this too often any more. There is just so much that I want to try out and do. And I want access the Club stuff.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Steering wheel glare is still a problem on some cars :(

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I play with a wheel and too often when making a turn I go for the turn signal stalk that just isn't there.

Slow and Serious
Mar 20, 2007

It runs ok.
This game looks fantastic, from the weather effects to the sense of speed driving the bucket list cars. I spent a lot of time playing the first one and so far this one seems better in almost every way. Thankful to have a roommate with Xbone so I didn't have to go out and buy one just for this game.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I found in the previous Horizon and also in this one that driving in 3rd person view works better for me. I feel like it lets me see more of the environment and makes navigating about easier. I still prefer hood cam and sometimes cockpit view for FM4/5 though.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Kind of regretting not just taking the plunge and buying an Xbone. The 360 version is definitely fun, but it's really starting to feel a bit half assed.

Some thoughts since there wasn't much info made available for this version:

I've had some weird geometry problems, like cutting a corner a little bit and coming to a dead stop or flipping up in the air for no reason. Not just random corners either, like meant to be cut chicane type corners IN events.

Speaking of events ... the 360 career layout so far seems to be 4 events per city that you can race in different 10 classes (tracked separately). You only have to get a top 3 in all four (in one class only) to proceed - then the next hub appears on the map. The stats screen shows 480 events so I assume that means it 48 unique races in total on this version (raced 10 times each), plus the 4 Showcase events and 30 Bucket list challenges. Oh, and 10 barn finds.

And .... You don't get wheelspins on level ups either (not even in multiplayer like in FH1). I'm up to level 11 or so and am just getting a flat 2,500cr per level. The only reward cars I've received are from the showcase events. I've done 2 or 3 hubs and one round of multi so far and am sitting on like 300k.

I DO really like the layout of the map so far though and it's still fun as hell to drive around. I'm just really wishing I had upgraded. It also seems like the 360 just has the three main radio stations only, unless they unlock the others later.

pvax fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 1, 2014

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

pvax posted:

[...]three main radio stations only, unless they unlock the others later.

Same for the Xbone. You start with three stations and others unlock along the way. I've already unlocked one after arriving in Nice.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Dolemite posted:

Same for the Xbone. You start with three stations and others unlock along the way. I've already unlocked one after arriving in Nice.

I was glad when the 4th station unlocked and the first song was by The Heavy. Before that I was driving without the radio, wasn't big on any of the starter stations, though I didn't give the much of a chance. Hopefully the 4th station is good, haven't had much of a chance to play since then.

I will say that while I was hoping for a bigger map, the game is so much fun when you ignore the terrible terrible cut scenes. Can't wait to start playing online with people.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
will the 360 version be getting any DLC? I am a little mad I have no Fiesta ST to purchase.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Dolemite posted:

Yeah, he said he was level 11 though. Ive unlocked 2 additional stations and I am only level 6 or 7. Maybe the 360 only has 3?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I'm pretty sure radio stations are progressional unlocks, not level based ones.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

Steering wheel glare is still a problem on some cars :(
You're talking about the Ferrari, aren't you? I saw the red leather on the windscreen and thought, "Hey! I'm Atmus!" Then I went back to bumper cam.

I'm home from work today. Look for me!

E: I turned off the music in the settings. It's funny seeing the game telling me what my favorite radio station is when I'm literally not listening to any of them.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 1, 2014

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

We shall see. I'm not too far in yet I guess. Looking at my achievements, I'm still on the third hub, Sisteron. Maybe I'm just being impatient and am worried too much about having a gimped version since they basically shared nothing about the 360 version besides ... no weather, no drivatars, and no always on online.

poo poo - I'm just happy to be 'painting' roads on the map again. My favorite video game pastime :)

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

You're talking about the Ferrari, aren't you? I saw the red leather on the windscreen and thought, "Hey! I'm Atmus!" Then I went back to bumper cam.

I'm home from work today. Look for me!

It was more noticeable on the thing you race the train in, and some other bucket car.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I haven't done that, yet. But I'm about to get all Forza Horizon for the next 12 hours or so, I think. I still need to get past the first 90 minutes of gameplay (too many distractions, Bucket List challenges and XP boards, I am looking at you!)

E: Finally looked at all the clips FH2 has saved automatically while I was playing. They're all epic and fun as hell to watch and relive moments I have already forgotten. What a cool feature.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 1, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Looks like they fixed the VIP not appearing issue, but I get an error when trying to join the goon car club. SO CLOSE.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Few pics from the Xbone version I took in the first few hours of gameplay last night:

This game owns bones.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
They fixed the issue with dlc cars not being free in-game too. I picked the rest of them up this morning, along with some adorable favorites and got an achievement and reward points for doing that. In forza hub there were no redeemable rewards for horizon 2 yet but I think they are still working on that. I also noticed that there were no rewards for fm4 and horizon 1 so maybe they are no longer paying rewards out for the older games now.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Awesome. Time to go car shopping.

Also, when the hell did I make $621,222 bux? O, probably after my VIP turned on last night!

