Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
I'm just wondering when the club unlocks. I've done 3 championships and still can't access that tab.

Also, gently caress all of your driveatars for veering into me and hitting me head on in freeroam frequently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Dolemite posted:

Same for the Xbone. You start with three stations and others unlock along the way. I've already unlocked one after arriving in Nice.

I was glad when the 4th station unlocked and the first song was by The Heavy. Before that I was driving without the radio, wasn't big on any of the starter stations, though I didn't give the much of a chance. Hopefully the 4th station is good, haven't had much of a chance to play since then.

I will say that while I was hoping for a bigger map, the game is so much fun when you ignore the terrible terrible cut scenes. Can't wait to start playing online with people.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

geeves posted:

Sorry read that as Atmus' "Polished Aluminum Taint".

I hope to join you guys tomorrow once I'm finally home.

Good to see that you bought it too.

I wish I wasn't busy for the rest of the week. At least I'll get some time in on Saturday

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Yeah, I wish I would have gotten the photo a little earlier when I had a little more air. It almost looks like a bug or something since its only a few inches up.

And I have won 2 cars on the wheel spin at level 12. For the most part, I think you are better off winning cash. I won a Fiat 500 abarth which is like a 20,000 car and an Evo X which was like a 40,000 car. You end up winning about that much cash anyway and with cash you can buy whatever you want. I suppose there might be a super expensive car or two on the wheel which would be awesome to win but they arent great for the most part. Winning the Evo was cool because I didnt have one, but what the gently caress am I going to do with a Fiat

I would also love customization for characters. The fact that everyone is a white dude in that game is pretty lame

Except when you only get like 5K. That has happened to me twice now.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

At least with VIP it doubles your credits.

That is true and my last spin last night was for the max which I think was $100,000, and with the VIP it was doubled so I can't really complain. Just sucks when you finally get a spin and win basically nothing.

I wish the buying cars menu would go quicker. Loading skins, saving the car, etc takes way longer than I expected. I was trying to buy all the DLC cars quickly but gave up since it was taking way longer than expected.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Comrade Flynn posted:

I'm going to go on the record and say that putting 600hp into a Willys Jeep on stock 1942 tires was not the best idea I've had.

EDIT: Nevermind this thing loving owns. I just annihilated everyone else in the A800 offroad thing and got a 100k point skill chain because this thing does nothing but spin it's tires from the end of one corner to the start of the next.

Well, now I know what I need to do next time I'm on.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

I'm still shy of 300 roads found but I have all my fast travel stuff and all my perks which is nice. I need to spend more time in free roam with goons just driving around I think. Only a few more unique car pictures left to take so I don't have to see that icon anymore.

I'm excited to play tonight. Finally got my Xbone replaced so I don't have graphics issues in game anymore. Well I hope, the downloads from Microsoft are painfully slow (under 1MB/s) so I haven't had a chance to play on the replacement bone yet.

Adding you.

I also thought I was doing well with my 3.5 mil. I didn't know there was a car for 6 mil. Guess that will take me a while.

A c E fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 16, 2014

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

While I get annoyed at people's bad driving sometimes, I've just learned to live with it. I keep track of people who ram me and will make sure to gently caress up their turns or push them into trees if I get the chance. I actually spent an entire road trip acting as a blocker for my friend, since he was getting destroyed by others in turns when he accidentally picked an under powered car.

It doesn't bug me much since road trips are based on XP and I can still get first place by doing skill combos.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

GutBomb posted:

When I get cars in this game I upgrade them to the top of their staying class but keep the stock drivetrain so it still feels someday like the car it's supposed to represent.

I always upgrade the drivetrain to AWD but try to stay within the same class. Allows me to drive like a maniac, plus there's always an off-road course in the road trips.

Also, we need to have a giant goon game. Maybe on a Saturday afternoon around 13:00 (GMT -5:00) so that both the UK players and those of us from North America can play together.

Edit: Also, regardless of what game I'm playing I'm usually up for racing in Forza 5 or Forza Horizon 2, so feel free to invite me. GT: Matazar

Haven't played much Forza 5 though.

A c E fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Atmus posted:

Forza has ruined my ability to drive in GTA5 :(

I'm glad it wasn't just me. I can not drive worth poo poo in GTA anymore. I miss my manual controls from Forza... I keep trying to back up by hitting B a few times then the gas.

I've added people here and there and as I mentioned before, feel free to invite regardless of what game (also TV) I'm playing. If I'm not partying or jumping off soonish, I will likely take you up on the offer. GT Matazar

• Locked thread