Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
Anyone played the demo yet? Mine is about halfway downloaded. Pretty excited to give it a go soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Dr. Faustus posted:

gently caress yeah! I gotta have my burger king hat.
Let me know if you find it. I'll cancel my Day One pre-order and order the Royale with cheeze instead.

You can preorder the deluxe version directly from the demo

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

First reviews are out. Eurogamer gave it a 9 - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-25-forza-horizon-2-review

quote:

It's going to be a busy season for racing games, with sim hopeful Project Cars, ambitious online "CarPG" The Crew and the social score-attack of DriveClub all jostling for attention. Horizon 2 sets an intimidatingly high bar for those games to meet on every front, but in one aspect it seems unbeatable. I can't imagine any of them are going to feel this happy.

Has an 85 right now on Metacritic. Really looking forward to Tuesday.

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 25, 2014

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Are we making a list of people playing the game by console or is this thread just going to be representative of that. I know the Forza 5 thread is still pretty active but I wasnt sure if people were going to be migrating over since FH2 is a much different game.

The online aspects of FH2 sound fantastic and it would be cool to play with some goons.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I should have my copy waiting for me on my doorstep when I get home from work today. So theres a bone racing club, right?

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Atmus posted:

This is basically how I feel when tearing up the countryside in a bitchin' Camaro:

There will be soon (if not already), I stayed up way too goddamn late trying to unlock the club thing and gave up after like 3 hours.

awesome. I wasnt sure who in this thread was playing on bone versus the 360.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Croccers posted:

To anyone playing it on the 360, is it still worth picking it up? I don't really care about the lack of weather and drivtars as long as the rest of the game is the same.

I think the multiplayer component has been cut down a bit too, but I dont know to what extent

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Pudgygiant posted:

Protip: take a photo as soon as a race starts

I am totally addicted to the photo mode. I spent like 4 hours playing FH2 last night and I think about a quarter of it must have been loving with photo mode. How do you get the photos to post on the forums? Is it part of the 'share' function? Share wasnt working for me last night.

Also, when I get far enough, I will be attempting to join the GRC (xbone) as 'WinnebagoWarrio'. I dunno if its invite only though, so if it is, invite me please!

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

GutBomb posted:

It's open to my friends so I'll friend you and then you can join. And this goes for any other goons that want to join.

awesome, thanks man

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Dolemite posted:

Finally made it to Nice last night. I LOVE the scenery and the map layout. The road trip to Nice felt like running in a Gumball rally!

The physics are still pretty arcadey, but the environment, the sounds, the graphics all make it worth it. This game is going to take up all my time. It's going to ruin my relationship, get me fired for no showing at work and all that.

I'll end up having to sell plasma to pay the rent and utilities to play this game. And I will have no regrets.

Yeah, like I played for like 4 hours last night and I cant wait to play when I get home today. I dont get pulled into games like this too often any more. There is just so much that I want to try out and do. And I want access the Club stuff.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Dolemite posted:

Same for the Xbone. You start with three stations and others unlock along the way. I've already unlocked one after arriving in Nice.

Yeah, he said he was level 11 though. Ive unlocked 2 additional stations and I am only level 6 or 7. Maybe the 360 only has 3?

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Alfa makes the loveliest looking cars

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

subroc posted:

Took me a little while to figure it out, but yeah, you have to share the photos.

Then login at http://www.forzamotorsport.net/ and your stuff should be in Community -> Gallery

Thanks a ton man!

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

It's starting to defeat gravity! Good pictures, man.

This game looks really, really good. Had a lot of fun playing around with it last night mostly just doing championship stuff.

Question: Can you actually win cars from the Wheelspin thing? All I've managed to get is credit bonuses, and I'm at like level 16 or something.

And what someone else said earlier, I wouldn't mind a very basic character creator for the next Horizon. Something as basic as male/female, skin tone, hair color, and a few clothes items.

Yeah, I wish I would have gotten the photo a little earlier when I had a little more air. It almost looks like a bug or something since its only a few inches up.

