Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wolrah posted:

I was kind of hoping for a '91 928.

you are never going to see a 928 in forza motorsport, period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

What's the reasoning?

If the 928 was ever going to be in a Forza game, or other games like it, it would be in them already over cars like the 914 or 944. The 928 was the premier Porsche in the 80's, out-performing the 911 in most respects. The only advantage the 911 had was in handling, but even then not by much and the 928 handled much more predictably as well. It's an awesome car that Porsche have spent some 20 years trying to erase from history.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

Oh I thought you knew something rather than just some speculation.

There's absolutely no speculation in saying that at the very least Porsche doesn't give a hot flying poo poo about the 928, if not outright rejects it. Again, we got the 914, a piece of junk that isn't even really a Porsche at all, over the 928. In fact, of the many games with Porsches in them, the 928 has been in exactly one, which was a game that only featured Porsches and nothing else and came out 15 years ago.

We're more likely to see things like the Lamborghini Espada or the Ferrari Mondial before we see a 928.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 10, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Sorry, the 914 sucks. The best you can say about it is that at least it isn't the 912 or 924.

e: this doesn't mean it's a bad thing to be in a video game however, for the same reasons that the Pinto and Corvair (and Codatronca) are not bad things to be in a video game.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 10, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

Until Porsche or a video game developer actually makes some sort of announcement about the 928 appearing in a video game or not that's actually the dictionary definition of speculation...

It's logic and common sense. If you want to delude yourself into believing the 928 will ever be in a video game, go for it, just don't be disappointed when Forza Horizon 10 still does not have one.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

I'm not deluded. I simply asked if you had something concrete to back up your statement. Jesus Christ, you're an rear end in a top hat.

No, you didn't asked for concrete proof. You asked for reasoning, and that is what I gave you. Sorry that you don't like the answer, bro v:shobon:v

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ether Frenzy posted:

The 928 is in Forza 4. It's called the Panamera.

The Panamera is a 4 door and isn't lovably ugly :colbert:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

There are 19 games with the Porsche license. The 928 has been in exactly one of those, that one being a game featuring only Porsches, despite it being a top-of-the-line model for the company when it was current.

It's logical to assume that you won't see it in games going forward because if Porsche cared enough about a car that was so good they almost replaced the 911 with it entirely, you would've already seen it in games other than Porsche Unleashed. That they care more about a low-end Volkswagen speaks volumes.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

My distaste had nothing to do with the answer but with your claim of fact when it is merely speculation. I couldn't give two shits if there's ever a 928 in a game. I figured facts pertaining to the reason it would never appear in a game would be interesting.

Reading up on some history of the 928 and the controversy it caused among Porsche fans and what it did to Porsche themselves would tell you everything you need to know about why it has a snowball's chance in hell of appearing. Porsche fans hated the car, they hated that it was designed from the start to replace the 911, and it sold far less than Porsche were forecasting for the entirety of its existence. So poor were its sales that the head of Porsche got sacked because Porsche were no longer turning a profit at all and the future of the company was in peril as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ether Frenzy posted:

And yet, this poor persecuted German Corvette was sold for nearly 20 years and despite it's clear brilliance as a GT car that isn't as good as a 911 when you're shopping for a 911, I almost never see any on the streets of Los Angeles so either it was not as good as a 911, not as reliable as a 911, or not as desirable as a 911.

Or perhaps the Porsche enthusiasts who buy and maintain old p-Cars just don't get the true essence of the 928's fantastic driving characteristics.

The real answer is that it wasn't a 911, that's pretty much the beginning and end of it. Keep in mind that Porsche fans also lost their poo poo when the 911 did away with air cooling and you will still find quite a few people who don't consider post-993s to be 'true' 911s, so a car that was designed to replace the 911 outright is about as sacrilegious as you can get.

It was also really expensive (approaching 100k by the late 80's) and had serious reliability problems compared to the 911 thanks to some bewilderingly stupid design decisions, like the world's most poorly thought-out belt system.

• Locked thread