WienerDog posted:

This game owns bones.
It does. It really loving does.

VVV Yep! $1.5M just plopped out. Holy Christ. I'm set. What to buy?? gently caress, look at all these free cars, too! Free Ferrari 330 P4, you say? The hell you say! OK! VVV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 1, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

GutBomb posted:

They fixed the issue with dlc cars not being free in-game too. I picked the rest of them up this morning, along with some adorable favorites and got an achievement and reward points for doing that. In forza hub there were no redeemable rewards for horizon 2 yet but I think they are still working on that. I also noticed that there were no rewards for fm4 and horizon 1 so maybe they are no longer paying rewards out for the older games now.

Forza Hub actually loaded for me today and pooped out a pile of credits, which they said should show up sometime in the next few hours.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Never played the first Horizon, but I'm loving this one. Out of all the Xbox One games I've played, this is the one that has made me feel the best about buying a new console. The graphics are amazing.

Also, this is the first time I've got a car nice enough appear in a game (no more Corollas for me!), so the first thing I did was buy it in-game and take a photo

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Nice pic, subroc!

You know, the one gripe I'm starting to develop is the "generic Caucasian male driver." Helmets are better, it could be anyone under there.
FH2 is like (I think this works better): Forza Horizon 2: Attack of The Clones.

E: Absolutely thrilled to see the new GRC members coming aboard. Welcome to the club!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 1, 2014

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Alfa makes the loveliest looking cars

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

You know, the one gripe I'm starting to develop is the "generic Caucasian male driver." Helmets are better, it could be anyone under there.
FH2 is like (I think this works better): Forza Horizon 2: Attack of The Clones.

Yeah, it would be sweet if you could customize your driver's look. At least he isn't wearing that distracting, gaudy G-Shock watch anymore.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
This game is purddy...

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

XBoxBingARaptor, your drivatar is busting my balls :mad:

(often in an actual raptor)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Maneki Neko posted:

This reply makes no sense because I am too dumb to read.

Regardless, Welcome to GRC!

P.S. - Tell me if my Drivatar, Captain Howdy 0, gets too smashy. I'll have a talk with him.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 1, 2014

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are

Maneki Neko posted:

In a good way or bad way? Online trips are making my semi-bad drivatar really bad

Also I made a great (terrible) gatorade donk so watch out for that

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 1, 2014

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

This is without any doubt my favorite Forza game to date, at least while it still has the "brand new" feel to it. I can't wait to get into some online driving with the GRC folks.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
My wife is going out of town for the weekend staying tomorrow so I'm sure I'll be online a lot.

Painting issues: I can't frund a way to fine tune colors. It makes using the special materials like metal flake not so special because you're stuck with the green metal flake

TheHeavyPersuader
Oct 25, 2010
Favorite Forza to date! GT is a1ohaSnackbar if anyone wants to play.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

My wife is going out of town for the weekend staying tomorrow so I'm sure I'll be online a lot.

Painting issues: I can't frund a way to fine tune colors. It makes using the special materials like metal flake not so special because you're stuck with the green metal flake
The first time I tried to paint a car with Atmus' "Polished Aluminum Tint" it didn't work. Later on, it was there. I can't explain it, I guess it's growing pains. I now have a Polished Aluminum Orange Lancer that looks p. cool (although I miss my vinyls). I made a GRC placard and that's about it so far. O, and a US Flag.

gently caress, I want to share some new pictures but no joy on the servers.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

The first time I tried to paint a car with Atmus' "Polished Aluminum Tint" it didn't work. Later on, it was there. I can't explain it, I guess it's growing pains. I now have a Polished Aluminum Orange Lancer that looks p. cool (although I miss my vinyls). I made a GRC placard and that's about it so far. O, and a US Flag.

gently caress, I want to share some new pictures but no joy on the servers.

Sorry read that as Atmus' "Polished Aluminum Taint".

I hope to join you guys tomorrow once I'm finally home.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
Is anyone else having issues with Forza's online? I cannot join an online freeroam or anything. Also, every time I finish a race, I have to sit at the results screen where the award you credits for like ten seconds, and during this time my credits account reads as zero. The game isn't locked up; music's playing and the camera's waving around like it's on a loving boat or something. Sometimes it'll fail to download rivals too. I have no other issues with other games or my internet in general (except of course for Destiny's constant server issues). Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
The servers are getting hammered because the game is more popular than expected

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

Sorry read that as Atmus' "Polished Aluminum Taint".

I hope to join you guys tomorrow once I'm finally home.
After you said that, I almost did, too. His voice is too deep for a polished taint, though. I'm scared of the very concept of Atmus having a taint and what it must be like. Have you seen Peter Jackson's King Kong? I imagine it's like Skull Island.

Dude I'm really glad you're well enough to be almost at home, resting, and having fun. It's great news.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 2, 2014

Slow and Serious
Mar 20, 2007

It runs ok.
Requested to join the clan as I Steal Bikes. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

GutBomb posted:

The servers are getting hammered because the game is more popular than expected

I find that hard to believe but at the same time that's kind of encouraging.

• Locked thread