And I have won 2 cars on the wheel spin at level 12. For the most part, I think you are better off winning cash. I won a Fiat 500 abarth which is like a 20,000 car and an Evo X which was like a 40,000 car. You end up winning about that much cash anyway and with cash you can buy whatever you want. I suppose there might be a super expensive car or two on the wheel which would be awesome to win but they arent great for the most part. Winning the Evo was cool because I didnt have one, but what the gently caress am I going to do with a Fiat

I would also love customization for characters. The fact that everyone is a white dude in that game is pretty lame

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I got 100k on a spin last night. Forza is back to giving out money like candy just like the good ol days. I have like 650k after 5 hours or so of playing, haha

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Keket posted:

Are there any feature comparisons between the 360 and xbone version? i know the lack of weather and drivitar thing, but is there anything else? really can't justify buying a xbone just for this game (oh god its so temping)

Its not a side by side list, but the Digital Foundry did their graphics comparison this weekend in in the article they talk about how its not really the same game at all:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-forza-horizon-2-face-off

quote:

The overall impression is that Sumo hasn't exactly ported Forza Horizon 2 from Xbox One to the 360, but rather that it has produced its own companion piece that is better suited to the hardware limitations of the older console. There's also the sense that it has sought to extract the best possible results from the existing Xbox 360 engine created for the original Horizon, as opposed to tackling the nigh-on impossible task of scaling down the Xbox One codebase. Generally speaking, the approach works, even though one of the most satisfying experiences of the new game feels a little lacking on Xbox 360.

quote:

Off-road racing is a core component of Forza Horizon 2, and on Xbox One, the sensation of ploughing cross-country, blasting through detail-rich, thick foliage is one experience that feels new and exciting, helping to give the game the feeling that the title is a true next-gen pioneer in the racing genre. There's nothing to stop you driving off-road on Xbox 360, but the events structure to make the most of it is lacking - you leave the tarmac in many events, but the emphasis remains on circuit racing.

[quote]Other next-gen elements are also missing in the Xbox 360 game - specifically, the vast range of online gameplay features Playground has shoehorned into the Xbox One title. There's also no Drivatar AI either - much maligned by many in Forza Motorsport 5, comparing Forza Horizon 2 between Xbox 360 and Xbox One demonstrates how worthwhile the feature actually is - if only for the unpredictability the evolved AIs add.

quote:

Forza Horizon 2 represents something of a full-stop for the franchise on the Xbox 360. Sumo took on the excellent Playground/Turn 10 codebase but there's the feeling that it couldn't push the level of technical achievement further, resulting in a revised game design that made the most of the technologies and assets available, in the final analysis producing a very different game to the Xbox One showcase. It's a fine title worthy of the hardware it is running on and the pedigree of the studios involved - but it is perhaps more of a sideways step than a full-blown sequel. That game does exist, however - and it is spectacular - but it does remain exclusive to Xbox One.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Chasiubao posted:

I got the WRX from the demo and have done nothing but rally championships since. Saying gently caress roads is just too much fun :colbert: Also I'm bad at steering so AWD seems to help, although that could just be in my head.

AWD helps a lot with some cars, particularly off road. I converted the arial atom to AWD and its pretty much unstoppable now. I did the 'track toys' race that has offroad sections and found it pretty much uncontrollable on dirt/grass/gravel but with AWD its loving great.

Edit - and also, some more screen shots. Still having fun with the photo mode

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 6, 2014

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Chasiubao posted:

Wait I can make a non AWD drive car into an AWD car? :aaaaa:

Yeah, you can do a drivetrain swap and/or an engine swap in most cars in the upgrade menu.

subroc posted:

I saw some of the speed trap records and many of them were done with Atom X999, so I upgraded mine. The car went from one of the most fun cars in the game to an undriveable monster. I think I'm going to buy a second Atom and keep it stock, and use this upgraded insane one for records.

Yeah, I kept mine at S1 or S2 or whatever and just did some minor performance enhancements. I find almost anything at the X999 level to be undrivable, haha.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

GutBomb posted:

So the co-op bucket list challenges appear to be 2 player only.

this was very lame to discover yesterday

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

BCRock posted:

So what exactly do I need to accomplish before it will let me join the club?

I've finished the first 2 championships, done a handful of online racing and rivals, gotten to level 15 or so and the club option is still not selectable from the menu. Is there a location you need to visit to make it active?

Its a part of the main campaign. I think its after the 3rd or 4th championship, you do a race against a train. Once you finish that, it unlocks. I dont know why they hid it so deep in the campaign.

\/\/\/\/ yeah, the train race concludes the dubious 'tutorial' section of the game. Once you do that everything is open. Its dumb they stretched it out that far, but itll prompt you join a race crew when you finish it. Just search "GRC" and we will pop up. We are about 40 strong right now!

