Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Tzen posted:

I voted: Go back to the one monster thread

You made the right choice. You are a warrior for the light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
With about 15 minutes of football left to go until all the 1 PM games are over, the three NFL gameday threads are at a combined 4405 posts.

The NCAA week 4 thread has 6243 posts.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Brannock posted:

With about 15 minutes of football left to go until all the 1 PM games are over, the three NFL gameday threads are at a combined 4405 posts.

The NCAA week 4 thread has 6243 posts.

I took the dog outside and I'm hundreds of posts behind in the redzone thread its moving plenty fast. The people have spoken.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It was nice to be able to follow a GDT. Keep split threads forever

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

I took the dog outside and I'm hundreds of posts behind in the redzone thread its moving plenty fast. The people have spoken.

Your dog isn't people

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Merge the threads forever, please.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

African AIDS cum posted:

slow threads are really good. that play didn't count anyway

Doesn't matter still owned. You have bad opinions.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MonsterWalk posted:

Doesn't matter still owned. You have bad opinions.

The worst part about that play was it revealed to me a lovely rule where awesome deception like that isn't allowed. No fun league indeed.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Split early plus RDZ seems nice. Combined afternoon.

On week 4 can we not do a split early due to byes?

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Maybe one more week before making a final decision, see how the volume compares to the first three weeks and the merged week 4 thread from last year.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
As

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Z=

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Stupid phone ap

TheBizzness fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 22, 2014

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Really disliking this split thread nonsense. Let chaos reign once again.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The split threads are fine, no reason to split up anything but the 1pm games though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This poll is not very helpful!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What a comeback, woo!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

COME ON MONSTER THREAD WOOOOO

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

So uh people who want the monster thread for some reason and are not satisfied with having four other threads to commune with the spirits: why does the RedZone thread not work

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

So uh people who want the monster thread for some reason and are not satisfied with having four other threads to commune with the spirits: why does the RedZone thread not work

MourningView posted:

Part of what made those threads chaotic monsters (which is what some people liked) was that a shitload of people were posting in them at once, which will never happen in the red zone thread because there are two other GDTs going at the same time.

And a lot of the people who liked it the old way don't watch Redzone, they just like having reactions to all the other games in the thread they're posting in. I don't care which way we do it, but people acting like the red zone thread is the exact same thing are misunderstanding what people who liked one big thread actually miss (whether or not the thing they miss was actually good is I suppose up for debate).

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 24, 2014

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Declan MacManus posted:

At least for me, there were more people posting in the Fox thread than the Redzone thread, so that's what I mainly used.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Look at these people who read the GDT and don't just post post post post post post post into the void. If the forums went down, I'd just write :lol: and bears suck posts on individual 3 x 5 index cards and then throw them into a hat.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

R.D. Mangles posted:

Look at these people who read the GDT and don't just post post post post post post post into the void. If the forums went down, I'd just write :lol: and bears suck posts on individual 3 x 5 index cards and then throw them into a hat.

You have the same offseason GDT training regimen? Cool!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

If the final vote is literally 50/50 (or close enough) we should stake the outcome on a primetime game. Like if the Raiders cover the spread Sunday night then we go back to megathread, and if they don't we keep split threads (bad example because lol the Raiders, but you get the idea)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
If it's split then we should go back to the way it was before all this--the megathread.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GNU Order posted:

If the final vote is literally 50/50 (or close enough) we should stake the outcome on a primetime game. Like if the Raiders cover the spread Sunday night then we go back to megathread, and if they don't we keep split threads (bad example because lol the Raiders, but you get the idea)

Those of us who want to are just going to keep posting in the threads we like and at this point it is pretty clear that enough of us like it that we can continue to do so.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Come on Chiche, where's your fighting spirit? Let's arbitrarily risk it on a game!

I vote Bills/Texans as it has a high probability for hilarious incompetence.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'll be pretty sad if it goes back the way it was. There is a core group of posters here who know each other, and I'm not one of them. However, in the slower threads, I was able to recognize which posters were talking about the Cowboys game, and further, which ones were fellow Cowboys fans. I recognized their AVs and they saw mine, and there was a nice dialogue going between the five or so of us that were consistently posting.

Back when it was the monster thread, I never had anything like that.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I vote we just condense all of TFF into one thread.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kidcoelacanth posted:

Only opened between 2:04 AM to 2:18 AM Zulu Time every other Wednesday.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Only opened between 2:04 AM to 2:18 AM Zulu Time every other Wednesday.
That's 9:04 - 9:18pm Eastern so not the worst except on Sundays.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I vote Bills/Texans as it has a high probability for hilarious incompetence.

Word son.

Word, son.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Given the results of the poll, I'd say the opinion is split. :haw:

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Split TFF into two forums called AFC and NFC. One gets split threads, other gets monster thread. At the end of the season, the forum with the higher amount of users gets merged into the other forum.

Raiders fans abstain, of course.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

Isn't that what the thread in the Imp Zone is for?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

I get in top GDT posting shape by trying out new and creative ways of cursing at my team and seconds later cheering like a madman. I think it's paying off as it seems like I'm posting more than anyone else in Eagles GDTs.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I feel like I do some of my best worst work in GDTs so being the loser that I am, I want the largest audiences for my posts about the times I get body parts stuck in hot tubs

There's a lot of static for every bit of signal but aim high and try to be the guy who makes the weirdest noises in a sea of grunting manchildren

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Sour Diesel posted:

The split threads are fine, no reason to split up anything but the 1pm games though.

This is the sense I'm getting. After 3 weeks I can see the appeal of the split threads. The posts are still mostly white noise (WOW...THING HAPPENED!), but the pace is a little more manageable. If we are going to have split threads only split the early games. There is no point to having multiple threads for later games when only 3 games are going on at most and it's easier to follow anyway.

(I still vote megathread)

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 24, 2014

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Febreeze posted:

This is the sense I'm getting. After 3 weeks I can see the appeal of the split threads. The posts are still mostly white noise (WOW...THING HAPPENED!), but the pace is a little more manageable. If we are going to have split threads only split the early games. There is no point to having multiple threads for later games when only 3 games are going on at most and it's easier to follow anyway.

I voted to go back to the megathread, but this option is probably the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Febreeze posted:

(I still vote megathread)

If we must stick with the splits, only do the early games. The 4 PM mess Sunday was a complete mess, and even Seahawks/Broncos wasn't worth it.

• Locked thread