Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I tried to send a club request but it says the club is invite only? XBLA: TheNall

This game's fun and very pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

PSA: the 5 perk point "Win better prizes more often with Horizon Wheelspin" seems to be not really worth it. It hasn't obviously increased the rate at which I win cars and only gives a 10% increase on forzabucks payouts. Spending 5 perk points to get 3300CR instead of 3000 is bullshit.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

tk posted:

I think what it does is increase the rate at which high value prizes are put on the wheel, not increase the rate at which whatever higher value items on the wheel are hit. Agreed that it doesn't really seem worth it.

Maybe, but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it just gives a flat 10% bump to the existing payout and maybe (and I'm really not too confident about this) adds a couple more cars to the wheel. It doesn't seem to do anything to help you RNG a higher tier reward. Since unlocking it I've gotten 3300 twice, 5500, 8800 twice, 16500, 55000, and maybe one mediocre car. Maybe that's a veeery slight bump to the base RNG but it looks like a flat 10% to existing rewards to me.

quote:

The think the skills I've found most useful are the one that increases the rate your multiplier increases and the one that adds a second to your chain.

The one that gives you the indicator of the cars you need for photo mode seemed good at first, but I'm finding taking pictures of random cars to be more tedious than anything, and the credit rewards don't really seem worth it.

Yeah, I'm working towards the one that lets your multiplier go up to 6x and already unlocked the +1 sec perk. Those will probably give the biggest overall return if I get them earlier. After that it's a toss up between getting the -10% new cars and buying a shitload of stuff or getting the fast travel anywhere perk. Min/maxin' arcade racer in dis thread

Just finished the Finale, time to circle back to Bucket List races.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Tighran posted:

Also what's up with the event completion? I think I'm only one championship away from the Horizon Finale, but on the event selection screen it only shows that I've completed like 1/4 of the Supercar races and 1/3 of the Muscle Car races or something. Do you need to beat each given class at each location? I know you can select any class you want before heading to a location but I usually just stuck with one of the three it sort of "recommended" and some of them (like SUV Heroes) have not come up at all.

Once you beat the Horizon Finale, it unlocks all championship series in all of the map locations, it stops suggesting a new series for your next one, and you get to see all of the series for all locations on a single screen.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Pudgygiant posted:

Are the train and jets the only showcase races? They're pretty loving cool, if a bit gimmicky. The jets passing overhead just off the deck was loving nuts with headphones on

No there are a couple more.

Off the top of my head: hot air balloons, cargo plane, but I'm forgetting one or two more I think.

I assume the showcases are supposed to be like one of the silly/cool Top Gear races. I thought they were all fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

GutBomb posted:

I was assuming the drivatars in FH2 of people who don't have the game were generated from them playing the demo.

Nope, it's FM5 drivatars. I have a couple friends who have FM5 but haven't played the FH2 full game or demo and I see their drivatars in FH2 (always level 1).

• Locked thread