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 8, 2014

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I would be loving amped to be buried in that car

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Anny-Mouse posted:

Hey, I'm really loving this game and I'd like to find more people to race! Most online races are some stupid Any Class drag thing and I like racing D-S1 (muscle, rally, sports!). If anyone want to race in those classes hit me up I'm Annymouseymouse on XBONE

Did you join the GRC? You should if you didnt. I just added a bunch of people to my friends list from there to race with.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

yeah, teenage eurotrash on MDMA was clearly the inspiration this time. I just listen to podcasts because games have terrible sound tracks and I dont need to hear that British butthole telling me what to do

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Atmus posted:

I don't normally care about radio stations in Forza games, but it was weird having a bunch of real bands and songs in this, but not being able to recognize any of them. Horizon 1 spoiled me for that.

Yeah, I am fairly into indie and electronic stuff and I wasnt familiar with much of anything in Horizon. CVRCHES, The Pixies, Chromeo, Cut Copy, Cage the Elephant, Thee Oh Sees, De Lux, Spank Rock and thats about it. It looks like a lot when I write it out like that, but there 150 songs in the game so recognizing maybe 10 of them isnt much.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

I love taking screenshots in this game:

I hope there's no one from Turn 10 patrolling shared skins for 'copyright infringement' because there's some good stuff out there.

I have an enormous amount of fun taking screenshots in that game. I never delve into photo modes much but I cant quit. I havent been able to annoy people in this thread with my screenshots in like a week because I just moved and my goddamned internet wont work because Comcast. But be aware when I get my internet back and am able to upload photos there are going to be so many screenshots

Also, this game continues to own. I finally got to the finale a day or two ago and that 20 minute race owns a loving ton. I wish you could do it over and over any time you wanted rather than just when you beat 15 championships. I feel like they could just massively reduce the amount of winnings you get and it would be fine. Its just so much fun to do a race that long across a huge chunk of the map. Thats a thing that open world racers should exploit that they dont. Other racing games have long races but its just you doing the same lap over and over and over. With FH2 you actually get to do one huge lap. Of course I used the car I was most confident racing with so I destroyed the computer, but still. The next time I do it, I might try it on the hardest difficulty.

pvax posted:

Well .. took a gamble on a CowBoom Xbox One for $279 - Couldn't pass it up at that price. Hoping to be playing the proper game by this weekend!

drat that is a nice price.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

BabyMauler posted:

loving shame that is. 4 and Horizon 1 had so many different weird kits. The Hummer had like five different roof configurations.

Yeah, while the body kits dont make much of a difference I guess, I do like loving around with that type of thing. Horizon is great in terms of customization so it does suck that the body kits are minimal. I bought a BRZ yesterday and it had a bunch of kits, but its pretty limited for most cars. Hopefully FM6 and FH3 have a lot more. Body kits feel more at home in Horizon in terms of theme and tone but it would still be cool to have more in the FM series too.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

SmokeyXIII posted:

Is there a way to play online in the class you want instead of just randomly being put into S2 when really you are a dad and cannot possible process things that fast?

Yeah, just play with goons. pubs love S2 but goons race just about anything

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

hanyolo posted:

Yeah unfortunately this has taken a back seat for me for the moment, between Sunset Overdrive and Halo MCC this week. I'm keen for a GRC weekend race though!

Yeah, theres just too much poo poo to play right now. I loving love FH2, but Sunset and Mordor have been consuming every free moment for me for the past 2 weeks or so. I plan on returning to FH2 soon, however.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Thanks for the invite last night. Was watching a movie with my lady or I would have been all over it. I will play soon for sure though

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Man, I have so much other stuff to play right now but this expansion sounds awesome. I loving love offroad and rally racing and had no idea this expansion was coming out. And theres a Steam sale starting soon. And I havent bought Bayonetta, Smash Bros, or Dragon Age yet. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I am very excited about this and I dont care who knows it. I hope it includes a whole new area and isnt just a car/mission pack but for 10 bucks its hard to tell.

edit - well I just googled where the movie takes place and Europe wasnt mentioned anywhere so I guess maybe there will be a new area? I am interested to learn more.

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Well, a line in the press release says "Players will take part in a series of thrilling car challenges set in the idyllic south of France, challenges inspired by both the Fast & Furious films and Forza’s legendary gameplay." so I wouldn't bet on getting any new map areas. Also it's being released for free for the first two weeks, so if you act fast, you won't have to part with your :10bux:

yeah, I watched the trailer last night and saw that it was the same map. Too bad, but the free for 2 weeks owns super hard to I will check it out.

• Locked thread