Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Well, at least I won't feel bad about missing exclusive pre-order crap (that I'm sure they will port and try and sell me later) since I'm still going to be rocking the 360 version. Anyone else still around and planning on grabbing for ye olden xbox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Well, paid for my Oldbox 360 version today. If any of you still exist on that platform, hit up Pvax for some synchronized freeway speed-test shenanigans.

I seriously almost spent 460 bucks instead of the 50 ... almost. I'm actually kind of happy the ports seem a bit different, I'll get to replay it once i DO finally get an XBOne. It IS kind of nice to be getting a version that isn't trying to upsell like 40+ bucks of DLC passes (Car Pass/VIP) on day one for once.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Dr. Faustus posted:

P.S. - XBox 360 owners rejoice! You can import from FH1!

Well. At least I have one thing to look forward to. :getin:

I almost 'boned on lunch ... was so close. It's totally inevitable. I love the Forza series too much to leave forever.

pvax fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 1, 2014

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

triple clutcher posted:

grabbed the 360 version today because I'm impulsive. So far ( just driving around, no real racing or tuning yet ) it's like a more polished take on the first Horizon, which really isn't a terrible thing ... I love the sprawling maps of TDU2 but the cars and the actual driving are nowhere near as fun as Forza's.

Agreed. If you are still on the the 360 and liked FH1, this is basically like a decent part two. If definitely is a step down from the streams I watched last night of the X1 version, but it's still a decent looking 360 game.

A little sadfaced at some of the shared videos. It hurt a little in the 2nd cut-scene for Ashley to mention the "rain" we just had. Well - the rain YOU had on your One. Some loading screens show wet cars as well.

pvax fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 7, 2014

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Kind of regretting not just taking the plunge and buying an Xbone. The 360 version is definitely fun, but it's really starting to feel a bit half assed.

Some thoughts since there wasn't much info made available for this version:

I've had some weird geometry problems, like cutting a corner a little bit and coming to a dead stop or flipping up in the air for no reason. Not just random corners either, like meant to be cut chicane type corners IN events.

Speaking of events ... the 360 career layout so far seems to be 4 events per city that you can race in different 10 classes (tracked separately). You only have to get a top 3 in all four (in one class only) to proceed - then the next hub appears on the map. The stats screen shows 480 events so I assume that means it 48 unique races in total on this version (raced 10 times each), plus the 4 Showcase events and 30 Bucket list challenges. Oh, and 10 barn finds.

And .... You don't get wheelspins on level ups either (not even in multiplayer like in FH1). I'm up to level 11 or so and am just getting a flat 2,500cr per level. The only reward cars I've received are from the showcase events. I've done 2 or 3 hubs and one round of multi so far and am sitting on like 300k.

I DO really like the layout of the map so far though and it's still fun as hell to drive around. I'm just really wishing I had upgraded. It also seems like the 360 just has the three main radio stations only, unless they unlock the others later.

pvax fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 1, 2014

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

We shall see. I'm not too far in yet I guess. Looking at my achievements, I'm still on the third hub, Sisteron. Maybe I'm just being impatient and am worried too much about having a gimped version since they basically shared nothing about the 360 version besides ... no weather, no drivatars, and no always on online.

poo poo - I'm just happy to be 'painting' roads on the map again. My favorite video game pastime :)

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Lyer posted:

Are the 360 players pretty happy with the game? I've only read good things about the xbone version.

It's got some rough edges, but the actual game is a lot of fun. It feels more like FH 1.5 with a new map than a true sequel. Heads up - Dev feedback has been MUTE about any support or answers to questions on the official forums. The basic game and map are included, but some fun quality of life stuff is definitely missing. It even looks like the Forza Rewards system is basically going to ignore this version. Which is, frankly, a load of bullshit if it isn't just an issue caused by launch bugs etc.

If I'm honest ... I'd only recommend it if you have no intention of getting an Xbox One in the next few months. I've done nothing but look for good deals on Xbone's this week so I can go play the 'real' game as it really looks to be one of the most next gen-like of next gen experiences released so far (to me).

Also, Zero goons have signed up for the 360 version of the GRC club since I posted it a few pages back so it seems empty :( I had so much goddamn fun with goons doing silly co-op poo poo when the last game launched.

pvax fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 2, 2014

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Seeking some clarification please :) I'm just asking about the main career stuff. I'm not counting Barn Finds, Bucket List, and Showcase events here.

Pvax's 360 version Career stats screen posted:

480 races to complete.

Looks like: 6 locations on map. 12 total Championships (with 4 event races in each). You can then complete each of the 12 championships in 10 different classes leading to a Stats Screen total of 480 races.

Basically a 48 Race Campaign that is repeatable 10 times to 100% the game.

Now ... Xbone

(Xbone True Achievements guide to career) posted:

There are six locations, each with 28 different championships each. Each championship has 4 races in it (except a single championship which has 3), meaning you need to do 672 races to finish this achievement. On top of this, you'll need to do the roadtrips still, which is another 20-30 minutes per 4 championships you complete.

Is the Xbone info accurate??? Are all of these 672 race events completely unique!?!?? Or do you see a lot of repeat events popping up? Even if they aren't .. that's a crazy difference and an awesome amount of stuff.

Is there a Rivals mode in the Bone version that lists all the events??

pvax fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 3, 2014

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Yeah .. looking at the Rivals tab on the spreadsheet at this site http://www.manteomax.com/, it looks like 80 or so unique events (so just shy of double the 360 version). That's still a lot more, but not as crazy as I thought.

X1 FH2 does look to have a little more variety to the actual championships and mixes things up a bit. 360 has the same 4 courses per championship regardless of class choice. It does look like the Rivals Leader-boards are tracked per class rather than just one overall per course like in some games, so that's pretty cool.

pvax fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Oct 3, 2014

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

You can swap parts, but no actual tuning is available on the 360. If you've played FH1 - it the same system as was in that game (except you can't unlock completely free upgrades this time)

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Well .. took a gamble on a CowBoom Xbox One for $279 - Couldn't pass it up at that price. Hoping to be playing the proper game by this weekend!

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Wow. I 'beat' this on the 360 and now that my One is here I sold that sucker and upgraded. Holy poo poo. It feels like a totally different game with all the little extra touches.

My only annoyance so far is drivatars that like to make out of nowhere turns right Into a field while I'm passing then. Then again, maybe Maybe I'm doing this all wrong.

Also. Anyone that enjoys racing games is an idiot if they don't buy this console. It's been one day and I already regret I waited so long. Hallelujah!!

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Dr. Faustus posted:

A thought has been brewing, I think I can express it, now; after having spent a lot of time in-game and doing the various areas:
This game is sort of like FM5 in that you do end up learning "tracks." They're not all circuits and they're not all easy to remember, but I'm starting to notice when I'm doing one I've done in another car in another class.

Agreed. The 360 version was this to the extreme, in a negative way, with it's really phoned in design (do exactly same 4 races in 10 classes) .

But, In the the One version, it is actually kinda of cool to get the repeats and they tend to mix it up and keep the championships fairly unique. I remember running one 'circuit' in an STI going gung ho rally style and then coming back and doing it in an X-bow and having a wonderfully different experience. (That X-Bow is fun as poo poo, by the way)

Sorry for ignoring all the invites yesterday. I had no F5 cars ready and the timing ended up being spousal-y terrible (she won the TV battle).

pvax fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Crap - I wish I would have just paid up for VIP when I first bought the game . Tough Decision now. Le poop.

• Locked thread