Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Looks like they took a bit of a step backwards from Forza 5. All of the "extra" cars seem to require a purchase in game, as opposed to being free like they are in Forza 5.

Aside from that gripe, this seems to be a lot of fun so far. The physics seem to be slightly different from F5, since oversteer seems to be a bit more gradual in Horizon, so you end up drifting rather than snap-oversteering into things all the time, which is probably a good idea for a game that's not just about shaving down lap times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
FYI, a lot of the online features (downloading paints, rivals, and the club features) are either not working or are being intermittently disabled by the developers to try and figure out issues with the online components and the VIP not working.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
I discovered an interesting way to beat the "pro drivatar" rivals that are driving around the map.

For some reason, when you challenge a drivatar, it only seems to be able to follow established roads and there are no checkpoints along the route, so you can often take some massive shortcuts to beat cars that should be way faster than you are. My record so far is beating a BMW at the top of the B class with a D class VW Beetle. Since beating the pro drivatars is worth a good number of credits (I usually get 50-65k for beating each one), it's worth doing early on to be able to buy some of the more expensive cars.

azflyboy fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Oct 1, 2014

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
This game is purddy...

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

pvax posted:

Now ... Xbone

Is the Xbone info accurate??? Are all of these 672 race events completely unique!?!?? Or do you see a lot of repeat events popping up? Even if they aren't .. that's a crazy difference and an awesome amount of stuff.

They aren't unique. Each location seems to have its own set of routes/tracks for offroad/rally vehicles, and a different set of tracks for road cars. Within those two categories, the tracks do repeat themselves, so (for example) you'll end up running the same cross-country event in Nice in both the Offroad and Sport Utility Heroes categories.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Did a bit of racing with some other GRC members, and confirmed that pubbies are still morons. One guy had music (or a Mexican game show) playing over his headset, and the other one was racing the Lamborghini Urus by using it as a battering ram to just drive into everyone else.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

Add GutBomb303 as a friend, and join the club.

P.S. - Please note our friend AZ Flyboy is (last time I checked) just running away with the GRC ladder rank. He's setting the bar pretty high.

That's just because the game happened to come out at the start of five days off for me, and I don't have a heck of a lot else to do right now.

I spend most of the last half of October on the road (I think I have a total of six days off between the 11th and the 30th), so I'm sure someone will pass me pretty easily.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
For anyone running into issues with the cross country races, I have a couple of tips that might helps.

First, don't even try and use the cockpit or bumper cameras. Even on taller vehicles, the view is blocked by tall grass or the vineyards you go through, and the farthest chase camera gives you a much better view of where you're going, which gives more time to set up the line for the next checkpoint. Second, install the front and rear Forza aero, and crank up the downforce as high as it can go. Cross country races generally don't come down to whoever has the fastest top speed, and the extra downforce makes it much easier to keep a tight line through the checkpoints, which makes life a lot easier.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Sorry about apparently bailing on you guys mid-race. The power in my apartment went on the fritz and tripped a couple of circuit breakers.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Storm Island is officially well worth the $10 if you have VIP.

I've only done a few of the championships, but so far the courses seem to have much more of a "flow" to them than the regular FH2 offroad events, and the cross country courses seem to be a lot better, since there are far fewer "shoot the gap between immovable objects" sections, and there fewer annoying sections that roll you over over if you hit them slightly wrong.

The only thing that's slightly disappointing is that the rally body kits seem to be limited to a very few cars. So far, I've seem them on the 2005 Subaru WRX, the 1992 Mitsubishi Galant, and the 1983 Audi Sport Quattro, but none of the other cars in the modern rally, 90's rally, or Group B monsters categories seem to have any extra body parts available, which is kind of odd, since quite a few of those cars competed in the WRC, and there's at least one (the Celica GT-Four) that had rally stuff available in Forza 5.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
I was referring to the strictly cosmetic parts available in the "aero and appearance" category, not the suspension, tire and transmission upgrades that appear to be available to every car.

As an example, the Quattro now has "street" front bumpers, side skirts, rear bumpers, rear wings, and hoods that make it look like the Group B cars, and there are similar cosmetic updates for the other vehicles I mentioned. Turn 10 said that the body kits were available for certain "legendary" cars, so I'm wondering exactly which cars got those upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

ethanol posted:

Yeah, probbably my favorite thing to do, I'm extremely upset about the end of Clarkson Top Gear, I presume that's the end of Top Gear in Forza too. :(

I wouldn't be surprised if Turn 10 decided to hire Clarkson to do voiceovers for Forza 6, since I doubt the BBC can legally prevent him from talking about cars in a video game, and if it came down to it, Turn 10 could probably create an original track that's very similar to the Top Gear track.

• Locked thread