Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Only I seem to be able to gently caress up the physics of these Forza games:

http://1drv.ms/1rIhSNp

Luckily it was a road trip event and I just unlocked the Hospital Records radio station :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

azflyboy posted:

First, don't even try and use the cockpit or bumper cameras. Even on taller vehicles, the view is blocked by tall grass or the vineyards you go through

No way, that's the best part of the cross country races! just turn down the drivitar difficulty or 1st place the other races so it doesn't matter what position you come in :v: will have to try the downforce settings though. On that note does upgrading your selected car to the max of it's class have any impact on the single player races? I really haven't noticed a difference yet.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
If you get lucky, the golf course cross country race is the best thing I've seen for perk points. Constant shrubbery and jumps and no walls to bump into! You can literally have your combo up for the whole race. My max is 136k :v:

Next time I see it I'm just going to constantly restart the race until I've got all the perks

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Dolemite posted:

Lastly, let's talk about the online play. It's pointless. Sure, I like to joke around, have fun and try to race in nonsensical vehicles like vans, SUVs, etc. But, I don't wreck people, I apologize if I screw up a braking zone and punt a guy, etc. But the Horizon players don't even try to race. Everyone just smashes everyone out of the way. I've tried for days to get a clean race in.

I agree with the Multiplayer part, I wish there were several queues with options (no collisions, forced inside view, maybe a lower/higher class split too) like they do with Forza 5. Everyone just seems to vote S2 every time and drives like a maniac, even ramming you when you are on the same team as them in the red vs blue races.

I do really enjoy the road trip parts between the races though. With no checkpoints it's great to just blast through hills and forests just to get to the endpoint :v: makes me wish the cross country races had no checkpoints, or at least less checkpoints. Hopefully they'll add some more multiplayer options in a patch.

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 20, 2014

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Yeah unfortunately this has taken a back seat for me for the moment, between Sunset Overdrive and Halo MCC this week. I'm keen for a GRC weekend race though!

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
How the hell are you supposed to beat the 50,000 skill point challenge bucket list in the Merc (I think it's #10 in the second bucket list).

At least with the Nice and the Cargo one there are spots to get a good chain going. I can't see anywhere in this one :smith:

Ditto with the racing, tag is jonesdoge

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

WienerDog posted:

The SLS along the coast to Nice? I just strung together a chain of drifts. I think you will have to get it in one combo, or at least that's the easiest way. There's lots of sweeping drifty turns and that car is a drift machine. Sideswipes are a good way to get skillscore high too.

Ah drat, looks like I will have to learn to drive without abs or tcs :smith:

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
God drat storm island is a bunch of fun. I'm keen for races but timezone will gently caress me around a bit, so if I'm online feel free to invite!

gt: jonesdoge

Also, where is the barn and what is it? (please be a warthog) gently caress searching the whole island, I had enough trouble in those little circles and had to look a few of them up.

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 17, 2014

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Dr. Faustus posted:

I can't believe I beat that Gauntlet in this thing. I was trying to understand how a truck that's so light with such gigantic tires could be so hard to control.

I had to turn down the drivatar difficulty because of that pos :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Is there any point to completing the Fast and Furious thingy? I played it for a bit and it seems more like a demo for the game itself, do the cars transfer over?

• Locked thread