Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I love taking screenshots in this game:

I hope there's no one from Turn 10 patrolling shared skins for 'copyright infringement' because there's some good stuff out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Wheel Talk: Does anyone have one? After watching this dudes setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wujMaXjHEIk I'm obsessed with the idea. The thrustmaster he's using in the video looks pretty nice, and that gearbox :eyepop:

I kind of want to hold off since Fanatec just announced they are finally licensed with MS to make a wheel, but who knows how long that will take...
http://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/blog

quote:

Landshut, Germany – 3.10.2014 – This is the announcement many people have been waiting for and we are happy to announce that Endor AG (the company behind the brand Fanatec) and Microsoft Corp. have closed a license agreement to make racing peripherals for the Xbox One.
Fanatec plans to release a broad line up of racing wheels which will fit all kind of racing styles and different budgets.
Xbox One brings the latest in innovation and power to the development of racing peripherals giving fans of Fanatec products the opportunity to play the newest Xbox One titles with full support and integration.
Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their Fanatec wheel bases by simply attaching an Xbox One steering wheel to an Xbox One enabled Fanatec wheel base (like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2), making their whole system compatible to Xbox One. Additional details and features will be announced soon.
Additional Fanatec peripherals like pedals, shifters or handbrakes that were purchased with an Xbox 360 will also be compatible with Xbox One. The modular configuration system in the Fanatec webshop allows you to purchase only the components you need.

Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Endor/Fanatec: “I am very excited to announce this partnership as we have been working with Microsoft behind the scenes on new and exciting products. Xbox One and “Forza Motorsport” will continue to be a landmark of ultra-realistic racing simulations on any gaming console and we look forward to bringing this realism to a whole new level for our fans.”

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

GutBomb posted:

I have the Thrustmaster tx wheel with the shifter and 3 pedal add-on. It adds a lot to the experience and it's 90% as good as my old fanatec wheel I keep around for ps3 and 360.

The fanatec equipment is going to be very expensive compared to the Thrustmaster and it's not out yet so I'd recommend going with the Thrustmaster.

Don't bother with the $99 Thrustmaster. It doesn't have force feedback.

Yeah, I was just reading more about what Fanatec has in store, it probably won't be announced until end of year, and is likely to be some super premium thing I can't afford. That makes the decision very easy at least!

What shifter do you use GutBomb? How does the clutch pedal handle shifting, can you actually ruin your transmission or lose speed if you don't depress the clutch? Is there a common mounting system everyone uses (WheelStandPro)?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I broke down and ordered the TX wheel and a wheelstand. I can't find that loving awesome thrustmaster shifter (th8a?) anywhere, or the pedals. Anyone know where to look? Now that I know it exists, I can't live without one.

GutBomb posted:

If you don't use the clutch it grinds and shifts slowly and will damage the transmission. I use the Thrustmaster th8a shifter.

I use a wheel stand pro and it's great

Did you order in the US by chance?

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 22, 2014

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
g/d it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Dolemite posted:

Not gonna lie, it was so satisfying to hear a crunch, followed immediately by the car instantly disappearing from your peripheral vision.
And now you know why people do it :) Driving lovely results in instant gratification, driving with skill takes patience with no immediate payoff. Guess which one people do more.

My wheel stand pro should be in today, can't wait to try this game with a wheel! :getin:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I used the Thrustmaster TX a total of two times with it half-assedly mounted to my coffee table. I came home tonight and to my surprise my wheel stand pro was delivered! I hook it all up and come to find the wheel is loving broken now. The wheel seizes when it's supposed to spin left/right when you first turn it on and then the fan turns on and it locks up. Happens connected to my PC, too. I suspect something broke when I turned the wheel upside down to mount it to the base. I swear to god there's someone watching me on camera just laughing their asses off. I was so excited to use this thing.

I just emailed Thrustmaster, but I'm pretty loving disappointed this thing broke after a total of 20 minutes of use. :thumbsup:

Edit-I got it working about 50% of the time by making sure it's over a 90 degree angle before turning it on. :wtc:

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 29, 2014

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
That brings up an interesting idea. What if a developer celebrated the fact that their user base is generally over/under weight and rendered some fatty with a neckbeard. Polygon would have some introspective article about the unfair depiction of gamers and society would continue to mock us.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I keep getting distracted by that drat photo mode

I'm down for meetups any time this week after work, also down for any ridiculous gimmicks.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Hell yes! In the video the guy from Playground games says the new barn find is one of the most requested cars in Forza, wonder what that is...

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Dr. Faustus posted:

Anyone ordering it online from the store? I'm logged in (from work), I have VIP and the Season Pass, but at checkout it's still showing $19.99. Is it $9.99 for VIPs, and when/how is the discount applied?

There are some known issues with VIP discounts atm, see http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst28092_Current-Issues-with-Storm-Island-50--VIP-discount.aspx

Is VIP still $10? It'd be worth it for me to get the Tesla, and then get the DLC for $10.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Oh god this new car pack is awesome. Gonna be a lot of oj role playing.
Ford Bronco

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_january_casio_g-shock_car_pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The Fast and Furious stand-alone game dropped today: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/forza-horizon-2/fast-and-furious

• Locked thread