Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

The first time I tried to paint a car with Atmus' "Polished Aluminum Tint" it didn't work. Later on, it was there. I can't explain it, I guess it's growing pains. I now have a Polished Aluminum Orange Lancer that looks p. cool (although I miss my vinyls). I made a GRC placard and that's about it so far. O, and a US Flag.

gently caress, I want to share some new pictures but no joy on the servers.

Sorry read that as Atmus' "Polished Aluminum Taint".

I hope to join you guys tomorrow once I'm finally home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb posted:

Forzatune 5 for android and ios has given me some good starting points for tuning

I've never gotten good results from that app. Even as a starting point. I've had better luck usin the forza 4 spreadsheet then making my adjustments

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

A c E posted:

I always upgrade the drivetrain to AWD but try to stay within the same class. Allows me to drive like a maniac, plus there's always an off-road course in the road trips.

Also, we need to have a giant goon game. Maybe on a Saturday afternoon around 13:00 (GMT -5:00) so that both the UK players and those of us from North America can play together.

I'm down for that. Pitt will be losing to Duke by 1 so it shouldn't matter.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Spent most of Saturday exploring the map finally. I was pleasantly surprised to see a NinjaTune and Hospital station.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Is there a way, like in F5, to view a replay and enter photo mode or is it all kinda luck from the pause menu?

Dolemite posted:

the [VW] Bus turns into a fun machine to drive!

It sure is. I just couldn't get the drat thing to roll over.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I'm not seeing an X + B transmission option like in Forza 5 and the first FH. I'm an idiot though and probably just missing it.

A c E posted:

I'm glad it wasn't just me. I can not drive worth poo poo in GTA anymore. I miss my manual controls from Forza...

I fell like I'm driving better in GTA now, mainly in races. My lines and my throttle and braking are a bit more controlled. I do miss my manual transmission.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

ethanol posted:

There should be a paul walker achievement - reach 200 mph on a speed camera placed on a street corner

With trees. Achievement should be called "The Fast and the Deciduous".

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

The first is basically Point Break with cars and it's not bad. . The second and third exist. Fourth is okay and Five is oceans eleven with cars; it's also pretty good. Six involves a tank from what I understand.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

azflyboy posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Turn 10 decided to hire Clarkson to do voiceovers for Forza 6, since I doubt the BBC can legally prevent him from talking about cars in a video game, and if it came down to it, Turn 10 could probably create an original track that's very similar to the Top Gear track.

I hope they're videos of Clarkson and I hope that they will reveal that Clarkson was in a tank the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

wolrah posted:

Welp, guess there weren't lawyer reasons as much as accountant reasons...

They couldn't license Paul Walker's face for your driver avatar so they had some coding to do.

• Locked thread