Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ehud posted:

A vote for monster thread is a vote for America :911:

I am down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The Redzone thread is for ADHD posters who cannot handle one coherent narrative at a time.

The Massive single GDT is for Alpha Male posters who can handle all narratives SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Plus the massive GDT was perfect for events like Thanksgiving Day games. Everybody was together to laugh at the Lions live, and they stayed together to laugh at Buttfumble live, and it was beautiful

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

Original threads were better but I guess it's a losing fight at this point

I just hope this is just a 1-year policy and things go back to normal next season.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TubeStank posted:

So what you want is a GDT to not be a GDT. The only time there are a ton of posts with "lol" etc is when something actually really funny happens like the Buttfumble. More people seeing cool poo poo and reacting to it at the same time = a good thing.

Edit: GDTs aren't for ~game anaysis~ they're for reacting to the game as it happens. That's what the aftermath thread is for.

We have a matchup analysis thread now too. So we're posting thoughts about games in analysis, aftermath, and (on a slow news day) N/V threads. GDTs were always just meant to be chill places to relax and post while actually watching the loving games.

football fuckerman posted:

Now we're pretending people read other people's posts in the large GDTs? I would say about half the questions that get posted get answered at all. And if you do ask a question you have to look carefully for anyone answering you, and yes, soon enough you're five pages behind

The large single GDT can only be followed if it's the only thing you're doing. If it's not, if you happen to look at the game on TV or talk to another person, you're over a page behind and you're drat well skipping to the last page, don't lie

I've been able to read and catch up for pretty much every GDT (exception was of course the Thanksgiving Pats/Jets game), and I'm not even a fast reader.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brannock posted:

I completely missed this happening because monsterthreads aren't a thing anymore and I was reading the FOX thread (which is moving really loving slowly, extremely manageable even if you doubled it, FYI)

Bring back the old GDTs

I completely missed that too, holy poo poo

Bring back the old GDTs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What a comeback, woo!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Febreeze posted:

This is the sense I'm getting. After 3 weeks I can see the appeal of the split threads. The posts are still mostly white noise (WOW...THING HAPPENED!), but the pace is a little more manageable. If we are going to have split threads only split the early games. There is no point to having multiple threads for later games when only 3 games are going on at most and it's easier to follow anyway.

(I still vote megathread)

If we must stick with the splits, only do the early games. The 4 PM mess Sunday was a complete mess, and even Seahawks/Broncos wasn't worth it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chichevache posted:

It was actually great all the way through. Stayed on topic for the most part and had some good discussion. No quibbling between Broncos and Seahawks fans (outside the normal taunting at least), and was overall very enjoyable. I liked having a nice single game thread and would enjoy doing it again in the future. I think a majority of people just assumed it would be bad for some reason and didn't bother checking it out.

Or it could have been that the thread and game were bad and slow until the 4th quarter.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chichevache posted:

You know what else is a great way of tracking games?

Keeping track of games means only score now? Or does NFL.com also tell me that a guy got hurt imitating Rodgers, or another guy ran into a teammate's butt? Follow-up question: how do you manage to be wrong about actually everything? I mean, science says eventually with enough things brought up, you're bound to get something right, yet here you are.

TubeStank posted:

Like, this argument has gone in circles a billion times and the poll is equal plus a bunch of fencesitters. Is there even an end date when it's getting shut down?

I'd also like to know this. At this point with things as even as they are I'd like both a big thread for all games (and not everybody has Red Zone so that thread's not what I mean) and the people who want to be secluded to get their precious 2 threads, but I thought the original time for this thread to end was the end of this past game week.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All those conversations I had in GDTs over the last 2 seasons must have been just imaginary, because apparently it's impossible to read and follow along through the course of 4 hours

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Look how lively that Red Zone thread is. 4 minutes, 0 posts. Certainly seems exactly like regular GDTs like people in here said, right :smug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chichevache posted:

No. Those of us who want split threads are just going to create our threads anyway and post there. You can't just force us to go along with something we dislike because it makes you feel better.

*does to other side while saying "can't do it"*

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sophia came back and we had nuggetchat, this was a wonderful day for the most part

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Another 1 PM GDT where I managed to read almost every single post and have conversations, but apparently I'm the only one in history to be able to do it because it's impossible, utterly impossible, to read words and keep up

This was perfect and thanks again for doing it, Kalli

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wheez the roux posted:

shot drinking contest, each side elects a champion to represent them and the last man standing decides the fate of the GDTs

A better idea than making a side root for Dan Snyder's Team

• Locked thread