Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

African AIDS cum posted:

I don't think that was very valuable and, thankfully it is better now this way.

They still are that, just split between three threads.

Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chris de Sperg posted:

I'm pretty sure talking about the game as it happens is the loving definition of "reacting to the game as it happens". The slower threads aren't full of people coming up with thousand-word screeds on the spot about whatever, it's people saying, for instance, "drat, the defense is getting killed by the run today", and then maybe people coming back with "is it just me or has [x player] been getting burned a lot", "why do they keep doing [y]", "remember when that other play happened that one time", "i don't know why i'm watching the packers anyway".

It's talking about what's happening in that game at that moment. It's stuff that doesn't fit in the other threads because nobody is sitting there making notes about what they were thinking about between the 9th and 6th minute of the second quarter in one of the 1PM matchups to go discuss, possibly in some kind of boardroom in some kind of suit that fits neatly over pads, with interested posters later. No, not even in the aftermath threads.

Now admittedly that is an idealised version of how that conversation might go (if it goes anywhere) but on the other hand the idealised version of the big threads is that you can post "lol" and refresh and look at all the other people that posted slightly different variations of "lol" so uh

The style of posting has not changed a bit. It just is split up between more threads. If that is what you want to make it "readable" then fine but don't pretend it suddenly changed how we do things for no reason.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

sirtommygunn posted:

It feels like people have been saying this every week.

Yeah but at least there was always quantity.

• Locked thread