Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You heard me.

Spinning this out from the super long discussion. We've had two weeks of split GDT's and a bunch of pro and con posts. So what's it going to be?

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Redzone thread is chill as gently caress, keep it as is

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A vote for monster thread is a vote for America :911:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ehud posted:

I am down

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Redzone is sweet, because everyone is flipping through all the games together, then having the network threads helps because I don't have to schlock through NFC garbage to bust on my sweet, sweet Chiefs.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ehud posted:

One big throbbing GDT as the founders intended

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Alouicious posted:

Redzone thread is chill as gently caress, keep it as is

This right here.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I like how the 10am games are split by network and then there's one 1pm thread.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Monster thread because I watch all the games at once and it's easier to say dumb things that way.

How about...combine all games but also have a separate Red Zone thread?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I actually liked the split threads. I could devote more time to actually watching a game because I could hit F5 and there'd be 15 new posts to skim instead of 30.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh right, I can sticky threads.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dr Tran posted:

I like how the 10am games are split by network and then there's one 1pm thread.

Oh, right. When he says 1 PM he means 1 PM Eastern. In some parts of the country football does not start during breakfast. It's crazy.

There aren't enough games in the afternoon to make splitting the thread worthwhile. This poll is exclusively in reference to the early games.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I actually read and enjoyed the thread this week on the NFC-visiting games. I stopped reading the single large 1 eastern thread because it was too big and moved too fast. Three pages of LOL ELI isn't funny or interesting to me

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

old dog child posted:

Monster thread because I watch all the games at once and it's easier to say dumb things

So post in the red zone thread... Because that's exactly what red zone is.

I don't see why the red zone thread can't be for people who want their monster thread.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I vote monster thread, but keep the cool RedZone thread for the cool people

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Cole posted:

So post in the red zone thread... Because that's exactly what red zone is.

I don't see why the red zone thread can't be for people who want their monster thread.

Part of what made those threads chaotic monsters (which is what some people liked) was that a shitload of people were posting in them at once, which will never happen in the red zone thread because there are two other GDTs going at the same time.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
If new peeps are comng in and enjoying the new way it's done, then I say split the threads.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I enjoy the mild coherence of the split threads.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Honestly I think people who like the chaos can just hop on Twitter and search the game-specific hashtags (visiting team vs home team, three-letter abbreviations) and get the same effect of impossible to follow non-conversations

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

football fuckerman posted:

Honestly I think people who like the chaos can just hop on Twitter and search the game-specific hashtags (visiting team vs home team, three-letter abbreviations) and get the same effect of impossible to follow non-conversations

Indeed, why even post on Something Awful? Or read it? This forum is obsolete - away with thee.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I like the three different GDTs, there's something for everyone. The people who like split have split and the people who don't have redzone.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Brannock posted:

Indeed, why even post on Something Awful? Or read it? This forum is obsolete - away with thee.

this but unironically

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Maybe I should set up a chat room, y'all.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I like forcing everyone to post in one thread that way it is like I have nfl Sunday ticket instead of rabbit ears.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

I actually really like the split threads

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Brannock posted:

rec.sport.football.pro.sunday.onetruethread

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

I actually really like the split threads

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Personally I like the split threads but I never minded the chaos threads either. I'd vote to keep them split though.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

One big throbbing GDT as the founders intended

Hostile Rabbi
Jun 25, 2005

by Ralp
keep the threads split, people who want a big thread that covers all games can go to the redzone thread

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
The gigantic NFL circlejerk thread moves too fast to pay attention to both the games and the thread.
The RedZone thread is just right though and I have enjoyed it thoroughly the first two weeks.
Please keep it going!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh, I should mention, I'm just going to leave this running through the games next week, since we do have a whole ton of posters who only show up for games.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The Redzone thread is for ADHD posters who cannot handle one coherent narrative at a time.

The Massive single GDT is for Alpha Male posters who can handle all narratives SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The Redzone thread is for ADHD posters who cannot handle one coherent narrative at a time.

The Massive single GDT is for Alpha Male posters who can handle all narratives SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Plus the massive GDT was perfect for events like Thanksgiving Day games. Everybody was together to laugh at the Lions live, and they stayed together to laugh at Buttfumble live, and it was beautiful

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Chris James 2 posted:

Plus the massive GDT was perfect for events like Thanksgiving Day games. Everybody was together to laugh at the Lions live, and they stayed together to laugh at Buttfumble live, and it was beautiful

Big threads like that work well when there's only 3 games to pay attention to in one day.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't think BIG EVENT GDTs are in question though

Its whether the 1pm GDTs should be split or not

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

One master thread moving at light speed with 2 straight pages of BILLS BITCH at then end of it

as the lord intended

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

One master thread moving at light speed with 2 straight pages of BILLS BITCH at then end of it

as the lord intended

Clearly the Lord did intend for the Bills to bitch, as he's given you oh so many reasons to.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This whole GDT thing reminds me of this episode of an obscure American cartoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0aNxzF7MAk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Keep it as is AND add a gently caress all thread on top of it :agreed:

I like the split threads, something for everyone. Plus you can treat the Redzone thread like the old format and you'll get away with it.

• Locked thread