Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
How's the activity here vs. FM5? I got both for Xmas so I finally bought a 'bone over the weekend. I have a ControllerMAX on order with the hopes of making my CSR wheel useful, but I'm playing gamepad for now so I'm hoping FH2 is where more of the action is since that's a lot less dependent on the wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

GutBomb posted:

You're probably going to be disappointed with the controller max. I have one and tried it and it's not very good. It just emulates a stick so it's super non linear. You might be able to dial it out somewhat Wii uh the fanatec settings but I gave up on it pretty quickly

That's what I'm expecting, but it seems like a nifty device one way or another so if it doesn't work out for the wheel it won't feel like a total waste.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I just did the Finale so I'll finally be getting online, attacking rivals times, and the like.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Just finished the F&F stuff. Kinda wish it was set up as a DLC rather than a standalone so I could have the unique cars in the full game and modify them rather than just in the limited area and configurations of the special title. There's probably some lawyer-related reasoning behind that. It would also be nice if it would see that I already own the full game, expansion, car pack, and VIP so there's no point in trying to advertise to me.

I can't really complain though, $free is a fine price for what basically amounts to a lightly themed and heavily condensed version of FH2. I don't know what the demo was like, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a lot better of a demo than the real demo was.

edit:

GutBomb posted:

You know it's not.

They're all bad.

They're bad in a good way though. Don't see them looking for cinema genius and don't think too hard about the driving, just turn your brain off and enjoy the craziness.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 28, 2015

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

WienerDog posted:

I always thought they missed an opportunity to have some sort of test track leaderboard where it could display your top times with stock or modified cars regardless of class, like on the show.

Agreed. I have a leaderboard at my house posted over the racing seat that's basically this, we have categories for the Liana, Cee'd, and the "house car" which varies from time to time (currently an A600 tuned Miura). It would have been so nice to have the game support keeping track of this automatically for more than just the Cee'd in the Rivals challenge.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Welp, guess there weren't lawyer reasons as much as accountant reasons...

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_april_fast_and_furious_car_pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po0GgrLfr3M

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Porsche Expansion Pack tomorrow, $9.99

quote:

1970 Porsche 914/6
1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3
1987 Porsche 959
1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
2003 Porsche Carrera GT
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997)
2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
2015 Porsche Cayman GTS
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo

plus a few events and cheevos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I was kind of hoping for a '91 928. H982 FKL plates everywhere.

Oh well, at least I can build an awesome rally 959 or put poo poo tires on a CGT and do my best Roger Rodas impression. Here's hoping at least the 959, CGT, and 918 motors are available for swaps in to the rest of the lineup.

• Locked thread