Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

One master thread moving at light speed with 2 straight pages of BILLS BITCH at then end of it

as the lord intended

Clearly the Lord did intend for the Bills to bitch, as he's given you oh so many reasons to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

humpthewind posted:

The split threads are nice for my lurking rear end. Keep it going!

Edit: is there a way to vote on polls on the awful app?

Not that I know of. I just logged on using my phone's browser and voted that way.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

African AIDS cum posted:

Split threads are better than before, and hopefully some day, down the road, in the future, we can get a single thread for each game. Time marches on.

Hawks Broncos deserves its own thread this week.

wheez the roux posted:

coherence is hosed up and bullshit :justpost:

Pretty sure you didn't like it when you thought your bowels were incoherent last week. :smug:

glad to hear you're safe and better. This place would be pretty boring if you died.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

There are only two other games at the time, but you know what. Yeah, that game probably needs its own containment zone.

Over the offseason we discussed having separate Game of the Week threads, and I can't imagine a better game to kick that off with. (Yes, I'm a Hawks fan. But you can't deny that this game is huge.)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's a non-conference game in week 3. Neither team will be overly effected regardless of who wins.

I think we both know that isn't what I meant when I called it huge.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

Split threads makes phone posting suck but looks like this is a losing battle.

Trying to read 100 posts per minute makes phone posting suck too.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The Dave posted:

Are you using one of the awful apps? Because it's pretty easy.

I never said it was hard, I said it sucked.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

100 posts in a GDT takes all of 1 minute to scan.

If that is the case then all of those posts were "lol" or some nonsense like that, which is exactly why so many of us wanted separate threads. Those other threads allow us to skip that bullshit and actually post something about the game besides twitter reactions.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

So what you want is a GDT to not be a GDT. The only time there are a ton of posts with "lol" etc is when something actually really funny happens like the Buttfumble. More people seeing cool poo poo and reacting to it at the same time = a good thing.

Edit: GDTs aren't for ~game anaysis~ they're for reacting to the game as it happens. That's what the aftermath thread is for.

And maybe some of us enjoy doing that for the game we are currently watching as well as in the aftermath threads? You're just defining a GDT as "the way I like it to be" and then disagreeing when other people prefer a different format. I want a GDT the way I like it, and the only reason so many people seem to have a problem with that is because their monster thread doesn't get as many "lol :romo:" as it used to. A bunch of us want to take a different approach to it, I don't see why that is so harmful to your way of life.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Philip Rivers posted:

Would a Serious Thread and a Redzone/Old GDT style thread be a good compromise? One thread where you could actually discuss the games at a little bit slower, more moderated pace, and one for posting buttfumble.gif and 10 :laffo:s in a row?

No, because those of us who want more than just a simulation of sitting in a room with a bunch of people would actually like to talk about the game we are watching instead of talking over the other 9 games to make a point about the one we are watching.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

kazil posted:

Oh you think this woman is attractive or this food is appetizing or this music is good or this book was exciting? No one gives a poo poo let's just talk football.

Nope, we want to talk about the hot cheerleader too and that's ok

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GNU Order posted:

If the final vote is literally 50/50 (or close enough) we should stake the outcome on a primetime game. Like if the Raiders cover the spread Sunday night then we go back to megathread, and if they don't we keep split threads (bad example because lol the Raiders, but you get the idea)

Those of us who want to are just going to keep posting in the threads we like and at this point it is pretty clear that enough of us like it that we can continue to do so.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GNU Order posted:

Was that thread as bad as one would expect?

It was actually great all the way through. Stayed on topic for the most part and had some good discussion. No quibbling between Broncos and Seahawks fans (outside the normal taunting at least), and was overall very enjoyable. I liked having a nice single game thread and would enjoy doing it again in the future. I think a majority of people just assumed it would be bad for some reason and didn't bother checking it out.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

It wasn't a bad thread but it was a completely pointless one. There isn't enough action at the late games slot to warrant single game threads. Most people only watch whatever the big game is on that time slot anyway and a few people watching the others. Just keep late games as 1 thread.

Pointless? I don't think it was pointless. The point was to post in it, and we did and it was fun. What else is there to it?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

The big thread is a great way to keep track of all the games, though. It's a pain in the rear end to go back and forth on a phone when sitting on the couch, so there's no point in checking in on cool poo poo in the other threads.

You know what else is a great way of tracking games?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

so why text instead of call

My mom prefers texting because she is cool and poo poo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Most people don't want to discuss and analyze during a game, they want to take in the game and lol when something happens.

"most"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Silly Burrito posted:

We've tried it one way since the start of this season, so let's try it the other way. The Redzone thread is not a proper substitute.

No. Those of us who want split threads are just going to create our threads anyway and post there. You can't just force us to go along with something we dislike because it makes you feel better.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chris James 2 posted:

*does to other side while saying "can't do it"*

I'm not saying it from a moral point of view you clown, I'm saying it from a logistical standpoint. You can still have your thread, we aren't depriving you of it. You just can't force us to contribute to it because we will create another thread anyway. Quit being dumb.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Maybe a mod is manipulating votes. I'm just asking questions here. :tinfoil:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sour Diesel posted:

Sooo is anyone else up for putting our big dumb disagreement on the shoulders of two lovely teams?

No. This is stupid. We are keeping the split threads. We have enough people that want to enjoy their own threads that we can just keep doing it whether they like it or not.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

"We are keeping the split threads" says someone who has as much ability as I do to make the decision to keep the Far Superior One Big Thread.

You're wrong. I can create my thread and post in it, you can't make one thread and force everyone else to post in it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Today's thread sucked footballs.

It was kind of fun to just post without thinking or reading anyone else's poo poo, so basically the same way I treat N/Vs.

But for real I wanted an actual discussion about my game with others who were watching.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

football fuckerman posted:

I think a few other people were watching browns-jags, not sure, didn't really connect with them in the thread

Loved seeing fifty posts about a field goal hitting an upright, though. Thats that good poo poo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Qwijib0 posted:

cause you've balkanized the posters for no good reason, which is why we got rid of divisional threads.

What is wrong with vulcanized posters?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Josh Lyman posted:

Balkanized has been used more in this thread than any modern European history class.

What does Star Trek have to do with Europe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Probably Magic posted:

The Vulcans are stand-ins for the Roman stoics.

Hey Mike, I call those guys Seattle first rounders because they never show me anything.

• Locked thread